Parents! Please help with my Master's thesis... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-09-2005, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Parents!

I am working on my Master’s thesis, and I NEED YOUR HELP! I study how children respond to mass media. My thesis is entitled, “Parental Mediation of the Internet in the New Media Environment” and I am gathering my data via an online survey. I need PARENTS of children between the ages of 8 and 17 to take the online survey about their interactions with their children about the use of the Internet in the home.
If you have any children between 8 and 17, please visit my website at:

http://www.SurveyMonkey.com/s.asp?u=411031122369

The password to take the survey is: password
It should take less than 30 minutes to complete. Your participation and answers will be both anonymous and confidential. The website will be available to you until midnight on SUNDAY, JUNE 12, 2005.

IF YOU KNOW ANYONE with children in this age range who could participate, PLEASE forward this email! I am trying to recruit at least 200 parents, and I have less than ONE WEEK to complete this project.

If you have any questions, please email me (eryan2@student.gsu.edu) or my thesis advisor, Yuki Fujioka, Ph.D., at jouykf@langate.gsu.edu. I truly appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
Erin Ryan
MA Program, Mass Communication
Georgia State University
eryan2@student.gsu.edu
#2 of 3 Old 06-09-2005, 01:34 PM

I did it and it didn't take long. Can your post your analyzation of the results when you are done. I am very interested. By the way GOOD LUCK. I finished my diseration in October 2004!
#3 of 3 Old 06-09-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Once the whole thing is finished, I'll post the results. I really appreciate the help! My committee took so long making "suggestions" that it left me with virtually NO time to actually complete the research!
Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page