bb gun wars IN the house - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-04-2005, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son came back from his bio dad's saying that "uncle John" (step mother's 40 yr old bil) and ____ ( 15)had a bb gun war in the house. Bio dad was sleeping, step mother was outside. My dear eight year old boy ducked for cover.

This is one of many issues that lead me to not wanting the kids to go to their bio's when he is working. ( works nights, 12 hour shifts at sherrifs office)

My question,
I want to call the police/cps about it. Unsafe gun play is unacceptable in my book. Especially when there is a duty weapon in the house, plus many other guns. Should I ?

There is a fair amount of discord between the two houses. One is Atheist, one is born again. One a blue voter, the other red. Pax in one house, guns and hunting in the other. KWIM?!? Bio dad and I have tried very hard to rebuild 20 years of friendship torn down by his affair with step mama. At this point all that work is down the tubes. I gave them the chance to prove to me that the kids are safe at their house when he is away/sleeping. And this is what happened.

So do I document, or let it slide? :
#2 of 4 Old 07-05-2005, 12:41 AM

OMG! Were they shooting them? In my city it is illegal to shoot a bb gun inside city limits and i have called the police on neighbor boys! Is your ex a cop? Seems he would be concerned with gun play in his house! I would be freaking out. I think I would call my lawyer and talk to her because that seems like child endangerment. I might call the police too. Or, CPS and ask them what to do, thought I don't know if i would be excited to tie up my own kid with cps. I think I might call the police.
#3 of 4 Old 07-05-2005, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, he is a Sgt. with the county. Yes, they were shooting them in the house.

There is a huge history of power/control/abuse between us. I want to doccument, but am afraid that because of his job, nothing will happen. Ahh the joys of a small town. Which is why the kids and I moved to a larger one.
#4 of 4 Old 07-08-2005, 03:33 AM

So what did you decide to do?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page