wedding gift for new family with 6 yo and 9 yo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-26-2005, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend is getting married in two weeks to a woman with a six year old and a nine year old. Though the invitation says no gifts, my family would still like to get something for theirs. Any suggestions? I haven't met any of his new family yet. I think it would be cool to take some pictures while visiting and then frame them...but I don't trust myself to get around to it afterwards.
#2 of 5 Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM

I am getting married this week and I have a 4 and 5 year old, I don't know how well it will correspond but some fun gifts would be:

A gift card to do something as a family--for a movie theater, amusment park, restaraunt, maybe one of those paint your own pottery places, even a movie rental with a box of microwave popcorn.

We really need some bowls :LOL But something fun from a Bed, Bath, and Beyond sort of store- a pizza cooker, ice cream maker, fun set of glasses, what ever catches your eye.

Add to any of them a cheesy note about enjoying your new family.

Hope this helps!
#3 of 5 Old 07-27-2005, 12:29 AM

What about giving the kids their own disposable camera? Maybe a frame to go with it? And a gift certificate to have the film developed? This way they can take their own pictures of the wedding.

Okay, reading it back it sounds kinda lame. :LOL

Sorry, I'm no help, I think I'll go off to bed..... :
#4 of 5 Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 AM

I was thinking along the same lines - like a "family pass" to the local zoo or museum (because I know it can be costly for a whole family just to get IN those places) or, if you want to be humourous about it, you can make a gift basket, with all kinds of little "family" goodies in it - like:

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
a family board game or card game
McDonalds Gift certificates
earplugs for the parents
a bottle of tylenol
a DVD and some microwave popcorn

etc...
#5 of 5 Old 07-31-2005, 01:28 PM

I already had 2 kiddies when I got married and I don't know if they were being thought of when we received this gift, but we got a set of TV tables as a gift, and my kids LOVE them. I don't allow much TV, but they love to use them to color and to play house and play school... they use them much more than we ever do (because we don't watch tv either). They are also nice in a pinch for an extra place setting if you run out of room at the kitchen table when guests come. Anyway, I don't know if this would suit your friends. I think they run around $50 for a nice set.

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page