Vent; my ex (sorry, long...) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-07-2005, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK. Last week, I was calm. I had come to terms with myself and I no longer hated my former husband, the father of my existing children.
Okay,he's paid a grand total of £1350 in child support over the course of the 4 years we've been split, and not a penny since February. He sees his children once or twice a year, if that (2005 is a good year- two whole weekends. In 2004 he saw them for 6 hours.) and has no idea of what makes them tick- so, for instance, he bought his youngest child a Joe 90 DVD box set for his birthday and a board game (when Isaac hates board games because he doesn't like losing) It is, frankly, one long WTF? Oh, and he forgot to ring Isaac to say Happy Birthday as well- for 5 whole days. :
So, this charming gentleman made the decision that his new family (lovely lass, single mama, deserves a heck of a lot better. She doesn't AP, but her head is pretty firmly screwed on) should spend their summer holiday 9 miles from us at a caravan park. They asked if the boys could come and stay for a night. I said yep, that's fine- if you want, they can even stay for the whole week. He said- well, only if you send spending money. Apparently her daughter routinely spends £10 a night on coke and kiddie fruit machines and things like that when they're on holiday, and they wanted the boys to do the same. I chose not to hear this, and so the suggestion of the whole week was dropped.
They came back 8am yesterday morning, when school started at 9. Not breakfasted, but clean and showered- except Isaac's hair is stuck flat to his head with something (I think, shampoo.) Normally they're poo-free, because they hate having their hair washed and it's so short anyhow. Isaac was obviously struggling for breath (asthma), Alex has an alarming red mark on his thigh and they're both having their first eczema break-out in 4 or more years (shower gel, perhaps?). Oh, and Isaac is having horrible, griping tummy aches because he was fed fish and chips two nights running, and even one portion of fried food upsets his tummy- but he didn't feel able to say this and his daddy either forgot or ignored. All of this is really small stuff, but together it's really annoying. Oh, and he left their waterproofs behind and gave us a stolen towelling poncho instead- so great, after they get drenched at least we'll be able to dry them off. Just what I always wanted.
AND, then, while they were hanging around at 8am on the first day of the school term, because they wanted to walk the boys to school with me (Why? I dunno...) they drop the bombshell that they're planning another baby. Or two, because the age gap between her daughter and a new baby is so big. : Am I being unreasonable in thinking that a man who is putting so little effort into his relationship with the kids he has should NOT be planning on having another?
Grrr. That's all, just grrr.
Thanks for getting this far.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#2 of 4 Old 09-07-2005, 11:38 AM

Oh Helen. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this right now.
#3 of 4 Old 09-10-2005, 01:45 AM

You could be writing my story, right down to a boy named Isaac.

hugs, love your children and ignore him.
amy
#4 of 4 Old 09-10-2005, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks It's so much easier to ignore him when I don't have to see him, though- but at least, in 9 hours time that's it for a whole other year, unless a miracle happens.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page