Sharing my story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-29-2005, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My story is a short one but with all the threads either of venting about step children and/or criticizing those vents... I felt compelled to just share with everyone my new involvement with blended families...

So basically I grew up in a small town and most of my friends had two parents. Not all of their parents were good or happy for that matter, but they all tended to stay together for one reason or another. My own parents, quite suprisingly, one day told us they were getting divorced. That was over ten years ago but neither have remarried yet. So in other words, I have limited experience with blended families.

Fast forward, I have my daughter with a highschool boyfriend, and then later I meet a wonderful guy who is from a blended family. It's so odd for me, because I have met more of this guy's step-family than his biological. From about 13 he grew up with his sister, step-sister and step-brother, and his best friend is his step-cousin (if that makes sense). When we have family over or go to family functions, they are with his extended step-family. RayeAnne's new cousins are his step-neices and nephews since he has no bio- one's yet. She loves them so much! Heehee it's all kinda kooky!

Well, anyway the really cool part is that I know that he is and will always be a great step-dad because he has no problem treating people that aren't blood-related as family. I know that his good blended family experience has taught him to be a good step-dad and I think that more people could do well to open their minds to being more loving-family advocates-regardless of relationship. He sure has taught me a think or two about family ties.

Thanks for listening to my positive story

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-29-2005, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh that's nice to hear.
Im happy for you

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page