Do I need to be posting HERE??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-28-2005, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ex moved out almost two years ago. The divorce was final five months ago. He got married last week . . . out of town . . . without his sons present and unaware of the nuptuals until a couple of days before they took place.

So, we are "blended". My sons now have a stepmom. I like her. I have known her for nearly ten years. but ex won't talk to me. thus she doesn't/won't/no opportunity to talk

So, should I post here or on the "singles" thread? I mean, I long for communication with the father of my sons AND their new stepmother! But, the longing is one way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Why won't your ex talk to you? Why do you want to talk to him...what do you need to communcate about?
#3 of 6 Old 11-28-2005, 02:08 PM

There are lots of times I think this forum and the single parenting one should be together. Sure I can think of threads that would only fit in one or the other, but lots of them would work well with advice from both.

You can post here!
#4 of 6 Old 11-29-2005, 05:52 AM

I post on both. It helps me keep an opened mind.
#5 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMine
Why won't your ex talk to you? Why do you want to talk to him...what do you need to communcate about?
our children
their feelings
stuggles
school
behaviors
medical concerns
medical issues

fyi: ods is developmentally delayed, has a seizure disorder, on anti psychotic med but when hospitalized (for two weeks a little over a year ago) ex/his dad refused to particpate in any outpatient counseling

Why won't he talk to me? If I knew that, we'd still be married! Or never would have been!

MOMMYMINE, please don't take offense in my post! I get the same question all the time IRL!!! We are parents of the same children, so we need to/ought to/should talk. Why won't he?

only God knows
#6 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 02:18 AM

I think people ask because a lot of ex's complain that "my ex won't speak to me" and what they mean is that my ex won't rehash our divorce or talk about my feelings or discuss my feelings on their current date and so forth...Just the other day a girlfriend was trying to convince me that her sister should take sister's ex to court since he didn't bring his new girlfriend over to meet sister before he introduced new gf to their children. *sigh* I think that it would be nice if they had the kind of relationship where he did that...if godforbid I ever find myself in a similar situation I will endevor to have that kind of relationship, but if it isn't to be it isn't to be.

How very troubling that your ex wasn't even willing to participate in medical care for his child. Does he exersize visitation? It seems that the very act of exersizing visitation creates so many issues that we can't avoid talking about- even if we wanted to! I mean there are socks left here and there and allergies to let each other know about and appointments that can't be missed and so forth!

Have you considered on of those websites where you can each post and not actually TALK? I am thinking if he is able to communicate via written word.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page