Maybe two more on the way. Help!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-13-2006, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a long story....I married at 18 and had a son. We divorced 3 years later. I met a wonderful man he had been married twice before. Three kids with the first and two with the second. When I divorced I didn't have anything because I had no family or friends to help me so I had given my son to his father in hopes I would get full custody back when I got settled. I was younge I didn't know how the system worked. It was really ugly cause he met someone too and her and I did not get along. I didn't know how to cope with another women raising my son. When I did get settled I took him back to court and we both agreed on 50/50 with not one parent have primary. One week on and one week off. That really seems to work. Finally, after endless fighting we agreed this is not healthy. Manly, the fighting was between the ex's wife and myself b/c my ex worked constantly so she was taking care of my son. Now everything is calm and actually we get along like best friends. We go and do things together and honestly it works. Now....as for my husband. His first three kids he gave is sister gardianship after he had an investigation done to prove is ex had done drugs and was prostiting. When we got married we just had visitations. Then soon after she was willing to give him back custody. Two were under age and the third was 18.(my husband is 15years older). One was 12 and the other was 17. Now I was only 22 trying to be a parent to a teenager. Needless to say when the 17 year old turned 18 she moved out. My husband and I had a daughter of our own. I found myself getting to close to them and not allowing their mother any rights b/c she did finally clean up and got some visitations with the girls. Now the 12 yo is almost 19 and my husband second wife came into his life with a child support case. She had told him to stay out of their life which he complied b/c of his own reasons. So he is taking her to court after not seeing his kids for almost 10 years. What is the judge going to say? Emotionally, I don't think I can handle it but, I know my husband should see his kids. My second question is my son goes to my ex's school district he is going into 6th grade. I want to go to court and see if the judge will allow him to go to my school district for the other 6 years of school. Would it be worth taking him to court for that? Please, someone help me. I am so confused.
#2 of 3 Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM

No answers (not Americam, so can't comment on the legal stuff) but wanted to say hi and send a

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#3 of 3 Old 02-14-2006, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=flapjack]No answers (not Americam, so can't comment on the legal stuff) but wanted to say hi and send a [/QUOTE

THANK YOU THOUGH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page