primetime live - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-22-2006, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone see this show on stepfamilies last night? http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1865418&page=1
what did you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-23-2006, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMine
Did anyone see this show on stepfamilies last night? http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1865418&page=1
what did you think?
It made my stromach hurt. Even the first story (which was a non-abusive home). Who could power-trip on a kid like that.

Those poor lost girls.
#3 of 5 Old 04-24-2006, 02:08 PM

I didn't see it, but DP's sister brought it up this weekend and it sounded horrible. I just read the link from MM & it definitely looked like a downer.

I wish the media could give constructive advise without dwelling on the horror stories. I know I'm not the only one who grew up in a good, functional blended family - I wish we'd see more stories on THOSE types of families. Instead of showing us a family that's falling apart and say "to avoid this, do A B & C" - why not show us a family that's making it work really well and say "These people have done A B & C and look how happy they are" YKWIM?
#4 of 5 Old 05-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i was also dissapointed that they didnt show younger stepkids (the stepkids were pre and teens)

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#5 of 5 Old 05-04-2006, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz-hippymom
i was also dissapointed that they didnt show younger stepkids (the stepkids were pre and teens)
True - I hate it when normal teen-aged angst gets labeled a "step-parent/child" issue - as if these kids would be perfectly happy if they were living with their bio parents. (although I don't think those families were "normal" )

My son and I have arguments sometimes, but if he argues with DP it's because he has issues with our "blended family" ??

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page