Needing Support For Weird Situation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-27-2006, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 3 year old daughter who has been a delight to have. I also am due with a son in July. The part that is weird or akward is my children are from 2 brothers. not my brothers. but two brothers. I am now back with my daughters father and have so much confusion and stress about the whole situation. If someone has or is going through this or can help, it would be appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Just to clarify (because it makes a HUGE difference ) - do the brothers know about this?

If everything's out in the open, then I don't really see anything too weird about it - other than the obvious "my brother is my cousin" thing for your dd. I guess it would really depend on the people involved.

If this is a big, dark secret you're carrying around, then, WOW - I have no advise (sorry).
#3 of 7 Old 04-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

I'm confused : who is related to whom??
#4 of 7 Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 PM

I believe she's saying that her 2 kids have different fathers and those fathers are brothers - her dd's dad & her ds's dad are brothers - and she's currently back together with brother#1

What I'm not clear on is whether or not brother#1 knows his brother is the father of this new child.
#5 of 7 Old 04-29-2006, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Yes both brothers know about each other and they are 1/2 brothers same mother and different fathers. their mother who has told me that i have ruined their family now. The kicker of it all was they were happy when they found out I was preg. wirh brother #2. There is a problem now because my daughters father and i are together again. I don't understand why now it is a huge deal, is it because I hurt their "baby"? I am treated as if I have a sickness that they can get just by talking to me. I am stressed over the whole situation.:
#6 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanbabygirl
Yes both brothers know about each other and they are 1/2 brothers same mother and different fathers. their mother who has told me that i have ruined their family now. The kicker of it all was they were happy when they found out I was preg. wirh brother #2. There is a problem now because my daughters father and i are together again. I don't understand why now it is a huge deal, is it because I hurt their "baby"? I am treated as if I have a sickness that they can get just by talking to me. I am stressed over the whole situation.:
Familys are more complicated now. My best friend's dad left his family to marry another women (who was also married). The scorned wife (my best friend's mom) and the scorned husband (her dad's new wife's former dh) ended up getting married. Then my firend's sister married her new stepparent'' son.

Things happens. It is a bit strange, but if things settle down, than all will be OK in a couple years.
#7 of 7 Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 PM

I agree, it's complicated & there are probably a lot of mixed emotions on everyone's part - but I think it will calm down after the birth. Give it some time & I'm sure that everything will sort of blend into normal.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page