Quoted: 0 Post(s)
By first name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DD calls both DH and her bio-dad "Daddy". When she wants to differentiate, she calls them Daddy ____ (insert name here). We have told her how lucky she is to have two daddys and she seems to really like hearing that. She also easily differentiates between them, despite her young age.

Her bio-dad and I have no formal custody arrangement, so there is no violation there
#33 of 34 Old 07-12-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs_girl517
Really? I've never known anyone who had this issue addressed in a custody/visitation agreement. And believe me, if the kids' bio-mom had thought it was possible, she would have insisted it be in there.

Hell, she tried to insist the agreement stipulate that there would be no overnight visitation as long as there was an unrelated female (me) living in the house.
We had the same stipulation in our agreement before my DH and I got married...according to that, I could not spend the night if we weren't married even though we lived together...so we got married!

I've never heard of the other thing though. We just all have an agreement that the kids will know the truth, and it's up to them. It's NOT ok for either bio-parent OR step-parent to push it on them to call step-daddy "daddy" or me "mommy" but if that is THEIR choice, we will not tell them no!
#34 of 34 Old 07-22-2006, 08:33 PM

My step-son calls me mom. I've been in his life since he was about 18months, though. He called me by my name for a while and then about 2 years ago just sort of eased into calling me mom. It drives his mom crazy, so he tends to call me by my name in front of her, but otherwise I feel that he can call me whatever he feels comfortable with. I never make an issue of it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page