what do you do when bio mom lies to her daughter about stepmom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-18-2006, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello to all..I really could use some major insite..especially before i go see my family shrink tomorrow. My step daughter(16yrs). who lives with my husband and me, was recently told by her mother that i had said her daughter was a little witch with a "b". was so so so..totally untrue. I would never ever ever say that about my step daughter. my husband is furious at his ex for telling his daughter that...I on the other hand am very hurt at her actions. I thought i had a good relationship with the bio mother..but apparently not. I just really dont know how to react to this...it bothers me so much and i dont know what to say to my step daughter much less her mother..at this point i really dont care to speak with her mother..i am in shock..plz any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM

I think you have to talk to bio-mom or send her an email or a letter if you think things will get heated. Why would she say something so hurtful to her daughter? I think most of us here would shield our children if someone said something bad about them. Is there a chance that your SD is stretching the truth? If so, or even if not, SD probably needs reassurance of your feelings for her. Anyway, it sounds like a tough situation, and I'm sorry that you have to go through it.
#3 of 4 Old 05-18-2006, 05:01 PM

He can speak to his ex to "clarify." You and he can sit down with his daughter to explain that you never, ever used that word to describe her, and that you've got in touch with her mom to see if you can clear up the misunderstanding. That way, you're not dissing the mom, and it leaves an out for everyone - it was just a mix-up, as opposed to "your mom lied."
#4 of 4 Old 05-26-2006, 04:22 PM

:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page