im exhausted. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all ive been mainly a lurker around here for awhile, but really need some advice.

i have 3 bio kids of my own plus 4 skids who all are intellectually disabled.
there is another skid who comes over in holidays.

my problem is i am just so exhausted and am finding it really hard to keep going on.

7 kids in the house fulltime with hubby working heaps of overtime to make ends meet, another child that comes on holidays, 4 kids with disabilities, and major speech problems.

how on earth do you find the strength to keep on going?:
#2 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mumma
hi all ive been mainly a lurker around here for awhile, but really need some advice.

i have 3 bio kids of my own plus 4 skids who all are intellectually disabled.
there is another skid who comes over in holidays.

my problem is i am just so exhausted and am finding it really hard to keep going on.

7 kids in the house fulltime with hubby working heaps of overtime to make ends meet, another child that comes on holidays, 4 kids with disabilities, and major speech problems.

how on earth do you find the strength to keep on going?:
While I don't have near as many as you do, my boys are highly active sometimes to the point of literally climbing the walls. It is important to find some time for you to refresh your mind. How old are the children? Can the older ones maybe help with the younger ones? I try (keyword TRY) to make sure I do something for myself a couple times a week. This doesn't always happen and it has been a bit easier now that 2 of mine are back in school. I try to exercise a few times a week, do yoga kids with my youngest, write, bake... these are all things that I enjoy doing.

Other than that I really have no advice. Big hugs to you mama you have so many to take care of.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

thankyou for taking the time to respond.
the kids all range in years, 5 yr old girl,6,7,9,13,15,16 yr old boys.

mine are the 3 oldest ones, unfortunately the eldest one is doing his final yr of school and doesnt spend much time around the house he is too busy studing.
the other 2 have been helping but still its really hard.
i have to go thru speech therapy everyday with them, and their disabilities are in fact so hard to handle, they are still not toilet trained correctly, and what they learn one day the next day have forgotten.

they get to see their birth mother once every 3 months and with that comes alot of extra hassles as they were severely abused by her.

i have major health problems happening to me at the moment, and the dr has said i could only have a few years left the way i am going.

so on top of all that i go thru im trying to get things in order and teach them just in case im no longer around.

im soooo sorry that this has turned into some kind of vent.
#4 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mumma
thankyou for taking the time to respond.
the kids all range in years, 5 yr old girl,6,7,9,13,15,16 yr old boys.

mine are the 3 oldest ones, unfortunately the eldest one is doing his final yr of school and doesnt spend much time around the house he is too busy studing.
the other 2 have been helping but still its really hard.
i have to go thru speech therapy everyday with them, and their disabilities are in fact so hard to handle, they are still not toilet trained correctly, and what they learn one day the next day have forgotten.

they get to see their birth mother once every 3 months and with that comes alot of extra hassles as they were severely abused by her.

i have major health problems happening to me at the moment, and the dr has said i could only have a few years left the way i am going.

so on top of all that i go thru im trying to get things in order and teach them just in case im no longer around.

im soooo sorry that this has turned into some kind of vent.
That definitely sounds like a lot for one person to deal with! I wish I had more advice to give. Keep your chin up and hopefully things look up soon.

#5 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 05:27 PM

Big hugs- and please, vent away. It's better that you come here and get a hug than that you go wild, lose your temper with the kids and go chasing after their biomom with a chainsaw, y'know?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#6 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
Big hugs- and please, vent away. It's better that you come here and get a hug than that you go wild, lose your temper with the kids and go chasing after their biomom with a chainsaw, y'know?
I don't know why but that image just really made me laugh.

#7 of 7 Old 09-11-2006, 10:35 AM

That image made me laugh too! I don't have much advice to give since I only have oone SK and no bio kids of my own, but I wanted to give you hugs

I know from my DSD that it is hard simply for the fact that even though you love more than anything, they are still not your flesh and blood. My heart goes out to you right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page