"final" court date tomorrow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2006, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Tomorrow is our "final" court date. BD is asking for a 50/50 time split, which I obviously oppose because our son is only 21 months old. He is also asking to reduce his child support by 50%.

I've felt confident from the begining that things would work out in court for the best for my son, but it is still very scary for me. I love my son more than anything and I truly don't think that 1 week at our house, 1 week at his father's house is reasonable or good for him expecially considering the fact that our lifestyles are now very different. It's so hard to artiuculate how I feel about this, there is so much raw emotion...

Wish us luck tomorrow and send us good vibes. The judge will decide about custody, visitation and child support (I am asking for more and it has been a fight). I hope I can keep calm and composed through everything.
#2 of 5 Old 09-20-2006, 01:29 AM

How did it go? Hope you're doing well!
#3 of 5 Old 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM

Alyssa,
You name means a woman of logic.

(I know cause I named my daughter Alyssa)
I hope all is well with you
Amy
#4 of 5 Old 09-20-2006, 03:32 PM

Waiting for an update.....

Christina:~Student mama to Collyn(13), Haylea-Ann (9):, and Natalie (8) , and SO to Jeff.
#5 of 5 Old 09-20-2006, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Everything went well, but we don't have a ruling yet : My son's father did a ton of lying, but it seemed obvious to everyone and I am not worried about his lies reflecting badly on me or my position. We expect a ruling in the next week or two. This case has been going on for well over a year with tons of BS motions, briefs and memorandums- the judge has a lot of material to read through to decide. I'm crossing my fingers that the juge goes with a standard visitation schedule (every other weekend, 1 weeknight/week) and that he orders a child support increase. I'll update when we have a ruling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page