Are your step kids abused? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont want to go into all the details. I am just wondering if anyone else has stepkids they know are being abused (by the other parent).

Lisser

Alyssa, wife to one, mama to 2 boys, 5.5 and 4. Living and learning on our little farm.
#2 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 PM

hi im fairly new here but had to respond.
yep we knew our skids were being abused by the birth mother and her friends.

took 4 years of court and now we have full custody of the kids.
its a hard road once you find out the truth about their abuse, and its not easy on the kids either.

ours have been with us for 1 year now and still have the nightmares everynight from what happened to them.

i wish you all the luck in the world as you will need an enormous amount of strenght to get through it all.
#3 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 03:35 PM

We think so, but until the custody trial on December 15, there isn't really much else that we can do.

Christina:~Student mama to Collyn(13), Haylea-Ann (9):, and Natalie (8) , and SO to Jeff.
#4 of 10 Old 09-24-2006, 02:29 AM

Without knowing the details, I just wanted to point out that you can call CPS without telling any of your info, just as a ''concerned person''. Also, if a child reports abuse to a councelor at school, they immediatly look into it.
#5 of 10 Old 09-24-2006, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisser View Post
I dont want to go into all the details. I am just wondering if anyone else has stepkids they know are being abused (by the other parent).

Lisser
Are you the other parent that knows they are being abused? If not im sorry, just a question
#6 of 10 Old 09-25-2006, 03:11 PM

If you suspect abuse, PLEASE CALL CPS!!!!!!!! I do a lot of volunteer work with the CPS in my area and the orginizations that support the CPS and the kids in the foster care system and the stories the caseworkers tell me are heartbreaking with all kinds of abuse and neglect that I could not even think up if I tried. Don't let any child be one of those stories!
#7 of 10 Old 10-01-2006, 03:23 PM

I'm with Zilla on this one--if you suspect abuse, please call CPS. But document that it isn't because you just don't like biomom and the partner or just want her out of your husband's life so you can pretend that he didn't have a life before you or because biomom just is overwhelmed/not a good housekeeper/etc (if that's the case, maybe help her or get her help or offer to take care of stepchild for a little while) or that you just want them so you can play mommy, so you are "making up stories" so you can get the child because I'm sure that's what biomom's counsel would argue.
#8 of 10 Old 10-01-2006, 09:30 PM

we are in the position where unless you can document marks nothing can be done
#9 of 10 Old 10-02-2006, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

The abuse is not suspected. It IS. We have off and on reported to CPS and it seems they are *finally* starting to listen. (And things are SO MUCH WORSE than we thought.)

Its my step sons being abused by their bio-mom.

Its just a heartbreaking situation. For the longest time they were lying for her, but they are getting sick of it all.

Lisser

Alyssa, wife to one, mama to 2 boys, 5.5 and 4. Living and learning on our little farm.
#10 of 10 Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM

Oh, those poor kids!

I am so glad they have someone like you in their lives who cares so much about them. I'll be praying for ya'll!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page