Ah, the joys of vindictive, petty ex's.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2006, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dont you just love it? Doesnt it make you all warm and fuzzy inside when people do things just to be spiteful?

I do. It just reinforces what I already know - my ex needs some serious therapy.

Sigh.

I dont feel like posting the whole drama right now, but if you have something to get out, feel free to do it here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2006, 09:26 PM

I hear ya! I don't understand My ex's logic. It seems awefully WARPED!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:17 PM

Oh, me, me, I got one.
I chose to give up 70 quid of my CSA per month because he was seriously financially overcommitted and his wife is heavily pregnant. Many good reasons. The next morning, I receive a letter from the former landlords, threatening legal action if I don't pay his share of the backrent (from when we were married) that he owes.
FWIW, we split all debts when we split, 50/50 down the middle, and all the creditors accepted this. My share (6500) is paid, but technically, because we were jointly and severally responsible... a nightmare.
Oh, and he's late on his voluntary child support payments too.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Helen, thats niiiiiice. Sorry you have to deal with that.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 PM

and yet Hellen, you chose to help him. You are a better person than I am.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 AM

Erm, nope. With all the fuss with my ailing FIL, I haven't had time to ring CSA yet and withdraw the claim.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 PM

Hellen, then I think you know what I would do.....

Screw 'im. You need the extr money now to pay his part of the judgemnet.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:53 AM

I just see it as a reminder of why he is my ex in the first place.

we have two ex's (mine and my husbands) to deal with.... and i am pretty sure they have a calendar that shows whose turn it is to be the one causing problems!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 AM

Oooohhhh...I've got one...last Friday, my ex...KNOWING it was my weekend, KNOWING my ds had a friend coming to stay the weekend from out of town, and I am sure KNOWING that I would be terrified....showed up at the school and picked up ds...I showed up and couldn't find ds on the playground, the office, the afterschool programs...and his teacher hadn't seen who picked him up...after about 15 minutes (seemed like 15 years) I am totally freaking out, and another mom says, are you Ed's mom? I am like, yep, she says (using a very poor choice of words: )Oh, his dad came and snatched him up a little while ago...I, of course, crumbled (it is one of my greatest fears that his dad will take him away forever: )the school office lady called him...and reminded him that it wasn't he weekend...he was like, Oh, you're right, I'll bring him back....I had to leave and get a water (bcuz if I saw ex I was afraid I would freak out)....ex calls me and says, it is MY weekend, *I* can be flexible with *you*, I am consistant about parenting plan...blah blah blah....I just had to keep my mouth shut for fear of losing it in front of ds....

This flexible guy also:: calls my minimal child support *monthly extorsion check*, won't let ds go to birthday parties on *his* weekends bcuz "birthdays aren't important", just two weeks ago sent me an email and called me a c-word and asked how I can live with so much hate (????: wth???), and has repeately told me "what happens on *your* days is not *my* problem, allows ds to watch cartoons from 'adult swim'~I could be here all night writing this...sigh...

On a positive note, I am blessed with two wonderful children and a guy who is a really awesome dad to both (even tho ds isn't his biokid)...I just had to add something positive after all that horrid sad stuff!

True Love is here....to stay!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
we have two ex's (mine and my husbands) to deal with.... and i am pretty sure they have a calendar that shows whose turn it is to be the one causing problems!!!
OMG do I know what you're talking about!

Anytime one ex was being abnormally nice we'd joke about how bad the other will be. It seemed to be on a strange sort of wavelength. Its like they were generally equally evil, but when one started to move towards decent, the other moved towards satanic. Like a weird mood scale or something.

That being said, dh ex has really straightened out. She's been awesome! We all get along great now (knock on wood) and it really shows with the kids.

My ex, OTOH, has taken a turn for the worse. Wait! There goes that mood scale again! I never even realized that before!

Momma of monkeys, my ex used to write "evil ex wife payment" on the memo part of his cheques.: And give them to my ds to give to me. (who could read)
Old 09-26-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
Momma of monkeys, my ex used to write "evil ex wife payment" on the memo part of his cheques.: And give them to my ds to give to me. (who could read)
Shenjall That is beyond childish!!

I'm thanking my lucky stars that my ex has dropped off the planet and DP's ex is actually really nice to me so far.

You ladies have more class than I would have in your situation
MoM - I would have seriously lost my cool in your stuation at the school.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

It never ceases to amaze me how people can behave without any thought to how it might be affecting their children.
I guess I am really lucky that my dh's ex is so caught up in her own crap that she cannot be bothered to trouble us.
Of course, that may change when we petition for me to adopt the boy...

User Tag List