bringing new partner into the family.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-13-2006, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello,,,i'm really wanting to find some insights, support on a partner coming into your lives,,,its been dd and I for her first 4+ years and now there is a very special man in our lives and I'm feeling like I need support and guidance on this new territory.

DP is new in our lives and became a big part of our lives very quickly. I dont know where to look for positive insightful resources to help all of us with this transition...of course I came to MDC first,,,I just thought to come to this sub forum and felt relieved that I might find some understanding!

blessings~

dust.gif
#2 of 3 Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 AM

You know, Trust your judgement...

When I was first divorced, I swore the children would never see a man.(and that I would never remarry) Then I had my second first date with my now husband. (our first first date was when we were 14)

Within a month we were living together with different addresses.: Within six months we were married. : I saw no one for over a year, focused on the kids and myself. It felt right, we ran a break neck speed, and four years later, we love each other more. The children and I were craving the "family" that we were not. Does that make any sense???? I LOVED being a single mama, I have great children, they loved having me to themselves. Just yesterday, my oldest said the best thing I have ever done was marry Kippy. (his name is kip)

Trust your heart AND your head. It will all work out.
#3 of 3 Old 10-18-2006, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

thx for your reply boobybunny,,,,you are right, it does have a way of working itself out...it felt pretty overwhelming right at first with him coming back into our lives and now after some days have passed we are working it out together,,,each day I see him make progress in the way he is with dd and its really sweet,,,like watching him blossom as a father,,,he really loves her,,,i've never shared parenting like this,,,its a really nice thing,,,quite a learning and growing experience so come from the opposite relationship w/dd's father.

blessings~

dust.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page