What do you do about visitation when DSC is sick? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to post a quick note about the term "visitation". I didn't mean to offend anyone. That is what 2 people do when they divorce, the work out a visitation schedule. I didn't mean to make it sound like my DSS is less important or anything like that. He lives with his mom and "visits" us. That's not the way we want it, but that's how it is. The "visitation" agreement was made between DH and DSS's mom 13 years ago and hasn't changed. DSS's mom won't agree on paper to increased "time" because it would decrease her child support. My DH is a great dad and very involved in his sons life. He would really like to see him more than every other weekend and one afternoon per week and he doesn't see that time as a lunch date or anything like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL'smom View Post
Just wanted to post a quick note about the term "visitation". I didn't mean to offend anyone. That is what 2 people do when they divorce, the work out a visitation schedule. I didn't mean to make it sound like my DSS is less important or anything like that. He lives with his mom and "visits" us. That's not the way we want it, but that's how it is. The "visitation" agreement was made between DH and DSS's mom 13 years ago and hasn't changed. DSS's mom won't agree on paper to increased "time" because it would decrease her child support. My DH is a great dad and very involved in his sons life. He would really like to see him more than every other weekend and one afternoon per week and he doesn't see that time as a lunch date or anything like that.
I'm sorry if it sounded like it was directed at you. I can only speak for myself, but I just meant it was unfortunate terminology in general. It is the standard terminology, though, and I didn't assume you meant anything by it.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Wanted to give an update. DH and DSS spent time on DSS's birthday. DSS was symptom free for 24 hours so he visited his new sister and me at the hospital. New Baby and I are doing great!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL'smom View Post
Wanted to give an update. DH and DSS spent time on DSS's birthday. DSS was symptom free for 24 hours so he visited his new sister and me at the hospital. New Baby and I are doing great!
Congratulations!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 09:51 PM

YAY!! Congrats!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM

Happy you are both well. Congrats !!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:49 PM

Congrats! Glad it all worked out!

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 AM

the ONLY illness that changes our visitation (50/50 shared) with DSD is STREP..

if a note comes home that she was exposed to strep during the time she was away from us with her mom then we usually try to switch a day or two bc she is a strep carrier naturally...

dd had scarlet fever 3 times last year bc of the exposure from her sister. worse and worse each time she got it.

this year...not once...there have been 4 notes sent home.

dsd was pretty sick last year on her birthday and dh went to see her for a bit and then came home....she just preferred to be with her mom when she's super sick.

they are pretty good about switching days....

User Tag List