dd behaves with us individually but not together - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dp and i have been together 2 years...he and dd have bonded and love eachother so much. her dad is not around.

last week dp was gone on work, dd and i had a lovely week, she was 98% co operative and kind.

dp comes home and our dynamic shifts and she acts resentful of me...I have to help enforce boundaries w/her and dp b cause she wants his attention so bad she gets pushy and invades his space.

dp took her out yesterday and they had a wonderful time then when they came home she was uncooperative and rude.

How do we get the harmony when it is all three of us?

I dont understand this, its hard being in this situation to see whats going on, I want to get in dd's head and understand whats going on.

blessings~~

p.s dd wishes her bio dad was around I know she has saddness about this and it is a part of whats going on.

dust.gif
#2 of 3 Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM

: I will be watching this thread and taking notes. I have a similar situation except that ds's dad is not around and he has no memory of him. I expected in the beginning for there to be some adjustment, it has always only been ds & I, dp is the first partner I have been with since ds was born so the first ds has seen me with. The dynamics when the three of us are together are so different than when its just dp & ds or ds & I. It seems much like your situation though we have not been together quite as long as you have. Ds love dp, they get along great, we all have fun together but ds just seem much less patient, much more easily upset. I am very curious to hear what mommas with experience have to say.
#3 of 3 Old 06-17-2008, 07:41 PM

It sounds like she really craves the attention she gets one on one, but when the two of you are together, maybe the attention isn't ALL focused on her and she gets resentful. I have the same problem with my kids - step and biological.

How old is she? Have you talked to her about it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page