My Mother's getting married, uninvited my little girl, what should I do? (Very long, but please read and give me any advice you can!) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to agree with previous posters that you not have this discussion with DSD in the room. It's terribly unfair to little children to place them in the middle of conflicts that they had no hand in creating. I'm firmly of the belief that all parents - bio, step, custodial, non-custodia, etc - should always make an effort to talk about one another neutrally in front of the children. To burden small children with grown-up matters simply isn't right.

That said, I would go to the wedding, too.

Good luck to you and regardless of what happens with DSD, I truly hope you are able to enjoy and cherish the time you have with your family at your mom's wedding.

+ = (4/97) & (1/99) & (8/99) & (2/01), with , the prettiest pup this side of the Mississippi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Okay, it's been resolved. I'm not happy about it, but I'm used to no-win situations by now. We'll pick my stepdaughter up Saturday at noon, go to the wedding and bring her back to her Mother's house Sunday morning, since we'll be getting back so late Saturday night. We lost Labor Day, first day of school, possibly Columbus Day and the day after her birthday party (birthday is Friday, party is Saturday and we're supposed to have her until that Sunday night.) The only reason we were able to keep her birthday and birthday party day is because we have people traveling from out of town and one of them (if my Grandfather's not too sick) is my Grandmother. For some demented reason, even though I'm Satan incarnate (according to my stepdaughter's Mother) and even though my family is not to be in any way considered my stepdaughter's family (according to my stepdaughter's Mother), for some very strange reason, even though my stepdaughter's Mother has never met my Grandmother and has only heard about her from my stepdaughter, she (stepdaughter's Mother) absolutely adores my Grandmother and practically considers her a saint. (Ummm... hello! That's Satan's Grandmother, you know! )

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#33 of 33 Old 08-28-2008, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been thinking about you, and I'm glad that you got it worked out. It's really just a little bit to give up in light of your grandfather's health, and I think that in the end, you might be very happy that you had to give up those other days. KWIM? If your grandfather passes away, it will be nice to have had her there with you.

I'm glad that she will get to go. It is something she'd want to do, and she is a part of your family. I'm really pleasantly surprised that bio mom agreed. She sounds like a very controlling person. You (and your family) have been acknowledged by her, even if she doesn't realize it.

Count the blessings and look on the good side of this. I'm so happy for you that your whole family will be there on such a special day.

Have a beautiful time.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page