What symptoms so far? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what symptoms, if any, you all are having so far. I have breast swelling and tenderness, a little more sensitive smell, some loss of appetite, and the worst one is achiness all in my pubic bone area. A couple of tiny round ligament pains, too, but not much.

I'm praying to the porcelain gods that I don't have as much morning sickness as with my first pregnancy!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 01:56 AM

Hmmm, at 5w2d I have the following symptoms:
~ sore nipples
~ mild heartburn and burping
~ fatigue
~ major loss of appetite
~ some bloating

So far, it's not too bad. Like EllasMama, I'm praying to each and every power that may be that I don't get the ghastly 4 months of m/s that I got with my dd.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#3 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 03:35 AM

I had some cramping a few days ago, none now. I feel really bloated. Thats it. I must not be pregnant.....
#4 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 10:19 AM

Boobiemamma - That sounds like pregnancy to me!! It's just so unfair that the first pregnancy symptoms mimic your period, isn't it??

My symptoms -

Bloating (I had to move up to my fat shorts already!)
Sore breasts (but this comes and goes)
Cramping
Round Ligament pain (Can that really happen this early? Mostly this happens at night when I turn over or during the day when I stand up too fast.)
TIRED!!!!! (I usually stay up until 12 or 1 am and I've been in bed by 8:30 for a week!!)
Gagging at certain smells (tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, garlic - and I LOVE garlic!)

Jennifer
#5 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 02:47 PM

my symptoms at 4 wk 2 days

sore breasts
increased appetite (why can't i be less hungry like you all???) :LOL
some cramping last night (this always scares me even though i know it is normal)
and that "heavy in my uterus, is something pulling or stretching or is it in my head because i know i am pregnant" feeling
and of course the bloating

eta: i'm exhausted!
#6 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so relieved to hear about other people cramping. I had some last night and was really worried. I also need a chiropractic adjustment already - just like last pregnancy I've developed sciatic pain, and that's tying in with the cramps.

I am so exhausted!

Carol
#7 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllasMama
I'm so relieved to hear about other people cramping. I had some last night and was really worried. I also need a chiropractic adjustment already - just like last pregnancy I've developed sciatic pain, and that's tying in with the cramps.

I am so exhausted!

Carol

i know what you mean! i always like it when other people have the same symptoms - makes me feel normal and like everything is okay! i had sciatic problems early on with my first, too - and it continued throughout most of my pregnancy, although the chiropractor was a life saver!! i just remember being so surprised that i was having back problems when i was only like 6 weeks pg. how tall are you?? i am only 5 ft and always thought maybe that had something to do with it...
#8 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 PM

Cramping and exhaustion. But being tired could be because I have a toddler too. LOL

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#9 of 24 Old 06-02-2005, 10:44 PM

I had cramps starting at 4 dpo, that continued till 10 days. The 10th day was pretty bad, lots of cramps, then it was less on 11dpo, and I am now 14 dpo and not cramping. Makes me feel so much better.
#10 of 24 Old 06-03-2005, 12:36 AM

Sensitive to smells
Nausea
Some cramping, bloating
Some pain while nurse
#11 of 24 Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Tia, I am 5'3". My pregnancy sciatica relates to a recurring back problem that I have, but only when pregnant does it cause sciatic pain, other times it just causes back ache until I can get adjusted. I started exercising regularly in January and have only needed 1 adjustment since then, so I am bummed that I already need to go. But oh well, I don't want to wait till it gets to the point where I wake up in bed and can't move my leg like last time!

Carol
#12 of 24 Old 06-03-2005, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2gracie

i know what you mean! i always like it when other people have the same symptoms - makes me feel normal and like everything is okay! i had sciatic problems early on with my first, too - and it continued throughout most of my pregnancy, although the chiropractor was a life saver!! i just remember being so surprised that i was having back problems when i was only like 6 weeks pg. how tall are you?? i am only 5 ft and always thought maybe that had something to do with it...

I'm 5'3" and until my uterus pops out of my pelvis I have horrible sciatic pain. When I was pg with #2 I remember being about 6-7 weeks and at the grocery store with #1, I was checking out when all of a sudden I couldn't move my left leg at all. I sort of wabbled out of the store using the cart to move me out :LOL . I haven't had it too bad yet with this pg but I have had hints of it so I know it will happen soon.

Micky
#13 of 24 Old 06-05-2005, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm. This morning I felt fairly nauseous. I slept later than usual and have have terrible postnasal drip, so both those factors probably contributed. It was totally manageable, but I don't like the feeling that it might get worse.

I'm also not into sweets at all right at the moment (even chocolate doesn't sound good which is just crazy!). I crave savory things instead, especially cheese and crackers.

Carol
#14 of 24 Old 06-05-2005, 10:27 PM

DS 6 DD 8
#15 of 24 Old 06-06-2005, 08:15 PM

I'm 5w 2d and my symptoms so far:

dropped 5 lbs suddenly
some queasiness (1st pg I was sick for one week, 2nd pg I was sick the whole first trimester...hoping this one is not that bad!!)
very tender and slightly swollen breasts
achy abdomen
bloating
FATIGUE!
need to pee more often than usual
really thirsty a lot of the time
#16 of 24 Old 06-08-2005, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

My moods are really swinging (even more erratic than usual, LOL!). The other day I got so mad I threw a book at my DH - and was mad at myself that I missed! Today I've felt on the verge of sobbing the whole day. My DH has decided not to shave for several days in a row so I keep glaring at him.

I also need a daily nap, have been soooo hungry and thirsty, and have eaten beef at one meal for the last 3 days (usually only have it a couple times a month but have been craving it). My breasts are also a lot larger! Unfortunately, so is my gut, despite the fact that the baby is still down behind my pubic bone. :LOL

Carol
#17 of 24 Old 06-08-2005, 01:43 AM

I agree about the thirst. I drank 300% more water today than normal (which isn't usually much
And yes, MEAT! I've had a HUGE burger, and I've been wanting smoked sausage all week. Were having it for dinner tomorrow!
If I don't get a nap or if DS takes a later nap, I get very cranky!
#18 of 24 Old 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM

I wanted a hamburger. I'm a vegatarian. The only time I've ever wanted a hamburger in my life was during my first pregnancy
#19 of 24 Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 AM

How funny--I'm about 5 wks and I made burgers last night. I haven't made them in years! Ground beef completely grosses me out, but yesterday, oooh!
Only other symptom was crampiness, which has gone away.
#20 of 24 Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 PM

I a little over 5 weeks, and I am SO TIRED! Of course I do have a 3 year old so I'm sure that's part of my fatigue problem. :LOL I also have extremely sore and enlarged breasts, small bouts of nausea, I'm craving red meat, VERY bloated, and thirsty all the time.
#21 of 24 Old 06-09-2005, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Only 4w2d but bloating, light achy/stretchy feeling, thirst and hunger. That "I just ate a big meal but could eat another one!" kind of hunger. Annoying! (but better than the hunger AND nausea at the same time kind of hunger) Breast soreness & swelling. DS elbowed me while nursing and I just screamed OWWWWWW!

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 5 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014, ectopic loss @ 6 weeks 11/2014
#22 of 24 Old 06-09-2005, 03:28 PM

I am STARVING coupled with feeling on the verge of nausea all the time. I can't understand how my body could possibly need so much food. I feel like I never have more than an hour to just relax before I feel ravenous again. It's weird, too, because it feels like stuffing my face is the only thing that makes the nausea recede, yet almost nothing is appetizing to me. So far, the only two things I've found that seem to work are yogurt and oatmeal. Can a pregnant woman live on only yogurt and oatmeal?

Other symptoms (that don't bother me nearly as much):
- swollen and slightly sore breasts
- stomach activity, including cramps
- a little extra thirst
- a slightly increased need to pee
- general lack of energy (but not actual fatigue)
#23 of 24 Old 06-10-2005, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiandaca
Can a pregnant woman live on only yogurt and oatmeal?
From my experience in my first pregnancy, you can survive for at least 2 months while keeping very, very little food down except sharp cheddar and crackers, the occasional plain McDonalds kiddie cheeseburger, and a scoop of mashed potatoes here and there. It's far from optimal, but as long as you're keeping something down each day that has protein in it, you can get by for a little while...and eventually you DO get your appetite back and can gain ample weight and have a normal-sized baby.

Carol
#24 of 24 Old 06-10-2005, 02:06 AM

Well, I made some vegetable soup this evening and got that down without a problem. Perhaps I'm expanding my diet! Nonetheless, it's good to know I can still have a healthy baby even if I have very limited food options. Thanks, Carol!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page