Silly Question.... but I'm confused.. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all...

: I'm hoping that you can help me out here... I've calculated my due date to be Feb 19th and have run two pregnancy calendars on two different internet sites that break it down into weeks and they came up with two different breakdowns... one has me at 5 weeks completed and in the 6th week and the other has me at 6 weeks... anyone have a take on this?

I've scheduled my intake interviews with two different midwives but won't be able to speak to them until next week and I'd really like to know before then...

Thanks in advance for your input...
#2 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM

Um, my advice would be to assume you are less pregnant and try not to get too hung up on a due date. My first was 10 days late and I had been so sure it wouldbe early that it made the extra wait especially hard. I know there are many other mamas who have done the same thing.

Good luck though, it's harder said than done!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#3 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady
Um, my advice would be to assume you are less pregnant and try not to get too hung up on a due date. My first was 10 days late and I had been so sure it wouldbe early that it made the extra wait especially hard. I know there are many other mamas who have done the same thing.

Good luck though, it's harder said than done!
Ditto. (only mine was 11 days late). i would assume the latest due date possible and go with it. heck, mine came up Feb 7th and i'm telling everyone "middle of Feb" or "around Valentine's Day".
#4 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 05:27 PM

I've got to agree with what's already been said. Both of my children have been late. (the first was 8 days, the second was 3 days)
This time through I'm totally prepared for a March baby.

some of the counters are odd how they count you "in the sixth week" vs six weeks pg (which to me implies six weeks and x number of days)
Do you have any idea when conception actually occurred? Could you count from there and ignore the counters?
#5 of 6 Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 AM

mama2gracie - I'm even less specific. I say "sometime in Feb..." (all right, it's technically the 10th). DS was 10 days late by U/S EDD; 17 days late by LMP EDD. I noticed your sig, are you a Bradley teacher? =)
#6 of 6 Old 06-24-2005, 01:00 PM

Everyone here has given good advice so far. Both of my girls were early. The first was at 37 weeks and the second was 1 day before I turned 39 weeks. No matter what you play the waiting game and it's much easier if you don't have a specific due date in mind. If you tell others (family members and close friends) a specific due date they usually make comments that are not always welcome at the end of pregnancy. It is nice to read the weekly info on the baby's growth from many of those pregnancy websites but they do all vary greatly in size of baby info and each mama grows a baby differently.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page