Anyone else just antsy to get out of the first trimester? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For me, it's part fear of another m/c plus feeling cruddy that makes me just want to fast forward to the 2nd trimester. I'm tired of being so tired and fighting nausea at every turn. I just want to feel normal again, is that too much to ask? :LOL I'll be 9 weeks on Tuesday so just 4 more weeks to endure but right now it seems like a lifetime away.

Thanks for listening to me

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#2 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 01:56 AM

I know what you mean! The exaustion (sp? I am too tired to look it up) has really hit me the past few days, and that together with my migraines has me looking forward to getting out of the 1st trimester. I havent really been sick, so thats a good thing, but being tired, when you chase a 3 year old around all day, isnt fun.
#3 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 08:46 AM

I've been thinking for the past 3 weeks how nice it would be to go to sleep, fast forward, and wake up in the second trimester - just skip over the next few weeks! I am SO sick all the time that it's just miserable. I do enjoy being pg, once I get over the sickness/bloating/extreme fatigue that I've had in the first weeks this pg and my last pg (the first one was great - one single week of feeling bad and the rest was so wonderful!).

This, too, shall pass....this, too, shall pass...this, too, shall pass....
#4 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 08:58 AM

I cannot wait!!! I'll be nine weeks this week too and I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.
#5 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 11:02 AM

When I was pregnant with my first, I had no fear of m/c at all. I just knew it wouldn't happen. With this one, I realize it's possible. I feel more vulnerable. I think it's because with DS1, we didn't wait long between TTC and getting pregnant (the first month we got the timing right, it worked); this one took a full year of waiting. It feels more delicate. So yes, I would love to be beyond that 12 week mark!
#6 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 11:12 AM

I can relate. We are 6w2d and I anxious to get past that 12 week mark... it just seems so far away. 6 weeks was a personal milestone for me and dh as we had an early mc at about 6 weeks this past April so we've been on pins and needles this whole time. Secretly I still will be until that 12 week mark has passed us by safely.
#7 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 12:54 PM

Completely!
I'm not so worried about m/c, each day I think about it less but I can't wait to get through the queasy tired part! I want those happy hormones to kick in!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#8 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My next milestone is 8 weeks, which is when I started spotting with m/c #1. Then 12 weeks, which is about when I lost that one. I'd really like to fast forward to 16 weeks which is when I can have an u/s to check the heart. I think once I know the heart is OK I can relax a bit.

The progesterone supps are making me soooo dizzy I can hardly walk, so I am anxious to get to 10 weeks which is when I can stop them.

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014.
#9 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 PM

I can't wait to be out of the first trimester! I am so tired of feeling exhausted and sick all the time. I can not wait until I can actually eat again without worrying if it's going to come back up!

I've had two miscarriages, so getting past the first trimester will do a lot to help ease my mind.
#10 of 12 Old 06-27-2005, 11:43 PM

Yeah! With my first pregnancy, I didn't enjoy being sick but I felt part of a mysterious club and told myself to savor each moment since pregnancy was such a short and magical time. This time, I would really just like to skip to the non-puking, not exhausted part so I can maybe concentrate on some of the magic instead of crying over what I'm going to eat for my next meal.

I feel better the last couple days - as in, I can be upright for more than 30 minutes and only gag/throw up a couple times per day - but it's still a far cry from feeling anywhere near "good" like I hope I'll feel by 12-14 weeks or so.

Carol
#11 of 12 Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 AM

Me toooooooo! I am so sick of being sick. I hate food and don't even want to think about it. But I have to eat constantly or I will get sick! To top it all off, tomorrow is my stupid birthday and I don't want to do anything or see anyone or eat anything. I wish I could put it off until August when I feel good.

How long does this last, I forget? Is it hit the 12 week mark and home free? : I am so confused about the how pregnant am I question. If I am due 2/6 does that make me 8 weeks? How does that work? Anyway, I will join you all in a dance of joy when I hit the 2nd trimester.
#12 of 12 Old 06-28-2005, 04:37 AM

Me too.

I feel pretty awful most of the time, but a few times a day, I remind myself to be thankful I am pregant and feeling awful! LOL This helps me get through it!
BUt yes, I am looking forward to feeling normal and getting some energy back.
I am not real worried about m/c, I have had one, very early, I realize there is always a risk, but try not to dwell on it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page