How in the world can I already be this BIG? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a question for all you mamas int his Feb. circle of mommy hood. Is anyone showing? I mean I was all belly with my daughter, and bigger with my last, and now, OMG I look like I am 6 months pregnant. My midwife even said, wow! Renee maybe you are further than what we think, so they immediatly did an ultrasound, also throwing the idea up about twins, here no twins, and I am due late Feb., the 21 st to be exact.

I am getting maternity clothes, as I am not fitting in anything else. How can this precious little baby be the size of a bean pod, and my stomach looks like a huge ballon already? I am 5'4, and weigh 140 lbs. Yikes, my sister in law is 6 months pregnant, and she doesn't even come close to my round ball belly. No rolls, just round preggo belly. I think I might just have to take a picture to amuze all of you!

Renee
#2 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well here is the picture of my BIG belly!

Belly Pic

#3 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 01:03 PM

I couldn't view your pic! My belly is popping out more this time than it did with dd. I remember being 9 weeks along when I first started getting a pooch. I'm only 5-6 weeks, and all my pants are already too tight. I feel silly wearing maternity clothes this early, but I'm going to have to soon! :LOL
#4 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well looks like were on the same boat then. I will have to get maternity clothes. When I had my last baby in 2004, by the time I was 7 months I could no longer wear maternity pants, as the elastic would not stretch enough, I think at one point I got desperete, so I cut slits on the sides, Lol!

You can see the pic, if you click on my family pics on my signature line.

Good Luck mama& Congrats to you and your family!

Renee
#5 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Those are great pics. You have a beautiful family. Your belly doesn't seem like a 6 mo. belly to me. Just wait, when you see my belly at 6 months you'll change your mind. My midwife said the other day that after the 2nd baby your body says "Awe what the heck" and just streches much quicker. I went through some bloating but things seem to be back to normal for now. I generaly show pretty early in pregnancy by 8 to 10 weeks. I am 7 weeks today. so I am sure I will soon be in the same boat.

Welcome to our Feb '06 Due date club.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#6 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 03:00 PM

Ok, now I see the pics! What a beautiful family you have! Your belly is adorable, and you definitely look pregnant. I think I only look pregnant to myself right now. To everyone else, it just looks like my pants are tight because I've been eating too much. Ugh. I'm really uncomfortable today. I wish I could've worn my comfy yoga pants to work today! :LOL
#7 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlcampbellkidz
Your belly doesn't seem like a 6 mo. belly to me. Just wait, when you see my belly at 6 months you'll change your mind.

Hmmmm...wasn't sure if you thought I was 6 months pregnant, but I am only 6 weeks pregnant. LOL!
#8 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 03:26 PM

I am 8 weeks, and I dont look visibly pregnant, but I am definitely poking out. I realized last night I am plumper. LOL
Most of my shorts and underware are too tight.
#9 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 05:10 PM

I know you'll all think I'm crazy, but last pregnancy, I had a hard time convincing people I was pregnant - even at 8 months! DD was transverse and hugging my spine the whole time.

I would love to have an "out there" belly this time! : But I'm not even snug in my clothes yet. We just found out we're pregnant, and boy, we are surprised!
#10 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 05:22 PM

I am due first of March, so I am 5 weeks and some-odd, but I definitely have a belly. I am just about your size, about 5'5", 135-140, with a little lower-tummy curve to start with, but my regular pants do not fit (they can be fastened but it's uncomfortable and unflattering ) so I am wearing elastic-waist pants and regular looser-fitting shirts. I did NOT show with Devlin anywhere near this early, it was probably at least 12 weeks before I was this big. I was 25 pounds heavier then, maybe I am showing faster because I am smaller overall? Not THAT much smaller though, KWIM?

Anyway, I Wanted to say that your belly is adorable, at least it's all smooth and there's no dip in the middle. MY belly button has not caught up with the rest of my belly so it's not quite the graceful curve I Would like IYKWIM...
#11 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 08:39 PM

What a cute belly!
With my dd, I didn't show until almost 7 months. I hope I show sooner this time but I think any belly growth at this point (9.5 wks) is negated by the 18 lbs I've lost so far. I lost 35lbs initially when pg with my dd so maybe that's why I showed so late. I'm also tall with a long waist. I'm hoping to show by 16 weeks.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#12 of 33 Old 06-30-2005, 09:07 PM

I didn't start out with a flat belly by any means, but I am definitely showing now at 8 1/2 weeks and almost fully into maternity clothes because my regular (elastic waist, even!) pants are getting too tight. I carry really low, so it's not the waist, but right across the lower belly where things are tight. With my first pg I really wasn't showing much until maybe 12 weeks or so, but the second time I got pretty big really fast, and seems even faster this time. I took my first belly pic the other day and I wish I could post it to show you but I haven't figured that out yet : ...
#13 of 33 Old 07-01-2005, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Awwww.. I can't wait to see other mamas belly pics. I think it is so neat how one mom, will not even show, and be 8 months pregnant, than you got me who shows very early. With both pregnancies I went up to 165 lbs at my last month. So wondering how much this time. I am so sick, and nauseaus this time, just like my first, who was a girl.

One thing I can keep down is anything lemon. Lemon water ice is my favorite right now. Another thing that really I think is neat is how some mamas get strong cravings, and other don't get cravings at all.

I look at my belly and only have to look at it in a positive way. I just will be in panel pants starting next week or so. Lol!
#14 of 33 Old 07-01-2005, 11:20 AM

I'm showing too and I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I tend to be thin (5'7 and 108) so it shows up more on me - plus having the 6th my uterus just relaxes immediately! I don't know how to post a pic, but if I figure it out I will!
#15 of 33 Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM

Well this is me 2 weeks ago at 5 weeks pregnant!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/heaven...18.jpg&.src=ph
I am now 7 weeks and have been full time in maternity clothes for 2 weeks. This is my third child and I had an early ultrasound on Tuesday and there is only one baby. I am already having strangers asking when my due date is! Oh and I haven't gained any weight. I am still exactly the same weight I was when I started.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#16 of 33 Old 07-01-2005, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5xmom
I'm showing too and I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I tend to be thin (5'7 and 108) so it shows up more on me - plus having the 6th my uterus just relaxes immediately! I don't know how to post a pic, but if I figure it out I will!
Congratulations on your sixth blessing! I've heard that after the 3rd/4th it gets easier. Mainly because your older children can help out more and you're more relaxed. Has that been the case for you?

p.s. you're going to have to change your name!

Blessed Mama to 4 and expecting one more!
#17 of 33 Old 07-01-2005, 05:06 PM

I think your body just knows what's up and does it more quickly after the first baby's paved the way. I can imagine my intestines saying, "hmm, time to pick up camp and migrate North." I am 9 weeks -- I don't think my weight has changed at all, either, but my old clothes are totally out of the question, except my baggy, drawstring-waist exercise pants. Yesterday I got tired of my two pairs of exercise pants and one sundress that fits, so I broke out some maternity clothes for the first time. I felt a little silly only being 2 months along out of 9, and they were quite baggy, but at least it was something different!

Carol
#18 of 33 Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Well, I broke down and am wearing a pair of maternity jean capris today. They are not the full tummy panel kind, and I'm just wearing a regular t-shirt, so you can't even tell they're matenity pants. Sooooo much more comfy than my regular pants though! I need to get some more of these. I just bought them last week. All of my other maternity clothes are from over 4 years ago, and I remember them not being terribly comfortable.
#19 of 33 Old 07-17-2005, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Heavenly]Well this is me 2 weeks ago at 5 weeks pregnant!!

Whoaaaa Shawna, nice to see another mama looking like me. Everyone is just in awww, and just can't believe there is only one baby in my belly. I am already starting to get uncomfortable, Yikes! Not good as I have 7 more months to go.

Good luck mama, and congrats on your baby!

Hugs,
Renee
#20 of 33 Old 07-17-2005, 05:15 PM

You look great!! It could be my belly in the photo. I was a little pudgy to start with but not its getting round and firm. I have been wearing the under belly mat shorts cause they don't put pressure on my tummy. I hate that right now.
#21 of 33 Old 07-17-2005, 05:33 PM

I love the big pregnant bellies!! I know that some days I look/feel bigger than others. Did you just catch yourself on a "big" day?

I definately have a belly now. If I wear the right clothes, I get people asking me if I'm pregnant. I have one pair of shorts that fits me because of the elastic waist. I've started wearing maternity shorts on my "big" days. I've not gained any weight yet. I'm 11.5 weeks!! Almost out of the first trimester!!
#22 of 33 Old 07-18-2005, 10:50 AM

I'm so glad I saw this post! I am at about 8 weeks and although I'm still in regular clothes, they are tight. I have some baggy draw string shorts I wear around the house, but wouldn't want to wear them in public. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that is already looking towards her maternity clothes!
#23 of 33 Old 07-18-2005, 09:13 PM

I am 8 weeks too and haven't been able to wear regular shorts since the beginning.Your belly pics could be mine.We are driving my niece back to CA tomorrow and we haven't told the family yet but they'll be able to guess when I get out of the car since last month I wasn't this big, and I've been losing wieght due to M/S.I was wearing maternity pants at this stage last year too.I guess it is a case of the intestines saying we'll have to set up camp up North.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#24 of 33 Old 07-19-2005, 02:10 AM

Well, that looks a lot like my belly. It was just getting nice and flat too. I don't mind a belly at all, but not being able to wear my clothes is a drag. I just finally got some clothes that fit right and now I am in lounge pants and dh's old pants with a belt. Ugh. MIL said she is gonna take me and ds shopping when we go to SC next week so praise the lawd for that!
#25 of 33 Old 07-19-2005, 06:44 PM

You can see two of my belly pics in my signiture. For those of you mammas who want a way to post pictures. Webshots.com is Free. I am not affiliated with them so I think I can post that. Anyway just go to the site and sign up then post the link to your sigi or copy and paste to a post. Hope this helps some of you mammas. Shutterfly is free too, but I like webshots much better and ordering prints is much cheaper too.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#26 of 33 Old 07-20-2005, 12:45 PM

i'm 8 weeks now and also am starting to show. for my first ds i didn't start wearing maternity pants until nearly 6 mo! at first i thought maybe it was because i've been eating to keep morning sickness down but i think it's baby. crazy, isn't it!
#27 of 33 Old 07-28-2005, 04:01 AM

Same thing going on here - with DS I could fit in most of my pants til somewhere around 5-6 months, and this time I've already packed away half my pants b/c they don't fit. Only the ones that were too loose before fit now, and I will be getting out my maternity clothes in the next few weeks.

Funny how much faster it's growing this time, even tho my weight gain is about the same so far.
#28 of 33 Old 07-28-2005, 09:21 AM

Yup- got out the maternity clothes last night. It seems that I'm not gaining wight in the same places as before. :LOL but things still fit. I'm definitely starting to look prego. Of course when I say that I'm due in Feb, I get the . Then they really give me the "up and down" :LOL
#29 of 33 Old 07-30-2005, 05:57 AM

You know, the looking big early I can live with, but I'm really bummed about the FEELING big already. My belly is in the way for sleeping, rolling over, etc., I have to have a pillow between my legs to sleep, it's harder to hoist myself up, my back hurts, and so on. Knowing that it's only going to get harder and there are still 6 full months to go is a little daunting. In my first pregnancy at this point I was still wearing my cute little size 8 shorts and marvelling at the tiny little pudge I had. Oh how the times change....

Carol
#30 of 33 Old 07-31-2005, 01:41 PM

The incredible gasiness I had early on is gone now and my stomach actually seems smaller now. My pudge is in a more correct spot now rather than up above my belly button. Anyone else?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page