heartburn when I bend over.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-12-2005, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
urgh.... not a problem I've had this early in my other pgs but EVERYTIME I bend over (to pick up a toy off the floor, to help my son with his shoes etc etc) I'm getting heart burn.

URGH. I don't usually suffer from hb except when I'm pregnant and usually its later, when the baby is bigger.

I really hope this passes....
anyone else having trouble with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-12-2005, 03:30 PM

I've had bad heartburn with each of my 3 pregnancies. It sucks!
It can come at anytime...
#3 of 8 Old 10-12-2005, 05:28 PM

Yep, I've been having heartburn already. I remember it didn't start w/dd (the heartburn while bending over thing) until I was like 7.5 mos pg (I remember because I had to stop harvesting salad greens at the end of June which is our peak salad season :LOL ), but with this pregnancy I've had it for weeks already. I think I have too much relaxin in my body right now, and that flap at the top of the stomach is one of the things affected by it.
#4 of 8 Old 10-12-2005, 06:46 PM

yes, me too. It's awful. I'm trying to be really really careful now with what I eat, to try to avoid it (if it is brought on by food...). The other day, it was so bad that I threw up stomach acid. That was so painful. Our midwife had dh go to her office to pick up liquid calcium magnesium... I took 2T. of that which really helped the burning, but it made me feel sooooo nauseated, like it was curdling or something with the acid. yuck. I'm trying to eat smaller meals, more frequently, and no citrus/spicy foods/carbonation... not much sugar... I don't really know which of those things are the culprits, but maybe if I keep my diet as simple as possible it won't get that bad again. I can't wait for February.........
#5 of 8 Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 AM

I have the same problem & it is really bad when I bend over. I guess my stomach is forcing me to squat instead...I've started taking papaya enzymes with my meals (which are smaller) and it seems to help keep the heartburn down. HTH.
#6 of 8 Old 10-18-2005, 11:41 PM

When I get it , it is at bed time when I am trying to sleep
#7 of 8 Old 10-19-2005, 12:16 AM

I thought I had experienced heartburn before (just a few times with my last pg and with this one so far), but turns out what I had felt before was very mild...one night last week I was suddenly awakened by a surge of fire in my esophagus, and knew right away THAT is what heartburn really feels like!! I literally felt it just burst up out of my stomach...must have turned just so, or maybe had a bubble that pushed it up in my sleep or something. Happened twice that night. Now I'm careful not to go to bed soon after eating or drinking anything other than water, to give it more time to get out of my stomach before I lay down...
#8 of 8 Old 10-19-2005, 12:36 AM

Oh man, am I the Heartburn Queen! With my son (now 2) I got it around 4 months. This pregnancy, I got it by like 6 weeks. My OB put me on Zantac 75 2X/day. Just 2 weeks ago, I got a prescription for Tagament 400mg!!! I have to take those 2X/day. I have it really bad. I'm now 24 weeks, and like I said, I've had it since 6 weeks! They told me to take TUMS, but those make me SOOOOO sick! :Puke

You are not alone. I literally have to sleep in an upright position. Not comfy at all.

Hope you feel better!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page