Starting to feel REALLY pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't get me wrong, I've felt very pregnant ever since the first taste of morning sickness, but I'm feeling REALLY huge and pregnant entering the homestretch. I will be 30 weeks on Thanksgiving day. I'm starting to see time dwindling and thinking "uh-oh, better get on the stick" about all the unresolved to-do list items. I'm anxious about sorting out not only my house, but my head. There are so many things I've been wanting to do, to make time to really think about, and haven't yet! I also can't escape seemingly EVERYONE's notice, so going anywhere means questions about how I'm doing, when I'm due, etc. It just feels like the pregnancy has become so hugely "present" in the last couple weeks! And it's only going to get more so from here...Eek!

Carol
#2 of 13 Old 11-19-2005, 04:16 AM

Oh yes. I feel that way too. I am 28 weeks 5 days today and feel huge and uncomfortable already. I was planning my c-section for Feb 2nd, which is 3 days before my due date now that seems so far away but so close at the same time!! I feel ready but not too, and then I have started getting the umpteen questions too. Ug. "Oh you are so big! How long do you have left?"
Come on people lets not be rude now this is my 3rd baby! I am with ya!!
#3 of 13 Old 11-19-2005, 11:37 AM

Yep, me too! I'm 29 weeks today, and this past week I've had quite a few comments in public...yesterday a woman shouted to me across the parking lot at Walmart to ask how far along I am and did I know if I am having a boy because of the way I'm carrying (I am, but I carried my DD the same way my first pg )! I've been pretty big for a while now, but it seems all of a sudden that people (strangers) are starting to say things to me about being ready to pop.

Last night I could hardly walk - my pelvis felt like it was falling apart, and I was having lots of pulling/stretching pain in the lower ligaments under my belly - my belly felt SO heavy. It felt like the baby had gained a couple pounds in an hour or so! Then I woke up this morning and his legs were crammed up under my ribs higher than they've ever been - I got out my tape measure and from my pubic bone to the top of his "leg lump" was 34 cm!! He's moved down a little bit now since I've been up and around this morning... lol
#4 of 13 Old 11-19-2005, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

That's funny, Dana -- all the "experts" predicted a boy from how I was carrying with my DD, too! I thought she was going to be a boy, also. My midwives predicted a girl, though, and obviously they were right!

I feel like such a dope over this whole "holy cow, I'm suddenly so pregnant!" thing. Up until just 2-3 weeks ago I felt like, aw heck, there's plenty of time, loads of it. Now I'm suddenly like "Help!"

Carol
#5 of 13 Old 11-21-2005, 09:39 PM

I'm only 26 weeks and I feel HUGE all of a sudden. This is baby #4 though so I'm sure that's why I feel so big and clumsy. I'm not looking forward to another 3 months of this - I'm going to be absolutely MISERABLE by the time I deliver
#6 of 13 Old 11-21-2005, 10:22 PM

I'm feelin' it too, ladies. My first pregnancy, i'm 28 weeks and suddenly have every symptom in the book. I cant imagine how much heavier this belly is gonna get considering the babe is only 2-3 lbs so far....

Not to mention, i've gained nearly all the weight i'm "supposed" too, and my hunger has suddenly increased like crazy and i still have 3 months to go! I'm eating healthy though (for the most part, but just succumbed to sweet-n-sour chicken) and keeping as active as my aching hips will let me....i hope breast feeding takes the "nutrients" from your thighs first!

mama to : my spirited star 2/06, my sweet love 5/08, and a little lovey 5/12

#7 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Lisa, I don't know if breastfeeding takes it from the thighs first, but chasing after baby nonstop when they hit about 14 months old will definitely help! And really, breastfeeding does make weight loss much easier for most women. I gained over 40 pounds with my DD and lost it all by about 16 months postpartum. However, I don't recommend you follow *my* path and become addicted to Ben & Jerry's. It was doable for me to splurge that way a lot when breastfeeding, but my love of it didn't go away with weaning...and the pounds started piling back on once that happened!

Carol
#8 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 04:25 AM

Almost 29 weeks here and starting to feel it. I have the crotch pain, my back hurts from sewing too long, shopping trips are wearing me out, sleeping is getting more uncomfortable.
#9 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 AM

27 weeks and I have to unsnap my bra while sitting for long periods.I waddle when I have to pee which is every hour, it seems.I can't complain to my IRL friends cuz one is due any time another is due next month and another is due in Jan but might hsve her baby anytime,I just slip under the radar of attention.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#10 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 09:05 AM

I'll be 27 wks tomorrow, and people have started doing that annoying thing where they ask when I'm due, and after I tell them Feb, they get this apologetic look, and then they say one of the following, "I'm sorry" "Wow, you still have THREE Months left?" "Are you sure that is when you are due?" And these are nice people, who I generally like to chat with. :

But yeah, I feel really pregnant. My heartburn is keeping me up at night, I've started doing more puking in the morning again. Yuck. Hopefully this trimester will seem to pass quickly. grump. grump. grump.
#11 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM

yes, the bras are so tight! i've gone from a 34 A to a 36 C and just got measured at vic secret---now i'm a 38! my bra is unfastened as i write...

do nursing bras have lots of extra hooks on the back? or where can you get those extenders?

mama to : my spirited star 2/06, my sweet love 5/08, and a little lovey 5/12

#12 of 13 Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 PM

About 27 weeks here and definatly feeling super pregnant! My hips/pelvis area are so achy sore and loose that I constantly feel like my leg is just going to pop out of socket one of these times I am walking down the stairs or rolling over in bed trying in vain to get comfortable. I hate being so tired all the time! And as my tummy gets squished more and more I am having more issues with indigestion and heart burn.

This is certainly a different pg than the 1st! With Sonja my last trimester was pretty smooth sailing, not many complaints at all. Not so lucky this time! And there is still 13+ weeks to go! Funny how that is a long time when I think about being uncomfortable, but so short when I think about getting ready.

I only have one bra that I can wear comfortably, I ordered more online and they should be here soon...hopefully!
#13 of 13 Old 11-26-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn lisa
yes, the bras are so tight! i've gone from a 34 A to a 36 C and just got measured at vic secret---now i'm a 38! my bra is unfastened as i write...

do nursing bras have lots of extra hooks on the back? or where can you get those extenders?

Lisa,

Most nursing bras have 4 sets of hooks vs two or three. I think maternity stores and dept stores carry the extenders. This is my third and I'm bigger than ever (36c). I was only a b when nursing DD!

Carey

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page