I knew better... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I was pregnant with DS I told NO ONE the name we'd chosen, and got a lot of hassle about it. So this time I've been a bit better and shared my most favorite name with everyone and sure enough I have only gotten negative feedback on it.

I know, I know I should have never done that, but I did and now I'm reconsidering my name choice, my husband isn't even that nuts about it.

I always tell my family, the baby isn't name till it's on the birth certificate, I know some people can name their babies early, but for me I could hear a name I like while I'm pushing and like it better.

UGH!!
#2 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 AM

So, did you tell us the name? If so, what was it?
I don't tell our names for 2 reasons-
I don't want to hear what anyone thinks about it, and I don't want another preggo to steal it.

#3 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So, did you tell us the name?
Nope, only family for your reason #2,
#4 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 05:36 PM

I refuse to tell anyone the names we pick for very selfish reasons. I don't want to share my baby with anyone until I have to! With my first dd, I felt like keeping her name to myself and dh made dd just ours a bit longer.
#5 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 05:37 PM

I forgot to add... I feel names are such a personal thing to us, that suggesting a name to me is a sure way for me to not use it, no matter how much I like it! MIL will never figure that out. She just won't stop suggesting or trying to guess.
#6 of 6 Old 11-25-2005, 05:52 PM

Yeah, isn't it great to hear people's negative reactions? I just don't discuss it much, though my friends are all pretty positive and understanding people. My mom tends to be vocal, like last pregnancy I liked the name "Xavier" for a boy and she was like, "Oh please, whatever you do don't name the baby THAT!" Thanks, mom. :

Like last time I don't have any particular name picked out. I highlight and make lists of lots of choices I like, but I just tell myself that after the baby is born, I'll "know" what the right name is. Unfortunately it took 3 days with my DD, but we did eventually find just the right name for her. There's still a lot of time to reflect on the one you'd chosen and consider others. I'm sure you'll find just the perfect name for your little one!!

Carol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page