If you're peeing every ~hour at night... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-11-2005, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I'd share this in case it might work for anyone else who's waking up hourly. Up until about 2.5 weeks ago I was waking up every 1-1.5 hours to pee at night. A woman I know who's a midwife and mom to 4 suggested that if I wake up after only an hour or so with the urge to pee, to just roll over and ignore it and try to go back to sleep. I thought, "yeah, right" but tried it anyway. Surprisingly, the urge would go away pretty quickly after I got adjusted to a new position, and after just a couple days, I was only waking up every 3 hours or so. So now I wake up just 2 or sometimes 3 times a night - a big improvement!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-11-2005, 11:24 PM

I do the same thing. I find that when I'm on my left side I can go all night without having to get up to pee. Especially if I put a pillow under my right knee to support my leg and keep it away from pressing on my bladder depending how i have my leg positioned. maybe this is because the bladder is more to the right side and there is less pressure on it when i;m on my left.

laying on our left sides as much as possible at night is good. it helps position the baby in an ideal birthing position, takes pressure off the main artery that's on our right side and keeps pressure off the bladder.
#3 of 8 Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 AM

I wanted to share a great trick...

I was peeing every hour. My midwives told me to do 40 pelvic tilts in bed prior to lying down. These are on all 4's, cat/cow yoga style. The key is to lay straight down w/o getting up at all. So, all the pillows, kids, etc have to be arranged prior to doing the exercises. It works. I"m going 4 hours w/o peeing.
#4 of 8 Old 12-12-2005, 12:47 PM

I tried the just turning over thing and it worked! I only got up twice last night. :

Thanks for the tip!
#5 of 8 Old 12-12-2005, 11:38 PM

Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I noticed if I can get in bed an lay flat or on one of my sides (watch tv) before going to sleep it helps me to take pressure off my bladder so I can pee. Then I go to sleep with a more empty bladder. If I sit or lay elivated it doesn't work. I have to be flat.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#6 of 8 Old 12-13-2005, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the tip
#7 of 8 Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM

I find myself on my back when I wake up it is the only way to get more sleep.
#8 of 8 Old 12-16-2005, 10:58 PM

well, if I'm not getting up to pee, then I'm getting up to take care of one of the girls so either way, I'm still not getting much sleep And once I'm up with the girls, I have to pee anyway {sigh} the life of a pregnant mama

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page