Baby is breech :( - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 41 Old 01-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awesome! Hope that little one stays head down for you!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 01-12-2006, 03:22 PM

Thanks for the update! I just found out yesterday that this babe has turned breech and am going to the mw's tomorrow to p/u some pulsatilla and see if she has any recommendations for chiropractors---and I also got two names from my doula this morning. Glad to hear your treatments worked!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#33 of 41 Old 01-12-2006, 06:11 PM

Hurrah for the head down mraven!

I gave up on the Webster's after six visits, and have been trying swimming and slant board. I also sit on a ball at my desk at work, take pulsatilla, and do pelvic rocks and get in knee chest position when I can throughout the work day. Oh-and the flashlight and music at my pelvis with hips elevated. I'm trying acupuncture tomorrow, and have an ECV scheduled for Monday. I'm still not sure if I'll go through with it though, I have concerns about forcing the baby into a position she's not going to naturally. But if it saves us from a c-section it will be worth it.

Good luck to everyone.
#34 of 41 Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 PM

Congrats Michelle!!! That's awesome!! So, when is your u/s?

Charlotte just left my house and I tried to get an appointment with her right after your next appointment and it was taken - drat!! Maybe the next week? Anyway, the visit was great! The babe is definately head down and has officially dropped. The only problem is that I'm spilling a bit of protein and ketones. She just recommended I eat more protein and take dandelion root and take it easy. Easy enough. She's not worried, so I'm going to try not to too!!
#35 of 41 Old 01-12-2006, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

I was just going to PM you to see how it was going. When I was at my appointmentS asked 'who's house are we going to tonight?' I almost answered for her

I hope the increased protein and dandelion root help Awesome news about baby being 'so ready'.

I have an u/s for tomorrow. Char thinks the baby is oblique (sp?) and really wants to know what position baby is in. So there maybe a version tomorrow. I'm bringing DH just in case it starts labor or something.'

Bummer about not being right after each other. I took the 10 and the 11 was still open. I know the person coming at noon too
#36 of 41 Old 01-13-2006, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Turn vibes for you.

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

#37 of 41 Old 01-13-2006, 02:12 AM

Mraven, that is SO awesome!

((turning vibes)) for the rest of us.

I went to my ultrasound today and baby is still head up. I'm beginning to think he might have a reason to be this way. The chiro seems to feel good and not do any harm, but I've been 5 times for the Webster technique and no luck yet. She even brought in an inversion table and I did 5 minutes Tuesday and today on it.

My c-section is reserved for next Thursday, but I think I'm going to let the OB try a *very gentle* external version that morning right beforehand. She said she's never had a baby go into so much distress from it that she had to do an emergency C and put mom under general anethesia, knock on wood. I figure it's worth a try, but I told her we won't be forcing anything...

I'm kind of hoping I start labor before then because sometimes the contractions can help the baby turn. A little laboring on my own before heading the hospital is supposed to be good for the baby anyways, with the hormones that are released... Anyways, I'm rambling now.

Mommas, keep posting your updates. I'm rooting for everyone!

-Kelly
#38 of 41 Old 01-13-2006, 02:16 PM

Any news Michelle?? I sure hope you found out the babe was head down!! Will Charlotte deliver your baby breech? When the position of my babe was unknown, Charlotte kept telling me that I was a perfect candidate for a breech birth. I had an appointment with Trish today (I'm still seeing them as back up just in case I have a medical need) and my urine was fine, bp fine, and swelling down. Weird how that can change overnight!! Oh - and she also said that she doesn't think that this baby is as big as my last one (he was 10, 2). That's been one of my biggest fears this pregnancy - another big baby. He got stuck coming out and it was scary!!

Kelly - You've still got time!!! I'll be thinking of you! I know my chiro recommends getting the Webster technique done every day at this point in pregnancy if the baby is breech. Good luck!
#39 of 41 Old 01-13-2006, 08:23 PM

Jennifer, thanks. My chiro works 4 days per week so I've gone 4 times... I'm almost 39 weeks so I wonder if labor will start with the full moon this weekend. Then I'm supposed to go straight to the hospital. If so, with any luck that will cause him to turn. I guess I'd better pack my hospital bag tonight then. I've been procrastinating.
#40 of 41 Old 01-13-2006, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Kelly, I will still be wishing you heads down vibes I really hope your baby turns for you!

Back from the u/s and yes baby is head down Thank you everyone for you wonderful thoughts and support
#41 of 41 Old 01-14-2006, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraven721
Back from the u/s and yes baby is head down
Whoohoo! That's great.

Carol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page