I think I'm going to miss being pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2006, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so this pregnancy is going to come to an end one day, soon, hopefully. And I honest think I'm going to miss being pregnant. This is likely my last baby. I get jealous if I see women pregnant now, and I'm 9 months pregnant What's my problem??

SO, I'm planning on a photography (do it yourself) day to really capture my pregnancy so I have something to remember it by.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Aw, that sounds really nice. I want to get my belly henna-ed first and then have pics done, but I'm not sure where I can do it!

I really love the idea of being pregnant much more than the reality. This might be the last for us, not sure. I'm not ruling it out but this pregnancy has been really hard and I'm not sure I can do another one, but we'll see!! Nobody is going to get snipped yet in case we change our minds.

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 5 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014, ectopic loss @ 6 weeks 11/2014
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 PM

I love all the movement most of the time. It is just fun. I wish I would do pregnancy pix too probably won't get done. That would be fun to get my belly henna'ed my brother's girl friend does henna I should ask...
Old 01-09-2006, 09:56 PM

Ditto to the "love the idea more than the reality" LOL! But really, miserable as I am sometimes, I will miss it, too. This will likely be our last baby, though it seems too "final" to me to make that decision quite yet. In the spirit of it maybe being the last pregnancy, I splurged and had very gorgeous (and very $$$) pregnancy photos done, have bought lots of stuff I wanted/needed without feeling too guilty, and even got a few pieces of pretty maternity clothes (none of which fit very well anymore, hahaha!). So if this is "it" at least I'll not feel like I've missed anything I really wanted to do, except maybe making a belly cast...have to think about that....

I am sad that I felt so much more connected with my first pregnancy, but that's just the way it is, I think. When it's new and you don't have another child, you can focus so much more energy on it. But I have tried to make time now and again really relishing this one. I've filled in a pregnancy journal and lately spend lots of time rubbing my belly and smiling and talking to the baby. I'm suddenly very acutely aware that there's a little PERSON in there and I am excited to meet him/her. Then there's the little movements and hiccups. And my DD kissing and hugging my belly and singing songs to the baby. Those are the parts I will cherish and truly miss.

Carol
Old 01-09-2006, 10:14 PM

There are a lot of things I am definitely NOT going to miss about being pg...but there are also many things that I definitely WILL miss, especially feeling the baby moving, the amazing feeling of knowing that my body is participating in creating such a miracle as growing a new person, how utterly EASY it is to take care of the baby right now as opposed to after he comes out , and honestly, how beautiful I feel...even though I'm huge and having trouble moving and don't have many clothes that still fit, I really feel beautiful and love my round belly!

After the baby is born, I know I'll just feel flabby and fat, and my clothes STILL won't fit. I'll be utterly in love with my new baby, but yeah...I'll miss being pg, too!!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:33 PM

I just told my DH yesterday that I was going to really miss being pg. I love feeling the Peanut moving around and getting hiccups. I love how tender my husband is with me right now. I'm really looking forward to meeting the new addition to the family but I think there will be a part of me that's sad to see this phase go.

Of course, ask me again in 6 weeks how I feel and maybe I won't be so hesitant to give it up

It turns out that moderation is the key to good parenting.  Too bad we aren't allowed to talk about that here.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:49 AM

Am I horrible? Because I'm pretty sure I won't miss it at all. It's been an easy pregnancy so I can't complain but I've found it very limiting and here at the end (36 weeks) downright miserable. I'm so uncomfortable, which I realize hardly compares to complicated or high risk pregnancies but the sheer discomfort is getting OLD. Fast.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:04 AM

No, NewMomNicole, you are not horrible at all! Different women experience pregnancy in many different ways--some love it and never feel better, others pg is not a fun time at all for many reasons. Nothing to feel bad about at all!

For myself, I think I agree with some of the other ladies, that I will miss the idea of being pregnant not the day to day reality of it.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMomNicole
Am I horrible? Because I'm pretty sure I won't miss it at all. It's been an easy pregnancy so I can't complain but I've found it very limiting and here at the end (36 weeks) downright miserable. I'm so uncomfortable, which I realize hardly compares to complicated or high risk pregnancies but the sheer discomfort is getting OLD. Fast.

I'm with you, NewMomNicole!! "I think I'm going to miss being pregnant" is definitely not a phrase that anyone would hear coming out of my mouth!! I have had a very nausea/vomit-filled pregnancy and, for the past 15 weeks, heartburn has been a daily thing...often inducing the vomiting. I'm grateful not to have complications and to be gaining weight...but the sickness has been so tough; I'm ready for a looooong break (and to meet the little one)!!

I'm glad that many of the rest of you have had nice/enjoyable experiences! Maybe next time(?) things will be easier...
Old 01-10-2006, 12:21 PM

Funny, my thread title would have been "I think I can't wait until I'm not pregnant anymore!"

This whole working with a toddler and being pregnant thing just plain sucks. It wasn't really bad until a couple of weeks ago, and now it's darn near impossible to haul myself out of bed in the morning, get myself ready for work, get ds ready for day care, take him to day care, get to work, work 8 hours, come home, have dinner, clean the house, do laundry, take care of the animals, pay bills, and go to bed. Then wake up and do it again!! :

Whew.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 PM

Ya, I think I will miss it too. I am pretty sure this will be our last baby, and I am sad, but trying to enjoy it and remember it.

User Tag List