Let's do Birth Predictions! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I thought it might be fun to do birth predictions, then we can look at them after the babies come, and see how close we were!

Date and time
height and weight
sex if you don't know yet
any thoughts about the birth in general
anything else if you think of it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Date and time: I'm predicting Feb. 14, 2:20 pmFeb 21 2 :30 AM

height and weight: 21 inches and 9 lbs 2 oz 8 lbs 6 oz and 19 3/4 inches

sex if you don't know yet: Hard, but today I'm going with boy.Definitely wrong on that one, She's a girl!

any thoughts about the birth in general: I think it will be fast, like mw barely making it here fast. Dh doesn't think she will make it. Definitely right on this one, midwives arrrived 10 minutes after she was born

anything else if you think of it: Let's see, I am curious to see the placenta. I'm not really measuring ahead enough to consider twins, but I keep having twin dreams, so I am curious to see if it looks like I was originally pg w/twins and lost one. I also keep having dreams of painless, superquick births, so it will be interesting to see.Placenta looked pretty much normal, just came out really really fast, much like the rest of the birth.
#3 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 12:33 PM

Date and time: 1/30 (I had a dream about the 30th =) ), evening
Height and weight: 9lbs 2oz, 20"
Sex: girl (don't know via u/s)
Birth: home, gentle, peaceful, wet
Prediction or wishful/positive thinking? =)
#4 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 PM

Date and time: I am due the 17th. I think it will be the 14th (my dads b-day) around noon.
height and weight: 22 in. and 9lb even
sex if you don't know yet: I have been thinking girl whole time but my sister is having boy dreams!
any thoughts about the birth in general: I keep thinking I will be at work or at church when labor begins. I tend to procrastinate in calling folks to say it's the day. I keep thinking we will wait too late to call the MW and will not have enough time to fill my pool so I will end up delivering in my own tub.
anything else if you think of itJust anxious in general. This week has been the week of revelation. The end has snuck up on me and now I don't feel ready. I am cleaning my house like a mad woman and making lists and trying to get all my birth supplies together. I felt so much more prepared for my other two. I feel chiaotic this time. I hope the birth is calm.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#5 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 12:59 PM

Date and time Feb 11th
height and weight 9lbs 2oz
sex if you don't know yet u/s said girl, I'll beleive it when I see it
any thoughts about the birth in general I will have my HBAC, I'm guessing baby will not be born in the water, but in my bed, after a longish labor.
#6 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 12:59 PM

Date and time: To be honest I have no intuition about when the baby will come, but I just hope it is before my due date....my OB will not "let" me go past and I really want this baby to be born at home.

height and weight: I think it will be around 21 inches and if I go to 40 weeks 9 pounds

sex if you don't know yet: We
don't know the gender but I think it is a girl

any thoughts about the birth in general: I have no real predicitions of what might happen....I still hope for a homebirth, but with complications creeping up I have no clue....for all I know I might end up with a scheduled induction, though DH still is convinced the baby will be welcomed into our family at home

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#7 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, 9lbs 2oz, seems to be a common prediction. That is what I guessed my dd was after she was born and I saw how big she was, but I was 12 oz short of her actual weight.
#8 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 01:29 PM

This is a fun idea!

Date and time: I'm due Feb 9, but I had a very vivid dream that she came on Feb 6. No idea on the time, though!

I went into labor at 7:00 am on Feb. 6, but I didn't deliver her until early morning on the 7th.

height and weight: I'm expecting her to be really average-sized, much like I was as a baby, maybe 7.5 lbs and 19.5 inches.

She was 7 lbs 9 oz (only one ounce off on the weight) and 20 inches.

sex if you don't know yet: we already know that she's a girl!

She was indeed a girl when she came out.

any thoughts about the birth in general: I'm planning to labor in a tub but I think I'll probably deliver on the floor (our bed is really high and I get a bad feeling when I think about trying to have a baby there).

I labored in the tub and then delivered on the bed. I had the option to get back in the tub for the delivery after the midwife checked me but I was so comfortable on the bed that I didn't want to move!

anything else if you think of it: I'm excited that my younger sister will be at the birth. She has great energy and I'm happy she'll be around to welcome this baby to the world.

My sister was really great labor support. She and my husband worked as a team and both supported me in important ways.
#9 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 01:56 PM

This may be wishful thinking but this has been my "prediction" for a while (I'm due Feb 2):

Jan 24th
8lbs 4 oz.
21 ins

I think it will be relatively fast. I tend to go fast once in active labor and I tend to have a lot of prelabor or prodominal labor that is barely noticable, my water breaks and I'm in immediate active labor. At that point both of my other two labors were 2 and 3 hours. This is the first that I am really going to try to go naturally. Both the other two I got the epidural but once it was in place I was 10 cm. With my first it was on for a while, while I pushed but they turned it off and with #2 they never turned it on. So I went through the pain of getting the epi but didn't get any pain relief from it. So this time I figure why bother . Plus this is my last and I really want to do it naturally. I'm feeling confident that I can do it.

My predictions haven't been too good this pregnancy. I was absolutely certain we were having a girl. And even though I say all the boy parts on the US I still feel like its a girl. Dh thinks I'm crazy.

Micky
#10 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 03:17 PM

Wow! Everyone seems so optimistic about their delivery dates! I feel like such a pessimist . With that said, here are my predictions:

Date and time: I'm due Feb 1st but I'm thinking more like the 10th at 12:33 at night.

I went into labor on February 17th but didn't delivered until the 18th at 12:31 (I was amazingly close to the time!)

height and weight: 20.5 inches, 6.5 pounds

21 inches, 7lbs 14oz

sex if you don't know yet: I too have no feeling about this but every swears it's a girl.

She's a girl!

any thoughts about the birth in general: I'm hoping it will not take more than 10 hours and will be born at home (no transferring to a hosptial).

My midwife said my labor was 11.5 hours and I did it at home.

anything else if you think of it: I'm praying ds sleeps throughout the labor and delivery!!!

Ds was at his grandparents, but I guess he was up all night
#11 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 03:29 PM

I was right on all accounts! We did have a girl on the 25th and the labor was very quick at 4.5 hours! She was also 8lbs even - rock on!

Date and time I have an induction scheduled for 1/25 due to PIH but there's always a chance I could go sooner on my own!

height and weight I'll say 8 lbs even!

sex if you don't know yet We don't know but I'll guess
GIRL!

I expect it to be fairly quick. I was induced with my dd (once again for PIH) and it lasted under 6 hours from beginning to end.

anything else if you think of it I'm really glad my MIL is flying out before the birth to help with our 4 yr old dd. My dd wants to see the birth so we'll have my MIL bring her into the hospital when I'm close to delivering so that she can see it.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#12 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm going to say

Feb 9th, 6am, 7lbs 9oz, 20"
(girl...the u/s pic of her vulva on my fridge doesn't lie!)

I don't want to predict anything about the birth...don't want to get my hopes up or jinx myself. I will say that I would dearly love a nice 8-10 hour labor at home, everything normal, no funny presentations, regular dilation, etc. Born in water or not is OK.

I'm worried a bit about ds though. We have a good plan in place--my friend (who has babysat Iain a lot lately) will come with her 2 year old and they can be separated in the toy room, and she can take him back to her house. But I do want DS to see the actual birth as he wants to really badly, I'm just not sure it's going to work out that way. I'm mostly worried that I'll be so anxious about how he's handling it that I won't be able to focus all my attention on pushing out the baby

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 5 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014, ectopic loss @ 6 weeks 11/2014
#13 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 04:22 PM

Date and time: I'm due Feb 8th, but have said Feb 10th for a while. Although now I would be really happy with anytime in January!! No idea on time

height and weight: 21 inches and upper 8 to lower 9 lbs, he definitely feels bigger than dd who was 7 lb 12 oz and 20 in

sex: several clear ultrasound pics of a boy

any thoughts about the birth in general: It would be nice if the baby was born over a weekend, as that's the only way my dad can make it and it makes the arrangements for dd much easier. I wouldn't be opposed to a quicker labor than I had with dd and would be happy if this babe didn't totally wrap himself up in the cord like his sister did, which was causing heart decels and a lot of anxiety for me.

April
Mama to and
#14 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 07:43 PM

Date and time I'm due Feb 4. I initially thought Jan 28, but now I'm going to predict Jan 24...let's say 8 pm
height and weight 21 1/4 inches, 8 lbs 8 oz
sex if you don't know yet it's a boy (or boy, will WE be surprised )
any thoughts I think it will be a fast labor, hopefully a water birth...but whether we end up home birthing or having him at the birth center is anyone's guess! Praying that this birth will be absolutely smooth and without complications, since there was a scare with each of my other births.
#15 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 PM

Date and time: February 10th, Morning.
height and weight: 21 inches, 8 lbs.
any thoughts about the birth in general: I think I will have prelabor for a couple of days, and then rage into real labor nd it will be over in a matter of hours.
anything else if you think of it: I can't WAIT to see my placenta!!
#16 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 10:04 PM

Heee heee this isn't really fair of me since I am the one having the scheduled c-section!! I know some of this already.

Date and time--- February 2nd at Hmmm... 7:48am
height and weight---19 1/2 inches 8 pounds 4 ounces
sex if you don't know yet--- I know this too... u/s says GIRL
any thoughts about the birth in general---I hope this c-section is as easy as the last one was.
anything else if you think of it---Gosh I hope they don't leave anything in there!!!
#17 of 31 Old 01-12-2006, 11:51 PM

Due Feb 5th

Date and time January 23rd @4:30pm
height and weight 21in 7lbs 8oz
sex if you don't know yet I already know it's a boy
any thoughts about the birth in general I will dialate to 3-4 cm and then have to get my water broken, get an epidural, and be in labor for a short amount of time. I pushed for 20 mins with first baby, but this one is much bigger, so I think I'll push for about 40 mins.
anything else if you think of it Nope

Of course this are more wishes if anything. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
#18 of 31 Old 01-13-2006, 02:10 AM

Date and Time
-I am due the 19th so I am going with the 26th in the early am.

Height and Weight
- 20 inches and 8 lbs 14 oz

Sex
-Girl, there has only been about 2 weeks that I was not sure of this.

Labor/Birth
-Around 20 hours, probably labor a fair amount in the tub, but birth squating or on a birth stool.

We should have a thread after the babes arrive to see how accurate our predictions were!
#19 of 31 Old 01-13-2006, 02:41 AM

Date and time: I think, at least I have had a feeling the baby will come around the 20th of January, I definately think she will appear before the end of January.
height and weight: around 21 inches long and around 8lbs
sex if you don't know yet: they say it is a girl
any thoughts about the birth in general: I am hoping for a natural birth, at least the most natural birth I can have in a hospital, I really don't want any interventions,
anything else if you think of it: I worry about how my ds will accept the new baby, and this will be the first time I will be away from him that long because the hospital makes you stay for at least 24 hours, It's a good thing they will let him come visit as long as he is healthy, so right now we are trying to keep him and all of us cold and virus free
#20 of 31 Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 PM

Date and time February 10th around 6 pm
height and weight 20 inches 7 lbs 9 oz
sex if you don't know yet Boy : even though a girl would be easier for me
any thoughts about the birth in general I might labor for quite awhile, but I'll only push a few times, hopefully it's quick and easy
anything else if you think of it I just can't wait to have this little Sprout in my arms rather than beating on my insides
#21 of 31 Old 01-14-2006, 02:42 AM

I really have no clue. well, I know its a girl. LOL and I hope i go a little early, but dont have any feelings about it.
#22 of 31 Old 01-14-2006, 05:59 AM

Date and time January 20th, around 7 am

height and weight 21 inches 8 lbs 2 oz

sex if you don't know yet Think I lean toward thinking it's a girl, but really don't know. Would love either.

any thoughts about the birth in general Think it'll be faster than last time (17 hours active), esp. the pushing (4 hours), but not super-fast. Maybe 12 hours total with 1.5 hours pushing. I hope!

anything else if you think of I hope overall that it's a totally relaxed and "holy" birth - I feel like the people coming will bring tons of positive energy. I hope to fully allow myself to open to the energy of the women coming and let them help me feel like a goddess. I am excited to meet this new little person!

Carol
#23 of 31 Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 PM

Date and time: EDD is Feb. 21, so I'm going to go with Feb. 26, at about 11pm.

height and weight: 21", 7 pounds 4 ounces

sex if you don't know yet: we know, it's a boy!

any thoughts about the birth in general: I am expecting labour to be long, but really hoping everything goes as planned (as far as no drugs, no interventions, etc) even though we are going to a hospital. My doctor is fantastic though, and only gives epidurals in an absolute emergency (her patients' rate is 4% compared to the hospital's 80%!!), so there will be tons of support.

anything else you think of: i can't wait!!!

winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#24 of 31 Old 01-14-2006, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Date and time: I am due February 17 but I am going to do my best to get baby out before then because I have severe SPD so I am going to go with a birth date of February 5 around 2:30 pm. I actually delivered on January 22 due to high blood pressure and the time was 9:53 pm

Height and weight: Hmmm.. I think the baby will be 20 inches and 7 lbs. 11 oz. She was actually 21 inches long and 8 lbs. 4 oz.

Sex: we could not get a definite view on the u/s but I am convinced its a girl. We have an u/s scheduled for this Tuesday the 17th and I am hoping to find out for sure then. Yes she is a little girl

Thoughts about the birth in general: I definately think I am going to have my VBA2C. I think I am going to go into labour around 4:30 am and that labour & pushing will take about 10 hours total. The baby will be born in hospital but with just the midwives and DH in the room and I am willing myself not to tear!!! Well this is a hard one to answer. No I did not get my VBA2C. I developed high blood pressure and due to my history (almost died of HELLP syndrome with son) she needed to be delivered at 36 weeks. They can't induce after 2 c-sections so she was born by c-section. I am okay with it though. It was a very precious birth.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#25 of 31 Old 02-21-2006, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thought I'd bump this up to see how accurate we were! Just edit your previous post so we can see how we did.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#26 of 31 Old 02-21-2006, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

edited my post, so I thought I'd bump this up.
#27 of 31 Old 02-21-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april77
Date and time: I'm due Feb 8th, but have said Feb 10th for a while. Although now I would be really happy with anytime in January!! No idea on time

My water broke at 10 am on Feb 10th, but he wasn't born until the 11th.

height and weight: 21 inches and upper 8 to lower 9 lbs, he definitely feels bigger than dd who was 7 lb 12 oz and 20 in

He was 8 lb 15 oz, so I was in the right area for weight. He was only 19 3/4 in though.

sex: several clear ultrasound pics of a boy

A boy, no surprises there.

any thoughts about the birth in general: It would be nice if the baby was born over a weekend, as that's the only way my dad can make it and it makes the arrangements for dd much easier. I wouldn't be opposed to a quicker labor than I had with dd and would be happy if this babe didn't totally wrap himself up in the cord like his sister did, which was causing heart decels and a lot of anxiety for me.
Well, he cooperated and came over a weekend, but my dad didn't make it. There were plenty of people to watch dd and the labor was quicker than dd's. He did manage to wrap the cord around his neck though and didn't have the greatest color when he first came out. Pinked up quickly though.[/B]

April
Mama to and
#28 of 31 Old 02-22-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss
So I thought it might be fun to do birth predictions, then we can look at them after the babies come, and see how close we were!

Date and time
height and weight
sex if you don't know yet
anything else if you think of it

I went into labor on March 4th, a week after my edd, he was 6-10, and 17 inches long, just a little thing, my labor last 3 hours altogether...

Ok, here are mine:

Date and time: March 4th, 6am
Height and weight: 7'9 and 19 inches long
Sex: boy, but I cheated!!!
Any thoughts about birth: Yep, it will hurt, but then I will get to hild my baby and will all be better!!! I just know i am gonna go late tho!!!
#29 of 31 Old 03-01-2006, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is3enough
Heee heee this isn't really fair of me since I am the one having the scheduled c-section!! I know some of this already.

Date and time--- February 2nd at Hmmm... 7:48am
height and weight---19 1/2 inches 8 pounds 4 ounces
sex if you don't know yet--- I know this too... u/s says GIRL
any thoughts about the birth in general---I hope this c-section is as easy as the last one was.
anything else if you think of it---Gosh I hope they don't leave anything in there!!!

~It WAS February 2nd (she didn't come early like I thought she was going to!) I was only 20 minutes early on the guessed time though! She was born at 8:08am
~She was 20 1/8th inches and weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces!
~Indeed a girl!
~The c-section was the easiest of the three I have had but I am having a slightly more difficult recovery this time around. Wondering if it was because they tied my tubes too.
~Still to early to tell if they left anything in there since I wouldn't be able to tell the pain from that from my other pain!!
#30 of 31 Old 04-01-2006, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaEvans
Date and time: 1/30 (I had a dream about the 30th =) ), evening
Height and weight: 9lbs 2oz, 20"
Sex: girl (don't know via u/s)
Birth: home, gentle, peaceful, wet
Prediction or wishful/positive thinking? =)
So wrong!!!
Date and time: 2/15, evening was right though! 11:42pm
Height atn weight: 8lbs 8oz, 22"
Sex: Boy!!
Birth: home, long, hard, lots of swearing and screaming, some labor in the tub, but born on land

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page