Mucus Plug/Bloody Show - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-12-2006, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am like obsessed with looking for this. I'll be 37 weeks on Sun, and I haven't seen it yet. My OB just had her second baby, and she said she never saw hers.

I was just wondering for those who have seen it, how far along were you? I am already starting to dialate a little (1cm) but haven't seen anything. Will I?

TIA
#2 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 01:00 AM

With dd I lost my mucus plug a day or so before labor. I have heard many women never see it and if you do labor could still be up to a week away. But it sure does not hurt to keep watching! Anything to be hopefull about is fun to look for!
#3 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 02:26 AM

I've seen bits and pieces of mine over the past couple of weeks. I was at 3 cm yesterday so I've been slowly opening up enough to cause it to come loose. None of it has been bloody thus far.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#4 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 06:03 AM

I have never seen mine before either. However I think I did see a bit of it yesterday. But no blood with it, just the mucus, and just a little at that. I will be 37 weeks this Sunday. So I suppose it could be time to look for it. Also maybe to set up a plan incase I go into labor while hubby is away at work!! :
#5 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 11:36 AM

I had some bloody mucus discharge Wed evening and all day yesterday, but since I had two vaginal exams on Wednesday (at my reg appt in the morning and due to the false labor thing that night) I wasn't sure how much of it was spotting from that, and how much was actual bloody show from the dilating. I was 2 cm Wed morning, 3 cm that night. It was more than the light spotting you typically get from a vag exam, though, very red in the morning and turning brown by last night, and definitely mucus and not just blood.

With my first two I never saw a distinct plug - I think I saw a small amount of blood-tinged mucus after my water broke with Jenna, and had some spotting the day I went into labor with Noah because I had my membranes swept that morning. I guess for some women it's a big event ("Woh - there's my plug!") and for some it's more a gradual process that's easy to miss.
#6 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 12:27 PM

OK, then!! I just went to the bathroom after getting off the computer, and (sorry for the TMI!) passed a HUGE glob of very thick, sticky mucus! At LEAST enough to be the same size as a grape! Never saw anything quite like that before...guess that can definitely be considered a "Woh - there's my plug!" moment, huh?
#7 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 12:34 PM

I lost mine about 2 weeks ago, it wasn't bloody. This is the first pg I've ever noticed it before. I am about 2 cm now.

Micky
#8 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 02:07 PM

Wow Dana! Sounds like you've definately got something going on!!

With all three of mine, I lost my mucus plug (it was very obvious) and had a baby within 24 hours. But I know it's different for each woman. This time, every time I go to the bathroom there's mucus - not always a lot, but some.
#9 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 05:58 PM

With dd, I lost my plug w/ a bit of bloody show about 2 hours before my water broke---I didn't have any more show until I was about 4-6 cm the following afternoon. I never did have any of the copious mucousy discharge leading up to losing the plug so not expecting that this time around either.

Dana--woohoo! Hope we can meet Ian conceivable miles soon!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#10 of 13 Old 01-13-2006, 06:03 PM

I've had some more bloody mucus (just a small amount) almost every time I've been to the bathroom today since that plug came out. Contractions haven't changed, though. So it could still be a while...but my sister will be SO disappointed if he doesn't wait for her! I just hope if he does decide to come now that he's really ready...I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow and I really don't want him to end up in the hospital because of not breathing well enough or something like that! Maybe he'll hang out in there another week and a half or so...
#11 of 13 Old 01-14-2006, 04:32 AM

I never saw any sign of "losing" it (despite expecting to and carefully looking!) with my DD, so I guess it came out gradually. No sign of it yet this time, either....

Carol
#12 of 13 Old 01-14-2006, 04:46 AM

I just wanted to say how exciting!! It makes me think back to when I was waiting for dd. Such a great time.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#13 of 13 Old 01-15-2006, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much everyone. I'm actually going to stop looking for it. It's just making this pregnancy seem longer. On Wed, OB said I was 1cm, but my cervix was still hard and long. I'm soo ready to have this baby. Oh the pains!!!

Thanks again

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page