Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 02-19-2006, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Baby Girl

Date born: February 18th at 12:31am

Weight and Height: 7lbs 14oz, 21 inches

How was the birth experience: It was great, but painful . It was such a different experience than with ds. I was in active labor for such a shorter time yet it took me almost three times as long to push her out. It was so amazing and I successfully had a homebirth! I really couldn't have imagined a better experience!

How are you doing? I am tired but feel suprisingly well. I'm really not sore !

Link to your birth story? I will post it when available.
#32 of 47 Old 02-21-2006, 03:39 PM

Name: Benjamin Miles Gordon

Date born: Feb. 15, 2:14am

Weight and Height: 6 pounds 13.8 oz, 20" long

How was the birth experience: Like nothing I could have ever imagined. I spent nearly all of active labour in a hospital waiting room full of people. Luckily I went from 2cm to 9cm in about 2 hours, and then we were finally admitted into a room to push!!

How are you doing? We're both doing very well. I feel soooo much better now than I did in my whole last month of pregnancy. I have my body (and mind) back, hooray! Ben is nursing like a champ.

Link to your birth story? I should really get writing that before I forget too much!

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#33 of 47 Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Name: Gabriella RaeAnn

Birthdate: February 13th 6:43 pm

Weight and Height: 7 lbs 2 oz 20" long

How was the birth experience: An all day affair, but went very well. It took awhile to get things going, but I went from 6-10 cm in about 3 hrs, pushed for about 10-15 minutes.

How are you doing? We are doing great now. Gabriella had jaundice but it is clearing up now, she nurses like a champ and sleeps so good! I had almost NO bleeding and at only 1 week post partum, I'm barely bleeding at all anymore - so unlike my 3 previous births where I bled heavily for weeks!
#34 of 47 Old 02-21-2006, 04:49 PM

Name: Jane Elizabeth

Birthdate: February 7, 5:51 AM

Weight and Height: 7 lbs 9 oz, 20" long

How was the birth experience: It was amazing...more beautiful and peaceful than I ever could have hoped for or imagined. I'd do it over in a minute.

How are you doing? Really well. I only had a couple days of soreness from a tiny tear. We had some breastfeeding challenges early on but things are up and going now. I'm still on a high from the birth!
#35 of 47 Old 02-23-2006, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Name: Skye Aimee

Date born: 2.15.6

Weight and Height: 9lbs 14 ozs 21 inches

How was the birth experience: long labor at home ending in a cbac

How are you doing? Pretty well

Link to your birth story? not yet
#36 of 47 Old 02-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Name: Asher Tate

Date Born: 2/22/06 3:13am

Weight/Height: 9 pounds 4 ounces, 19 inches long

How was the birth experience: It was pretty quick with only 6 hours of active labor (dd's labor was 32 hours, so this was way different). I was in the tub for about 3 hours and then only pushed for 13 minutes!

How are you doing?: Recovery is going well. I got a first degree tear which feels like nothing compared to the 3rd degree I had with dd. I seem to have caught a cold and coughing is no fun Sonja seems to be adjusting really well to sharing her mom and dad.
#37 of 47 Old 02-24-2006, 06:17 PM

Name: Eleanor Claire (Nora)

Birthdate: February 21st 2:30 AM

Weight and Height: 8 lbs 6 oz 19 3/4" long

How was the birth experience: Lightning speed. 1 hr active labor, Nora arrived 10 minutes before the midwives. The last 5-10 minutes are probably the most intense thing I have ever experienced, but again, it was only 5-10 minutes.

How are you doing? We are doing great. I'm not sore at all. My milk is in, and we are working on Nora opening her mouth WIDE. I'm a little sleep deprived, but honestly I'm getting so much more sleep than I was while pregnant. All in all, I feel pretty blissed out.

Here is the birth story.
#38 of 47 Old 02-26-2006, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Name: Kaia Lillian
Birthdate: 2/18/06 10:02 pm
Height/Weight: 8lbs; 19.5"
Birth experience: intense but wonderful. fast after things finally got going
Birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=413833

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014.
#39 of 47 Old 02-27-2006, 12:39 AM

Name: Zoe Adelaide Rose
Born February 21, 2006 11:11AM
8lbs 6.5oz 20in
Birth experience was exactly what I had wanted. I was able to have my baby at the birthcenter and in the water. My dh was unable to catch the baby since I needed him behind me to support my back after 30 hrs of labor. I only had to push for an hour or so though. The water definately helped with the labor pains though. I imagine it would have been harder to push her out, out of the water also. I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm doing well today. Breastfeeding started out well until my milk came in, then it was difficult for a day, now things seem to be looking up. I didn't tear at all, but have a split in my labia that is healing. Hopefully i'll have time this next week to write up a birth story.
I'm just soooo happy that my little angel is finally here! She is the new love of our lives.
#40 of 47 Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 AM

Name: Arthur Jareth Moyer

Date: 2/16/06

Weight and Height: 9pds 13oz and 21in.

Birth experience: Was great. I had my Vbac. only 7 hrs of labor.

Birth story: The quick version for now is I went in to labor around 8am and had my big boy by 4pm. I didn't need any inducement and only had an epidural. which I was glad because he got stuck on my pelvic bone and they went in with forceps. The minute his head was released he shot out so fast that he tore me all the way from one end to the other. (ouch).
pictures of him with his big sister are here:http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=3B6G3I0V8U
I'm so happy.
#41 of 47 Old 03-02-2006, 09:42 PM

Natasha Christina has arrived
febuary 22nd, 2:58pm
9lbs 8oz
#42 of 47 Old 03-06-2006, 12:16 AM

This is kinda late, but I wanted to announce the arrival of Ava Camille. She was born on February 20th, at 9:55pm. She weighed 7lb 8oz, and was 20 inches long. Here is her homebirth story.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#43 of 47 Old 03-06-2006, 09:15 PM

Name: Sylvia Arun

Date born:2/17/06

Height and Weight:7lbs 9ozs

How was the birth experience had a great homebirth experience! We had a little scare at the very end. Sylvia had stuck shoulders and a cord wrap. Her 1 minute APGAR was 4, but came up to 9 by 5 min. It was nothing mymidwife couldn't handle.

How are you doing? Tired! Lastnight after getting up with Sylvia for the third time dh said that he appreciated my sacrifices. of course my response was "it's no scarifice". I love being a mom!!!!

Link to your birth story? Wow, I haven't even gotten her birth cert filled out yet...

Mama to dd 2/06 and ds 12/09
#44 of 47 Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 AM

Thrilled to announce the arrival of our little boy, John Thomas, on March 1st. 8 lbs, 1 oz., 21 inches long. Had a c/s, hoping for a VBAC, but just glad its done and he's here!!
#45 of 47 Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM

Name: Casimir Seamus

Date born: March 2, 2006 12:53 am

Weight and Height: 8 lb. 15 oz.

How was the birth experience: LONGER and TOUGHER than I could have ever imagined! 46 hours of labor...most of it intense back labor.
Manageable, overall, I guess, however...I never once requested or really considered drugs!

How are you doing? Well, I ended up having a third degree tear in addition to an episiotomy:, so I am still quite sore. I am healing well and my spirits are super-high. My baby is a wonderful little sleeper and a super-nurser. I have little time to do anything except care for him and look at him.

Link to your birth story? I haven't gotten that far yet Will send a story when I can!!!
#46 of 47 Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 PM

Name: Nicholas Michael

Date born: March 7, 11:56 a.m.

Weight and height: 9 lbs, 10 oz., 21.5 inches long

How was the experience: After three different times of thinking I was in labor, and being a week overdue, I went into labor at 4:30 a.m. A very short labor (8 hours) and only 40 minutes of pushing. I had a wonderful birth doula and was able to have a drug free birth, with no hemorrhaging (I hemorrhaged with my firstborn). AT the time I remember thinking I could not tolerate the pain but now I cannot remember what it felt like.

I have bonded very well with the baby. He is adorable. My first boy is showing a lot of resentment towards me, which is tough, but understandable.
#47 of 47 Old 04-01-2006, 02:18 PM

Very late in posting, but Tyler Jacob arrived 2/15 at 11:42pm at home. He was 8lbs 9oz and 22" long. He was perfect, apgars were 10/10, heart tones were great the whole time. He had a compound presentation (his had was up by his ear, notice where your elbow goes!), I tore and bled a lot, won an ambulance ride to the hospital and got to hang out there a bit. I got two units of blood, them came home to heal. I was glad it was a tear that was bleeding, not my uterus though (especially as a VBAC!).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page