Link to your birth story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 47 Old 01-14-2006, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IAN MILES IS HERE!!

He was born this morning, January 14, at 3:35 am.

8lbs even, 20 inches even

The birth was AMAZINGLY wonderful - God truly blessed us and it could not have gone any better, except that my sister missed it (she was scheduled to get here on the 22nd). I lost my mucus plug yesterday morning, had bloody show all day, regular contractions by 8 pm, but didn't realize it was "the real thing" until around 1 am (after the false alarm Wednesday night...). By then they were 4-5 min apart and getting stronger. My monitrice arrived and checked me, and I was 5 cm, so we got on the road to the birth center - arrived there a little under 1 1/2 hrs later and I was 9 cm!!! Got into the birth tub and he was born in the water less than an hour after we arrived. He is PERFECT, beautiful and completely healthy - I had no tearing and despite being pretty sore (and VERY tired!) I feel great. We were back home by 11:00 am! He's nursing great and Jenna and Noah are thrilled with their new baby brother - they were able to witness the birth, and Jenna cut the cord...it was an incredible experience for all of us!!
#3 of 47 Old 01-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Birth Announcements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Charlie

Date born: 1/16/06

Weight and Height: 7 lbs 8 oz

How was the birth experience: Amazing! Not 100% how I would have plan it by any means but I was able to go without any pain medication for the first time. And although I was a bit out of control there at the end it was a fantastic experience. He was birthed at a hospital but one that is fairly progressive and my birth plan was very respected.

How are you doing? I feel pretty good, besides being physically tired. I started contracting on Sat night, they were about 10 minutes apart or so all through until Monday morning at 2:00. Then there were about 5 minutes apart and he wasn't born until Monday at 8:22. This was by far my longest labor! And I was afraid it would be my quickest. But I had no tearing or anything like that.

Micky - Fallen in love once again
#4 of 47 Old 01-20-2006, 09:52 AM

Name: Josephine Grace

Date born:11/27/05 (11 weeks early)

Weight and Height:3lbs (down to 2-7 after swelling subsided), 16.5"

How was the birth experience:Very scary - not much pain, but worried about her!

How are you doing?Ok now - anxious to have my darling home.
#5 of 47 Old 01-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Name: Niesha Arabelle
Date born: Jan. 26, 2006 at 8:40 am
Weight and height: 6lb. 13oz., 19.25"
Birth experience: Fast, intense, powerful - Niesha was born at home w/midwife after 1hr, 10 mins of crazy intense labour and very little pushing. But I "laboured" for about a month and a half (intense contractions peiodically, but nothing alarming, losing mucous plug bits), and had a real "false labour" for 24 hours Monday (nothing major, thought I was in very early labour because I had bloody show more than because of the contractions). She would likely have been born in the caul if I hadn't demanded the midwife break my waters when they were bulging out of me (talk about pressure!)
How are you doing?: I feel incredible
#6 of 47 Old 01-28-2006, 10:02 PM

Name: Leah Rose

Date born: 1/25/06 at 4:48pm

Weight and Height: 8lb 0oz., 21"

How was the birth experience: Overall, very easy and fast. Total labor lasted around 4.5 hours. I was induced due to PIH and the contractions were very bearable even with the pitocin. My baby was born after 10 minutes of pushing and we learned we had a GIRL!

How are you doing? I feel great overall. So far, being a secondtime mom is much easier than being a first time mom!

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#7 of 47 Old 01-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Sucessful VBAC!

Name: Lyla Elise

Date born: January 27, 2006

Weight and Height: 8 lbs. 13 oz.

How was the birth experience: Just amazing, 15 hour labor with a light epidural for the last three hours ( I could still feel EVERYTHING, but made pain bearable, and I could move my legs and everything, they were just heavy).

How are you doing? Wonderful, with a sore bottom I had a LOT of superficial tearing, so a bit swollen here!
#8 of 47 Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 PM

Name: Margaret Elizabeth

Date born: 1//28/06

Weight and Height: 8 pounds, 10 ounces

How was the birth experience: VERY long and emotionally difficult. Physically not so bad.

How are you doing? Really well now!

Link to your birth story? It'll take a while to write up
#9 of 47 Old 01-30-2006, 08:13 PM

Name: Lucien Nikolai

Date born: 1-30-06

Weight and Height: 8 lbs. 20 inches

How was the birth experience: It was really great. I can't believe i was able to do it. The end was very hard but my husband and midwife were extremely supportive and helped me through it.

How are you doing? I'm feeling really great. I'm tired and a little sore but so happy to have accomplished a drug free birth.

Link to your birth story? I will have to type one up later after i have had some rest.
#10 of 47 Old 02-01-2006, 08:54 PM

Name: Anthony Cedric

Date born: January 27, 4:55 pm

Weight and Height: 6 pounds 11 ounces

How was the birth experience: Awesome...3.5 hours labor, very short contractions, maybe 3 minutes of pushing...made it to the hospital and 27 minutes later we learned we had a baby boy!

How are you doing? I feel amazing. I am very tired today though. No tearing, swelling, or large blood clots. I can't believe how good I feel, I tore with the last two births and was very swollen with them too, so this time all around is different from the start of the pregnancy to the delivery.
#11 of 47 Old 02-01-2006, 11:24 PM

Simon Andrew

DOB: Jan. 23 06 10:51 pm

Wt/Ht: 8 lbs. 12 ozs. 20 inches

Birth experience: I loved it! It was quite different than what I thought.

Now I'm doing well.

Will link to birth story when I'm finished typing it.

Mama to two kiddos on the go!
#12 of 47 Old 02-02-2006, 07:05 PM

Name: DD

Date born: 1/31/06

Weight and Height: 20 inches, 6 lb 13 oz.

How was the birth experience: Really good - faster & much easier than expected. 6.5 hour labor from first contraction to birth, no meds, one tear. (Given my first was 80 hours start to finish w/ a c/s, I was just hoping to be done in 24 hours!) We are now our doula's longest and shortest labors that she has attended.

How are you doing? Good except for soreness "below" and a little difficulty with nursing startup.

Link to your birth story: will post link when written...
#13 of 47 Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 AM

Name: Oliver Thomas

Date born: 1/31 at 11:43 am

Weight and Height: 9 lbs 4 oz, 20 inches

How was the birth experience: intense but uncomplicated - had thought it would be a girl but was so excited when we saw a boy! Now I have one of each

How are you doing? very well considering - definitely sore and tired, did have one pretty decent tear but didn't need sutures

Link to your birth story? will try to write it when I have time....
#14 of 47 Old 02-04-2006, 02:00 PM

Name: Sophie Isabella

Date born:1-31-06

Weight and Height:8 lbs. 1 ounce

How was the birth experience:long, but powerful at the end

How are you doing? Physically okay. Just overwhelmed with visitors and two little ones.

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#15 of 47 Old 02-04-2006, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Eliana Eva Jane

Date born: January 22, 2006 (4 weeks early)

Weight and Height: 8 lbs. 4 oz., 21 inches long

How was the birth experience: Well I didn't get my VBA2C which is a bit disappointing but overall I'm not too upset. I developed hypertension and had to have her quickly and they couldn't induce so I had a c-section. It was the best of all my birth experiences, very calm and light-hearted. I actually quite enjoyed it.

How are you doing: I am doing pretty good. I am 13 days post-op now and the pain is minimal. I am back to sleeping on my side easily and only take the occasional tylenol or motrin for pain. Breastfeeding is going okay, we've had some latch problems and I've had to re-learn how to use the supplementer (I have low supply due to breast reduction) but overall we are managing. Emotionally I am doing quite well. With my first DD I had severe PPD so this time I was on Wellbutrin the whole pregnancy and am still on it now. It makes a world of difference in how I feel. It is really hard to cope with 3 kids but I am dealing with it as a normal person not an emotionally distraught one.

Link to birth story: I still have to write it!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#16 of 47 Old 02-05-2006, 12:05 PM

Name: Catherine Ellen and David Anderson

Date born: January 30, 2006 at 11:49am and 11:51, respectively

Weight and Height: Both 6lbs 0oz and 19inch long

How was the birth experience: Strange to say the least I had an emergency c/birth, but I'm not dissappointed and they babies are perfect. They never went to NICU, and roomed with me most of the time. The well baby nursery was upset I had them so much because they loved playing with them. they rarely have multiples in the well baby nursery so we kept fighting over them. I got to stay in the hospital for 4 nights- and we got a pretty good nursing relationship down in that time. Catherine forgot how to latch when we got home, but after bottle feeding her EBM a couple of times, she has "remembered". Whatever works! Since they were born at 36w 0d, the lataction consultants at the hospital were amazed that they were both nursing, and didin't need once oz of formula

How are you doing? Well considering my strength was compromised by 3 weeks of strict bedrest, and I'm doiing way too much since I've been home. Still quite sore, but otherwise okay. This recovery has actually been easier than DS1's birth. Maybe I'm just delirious

Link to your birth story? Haven't gotten to it yet. Will eventually in my copious free time And update when applicable.

#17 of 47 Old 02-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Name: Sarah Mackenzie

Date born: February 2, 2006

Weight and Height: 7 pounds 10 ounces and 19 1/2 inces (AT 36 WEEKS!!!!!!)

How was the birth experience: Traumatic, we ended up with an emergency C-section after an "emergent induction" for PIH. We were on Pit all day and never really progressed and the last 3 hours I was in labor they could not get baby's heartrate out of the range of 180-200 and she was having drastic late decels.

How are you doing? I am very uncomfortable still and still emotionally pretty raw.

Link to your birth story? Soon I hope

Alicia

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#18 of 47 Old 02-07-2006, 01:07 AM

Name: Kaden River

Date Born: 2-6-06

Weight & Height: 7 lbs, 20 inches (37 weeks)

How was the birth experience: FAST and wonderful!!! I woke up at 2 am, didn't know I was in labor til 3 am, and then he was born at 4:22 am. :-)

How are you doing: I'm doing wonderful. This is sooooo much different than recovering from a cesarean. I got a couple stitches on my labia for a small tear, so it stings a little bit...and my pelvic bones all hurt!! But, I'm surprised at how good I feel.

Link to birth story: Blogger.com is doing maintenance right now :-(, but I hope to have most of the story and pictures up tomorrow. bdhall.blogspot.com
#19 of 47 Old 02-07-2006, 01:36 AM

Name:Katiana Rose

Date born: 2-5-06

Weight and Height:21 1/2 inches 8lbs 5oz

How was the birth experience:Long,confusing, and wonderful all at the same time

How are you doing? Tired and a little sore

Link to your birth story? My doula was going to write a detailed one in the next week. My dh and I were going to add to it and then put it on her website.
#20 of 47 Old 02-07-2006, 08:33 AM

Name: Courtney Layne

Date Born: 1 Feb 2006

Weight and Height: 7 lbs 4 oz, 20.5 inches (37 weeks)

How was the birth experience: My water broke at 1030 PM. We got to the hospital at 11 PM. The technician put the IV in my hand wrong and it wasn't working. I got an epidural and since my fluid levels were low, my blood pressure sky rocketed. They had to stop my contractions and make sure baby was ok. An hour later they started them back up. She was born at 5:52 AM. Next time, I will probably just get a muscle relaxer so we wouldn't have the scare that we did.

How are you doing now: Mommy, Daddy and Baby are doing great!!! I never knew how much easier breast feeding would be compaired to making a bottle (especially in the middle of the night) .
#21 of 47 Old 02-09-2006, 03:02 AM

Name: Isabelle Sariah

Date born: February 2nd, 2006

Weight and Height: 7 pounds 10 ounces and 20 1/8 inches long.

How was the birth experience: Other then the crappy spinal the c-section was the best of the three I had!!! I was thrilled to hear such a robust cry from my baby before she was even all the way out!! She is so strong and healthy!!

How are you doing? Other then some bad back pain from the previously mentioned crappy spinal I am doing awesome!! I don't have much incision pain at all!!

Birth Story
Pictures

Well now I am off to change my signature!
#22 of 47 Old 02-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Name: Norah Violette (we chose Violette as her middle name in honor of my Nana - it was her maiden name)

Date born: Saturday, February 4, 2006 at 2:40pm (at 40w5d)

Weight and Height: 7 pounds, 14 ounces & 20 inches long

How was the birth experience: A successful HBAC!!!!! Yipee!!!!!!
13 hours of labor total, FOUR very long hours of pushing.....My birth team was amazing and made all the difference in the world (5 in total - midwife, back-up midwife, doula, husband and a good friend)

How are you doing? Much better mentally and physically than after my c-section, but very sore (ouch!). Second degree tears & very swollen. Can't be on my feet for more than 10 minutes (which I didn't expect), but getting a little better each day. Baby is beautiful, gorgeous & amazing and DS (2.75) has been so fantastic & gentle with her.

Link to your birth story? Not yet...
#23 of 47 Old 02-09-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I love the HBAC stories the best! congrautions to you and your family don't worry about getting around, just enjoy your babymoon
#24 of 47 Old 02-09-2006, 07:44 PM

Name: Daylen Zane

Date Born: Feb. 5th, 2006 9:24am

Weight and Height: 6lbs 7oz, 20inches

How was the birth experience: More difficult than I expected, but was quick. Woke up at 3am with painfull contractions. Water did not brake untill he was crowning. After birthing on my back the first time and this time on my hands and knees.... I recomend the hands and knees way my body is less stressed out and sore. I gave into letting my mother and SIL in the room 'cause the were doing such a good job rubing my feet and back . DH wasn't quite with the porgram but he did fine standing and watching.... Thank God for my Mommy! Over all I have to say it was a good experience but next time I just might go for the epi!

How are you doing? Better than less time. brestfeeding is going great! My mood has improved and I finally can sit up longer than 30mins at a time.
#25 of 47 Old 02-10-2006, 04:34 PM

Name: Klara Grace

Date born: February 5, 2006

Weight and Height: 8lbs. 8oz. / 20 inches long

How was the birth experience: Painful, but thankfully fast. Lots of back labor the last 1.5 hours - very mild up to that point.

How are you doing? Awesome! Madly in love and very, very happy.

Alyssa
Mama to Scott (USAF), Katie (18), Karlie (16), Kimmy (9), Klara (4.5), and Baby Khloe (2.5)
#26 of 47 Old 02-13-2006, 03:09 PM

Just so excited

Name: Krisalyn Elise Rose Campell

Date Born: February 12 7:43am

Weight/Height: 9lb. 2oz and 18 3/4 in. 13in. Head 14 in. Chest
Basicall Short and Fat

How was the Birth Experience: First word that comes to mind is Amazing. God was truly with us. It was so fast. First contraction was at 2:45 and not too intense but still had to breath through them. I got out of bed around 4:30 to greet my best friend at the door. All my support team trickled in one at a time. Both my girls stayed asleep, which was amazing considering all the noise that was occuring. My midwife checked me at 6:45 and I was a good 6, completely effaced and bag of water bulging. I got in the pool and it felt terrific. Baby girl greeted us way quicker than I could have ever imagined at 7:43. So just 5 hours from the first contraction to her birth. Dh got to catch her and I pulled her up out of the water to my chest. Hardly any bleeding and placenta was delivered very quickly after my exit from the pool. No tears!!!

How are you doing: Really well. A little tired, my first night with her was long. She is permantly attached to my breast I am having hardly any bleeding and keep expecting the flood gates to open at any moment

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#27 of 47 Old 02-15-2006, 12:52 AM

Name: Caleb Adam

Date born: February 11, 2006 at 2:14 am

Weight and Height: 8 lb 15 oz and 19 3/4 inches

How was the birth experience: Intense. I had an epidural with dd, but went through this birth unmedicated and intervention free. It was an incredible experience, but the pain was way more intense than I had anticipated.

How are you doing? Pretty well. I'm getting around well, only a small tear, and not that tired. DD is having some trouble adjusting and that is stressful, but we're getting through it.

Link to your birth story? Coming soon.

April
Mama to and
#28 of 47 Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 PM

Name: Finn Lukas

Date born: 2/10/06

Weight and Height: 6lbs 10oz

How was the birth experience: It was really good. Very hard work and I was so very tired because I couldn't sleep two nights before. I has ctx 20 minutes apart for 2 days. But then I went into active labor and it was very managable until my water broke and they started to be very intense and 2 minutes apart. I practised all my hypnobirthing and it helped with staying relaxed, but I was definately very much laboring and feeling everything. When my mw came I was already 7 cm and progresssed to almost 10 in an hour. I pushed for 1 hour 40 minutes (he wasn't even engaged when I started pushing ) and he literally flew out into the world. He screamed before he was even in my arms. I had a hard time with my placenta and bleeding, but finally this was resolved, I got stiched up (one second degree tear), everyone left and my dh and I just marveled at this wonder. I will never forget how it felt whem my mw handed him to me. He was the most beautiful and perfect thing I have ever seen!!!!

How are you doing? I am starting to feel much better now. I was very dizzy after birth and I am still sore. But I nurse and I am able to move around more and more each day, so I recover. I love Finn so much and he is a very content and happy baby, too. I could have never ask for more)

Link to your birth story? I will type it in detail very soon, I just still can't sit for too long.

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#29 of 47 Old 02-16-2006, 12:34 AM

Name: Griffin Byrnes
Date born: February 15th at 12:30 am
Weight & Height: 7.7 lbs., and I never found out the height! This is so my second child
How was the birth experience: Amazing, really fast, and only hard for about 1/2 hour. Plus, I was in denial for the whole early and most of the active labor.
How are you doing?: Great. I'll be even more so after I get some sleep.
Link to birth story: soon...
#30 of 47 Old 02-17-2006, 11:03 AM

Name: Lauren Elizabeth

Date born: February 15th, 10:37pm (my grandma's birthday)

Weight and Height: 5lbs 15oz, 19.5in

How was the birth experience: Amazing, surreal. Peaceful (as far as birth goes, that is) and quick.

How are you doing? Really well. Recovery is going just fine, and Lauren and her big sister are adjusting to eachother as well as can be expected.

Link to your birth story? Lauren's Birth it's long!

Rachel, married to Andy, mama to Aubrey, Lauren, Sasha, and *surprise* Baby #4, due November, 2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page