Why is the last month so hard??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due in 24 days. 24 days.... that is not that far at all. but when I think about it I just want to cry because it seems like FOREVER!

I am having a miserable day. I am tired, my pubic bone hurts, plus my foot hurts for some reason, so I cant walk well, and I am grumpy, and dont know what to do with myself.

And 24 days just seems SO LONG.
#2 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 04:15 PM

It'll get better... really soon we will have our babes and it will be worth it.
#3 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 04:26 PM

I don't know why the last month is so hard, but I'm feeling it too. I really can't imagine getting bigger or more uncomfortable at this point, but I know I have a month left so it is pretty much inevitable that I will be both bigger and more uncomfortable. : I just keep reminding myself that this too will end, and that having two kids will probably be easier than being 9 months pg w/a toddler.
#4 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 PM

I am also struggling with this. And then I think what if baby is really late and it is not one more month, but a month and a half . I am still trying to work as much as I can which I am sure is not helping, but we really need the money right now. I am just really tired of hurting and not beign able to do things.
#5 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

This is the point where I wish I would have the baby so I can get some sleep. LOL pretty silly I can get more sleep with a new baby than when pregnant..
Or when a sore bottom allows you to move better than a big belly.. he he
#6 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobiemama
This is the point where I wish I would have the baby so I can get some sleep. LOL pretty silly I can get more sleep with a new baby than when pregnant..
Exactly! People thought I was crazy when dd was a newborn, and I was telling them that I was getting so much more sleep than when I was pregnant.
#7 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 06:21 PM

The last month is just MISERABLE! You'd think with this being my 4th that I'd be ready for it by now, but I'm just NOT! I'm tired of my hips and pelvic bones hurting, I'm tired of my back hurting, I'm tired of being uncomfortable no matter how I sit/stand/lay I'm SO ready for baby to be here - and I've still got about 5 weeks left. I just want to be able to breath, and eat, and sleep, and lay down comfortably, and walk without being in pain ........... and stop whining
#8 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss
Exactly! People thought I was crazy when dd was a newborn, and I was telling them that I was getting so much more sleep than when I was pregnant.

I thought I was the only one. So it could happen again? After dd was born, I was better rested than I had been in many years! People probably thought I was lying.

Anyhow, yeah, the end of pregnancy is pretty unbearable. Especially with a toddler. DD just gave up naps last week. The mood swings (hers and mine) are killing us, and just the extra weight is hard to deal with. I'm tired of being the biggest one in my yoga class. Especially when the 16-weekers are talking about how big they are, and you can't see a thing.
#9 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja
I thought I was the only one. So it could happen again? After dd was born, I was better rested than I had been in many years!
Ooh that is so good to hear, and gives me hope. Everyone keeps saying, "get your sleep now while you can!", but I just can't sleep! I normally need a minimum of 8-9 hours just to function, and I'm lucky right now if I get 5 or 6, nighttime and naps combined.

35 days left for me. I can make it!

winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#10 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 09:02 PM

I'm 34 weeks today and I'm DONE! : Only being able to sit up for short periods and get up to pee and shower and to move from the couch to the bed SUCKS. I'm uncomfortable all the time. there is never a time that my pubicbone/hemeriods/hips/belly skin/ lwer back/upperback/ carpel tunnel don't hurt.

I know that this too shall pass, and in the end I will hopefully have 2 healthy babies. But dammit- I'm depressed, cranky, and bored. I can't play with my son much, he has been wonderful through all t his. And DH is doing the best that he can, under the circumstances.

I just know that one week of bedrest down, and 4 to go until my c/s. I'm counting off the days!

Hope everyone feels better. :
#11 of 14 Old 01-16-2006, 09:48 PM

I think this last month or so has been dragging because I'm not distracted by the holidays anymore. It doesn't help that here in the Seattle area we've had an almost record amount of rainy days for the past several weeks. It makes me want to curl up and cry.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#12 of 14 Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 AM

A friend was just telling me yesterday, when I called her expressly to bitch/whine about this, that the last part of pregnancy is so hard so we'll actually WANT the babies to come out. If it were a piece of cake we'd be disappointed for it to end, LOL.

I was so furious at the world yesterday I just couldn't snap out of it. I was literally fuming over nothing and everything the whole day. DH asked what was wrong, what he could do, but there really wasn't anything. I just felt grumpy beyond belief for absolutely no reason.

Baby is so low that I can't close my legs. My belly is in the way of everything. Very few clothes fit. I look puffy. My complexion is even worse than usual - pregnancy glow my a$$. Been sleeping much better the last week, but I'm still tired. Lower back feels like it's compressed between slabs of concrete if I'm on my feet much. But with baby being so low I've got an enormous appetite and stomach room to put it in, so I am "starving" all the time and no doubt gaining weight like crazy!

Yesterday I didn't think I could make it another day...was looking hopefully for any sign of labor the whole day and night. But today I feel a bit better...like I can make it another, I don't know, 4-5 days before I crack up completely!?!

Carol
#13 of 14 Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllasMama
Lower back feels like it's compressed between slabs of concrete if I'm on my feet much.
:
They should make a slabs of concrete smiley just for us. There's no other way to explain the feeling.

hang.gif  

#14 of 14 Old 01-17-2006, 05:32 AM

OOO I can't wait to sleep again!!! It is now 3:30am and I'm on my 6th load of clothes in the washer only my 3rd in the dryer : I need a new washer and dryer so I can wash normal size loads and I've caught up on folding and hanging the clothes I washed a month ago,but I figure that if I'm not going to sleep at night I might as well get some stuff done. I've been in full on cleaning mode since 8:30pm. It all started when I bought a Swiffer Duster at the store those thing rock! I would slow down but then I feel as if I'll never get it done, but at the same time I hurt so bad I can hardly move!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page