How are you sleeping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm doing terrible! I got to bed around 11pm, sleep for as many restless hours as I can, rolling over every hour, on the hour. Then about 3 or 4am my hips can't take it anymore and I have to get out of bed. It takes at least 3 hours for my hips to stop hurting enough to go back to bed, then I get to sleep till 9, but only because DH gets up with DS around 7 and feeds him a really crappy breakfast and let's him watch TV.
#2 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 12:45 PM

I too have been sleeping like crap too. Just can't seem to get comfortable or I wake up drenched in sweat YUK. And to top it all off I have a horrible cold right now. Can't wait to have this baby! Thanks for letting me vent!
#3 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 01:13 PM

Very crappy.
#4 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 01:46 PM

My sleep is just as bad as yours. I am exhaused all day, then bedtime comes and I lay down and just can't get to sleep. My legs hurt, my hips hurt, my back hurts, the darn baby has the hiccups for 45 minutes. Ugh! I am lucky if I get 4 hours a night (not straight through, of course).
#5 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 02:41 PM

For a few nights, I'll sleep "better" ---you know only up 3x to use the bathroom and turning/repositioning every hour or so. Then I'll get a few nights of being up from 3am on and maybe falling back asleep around 630 or 7 only to have to get up at 8. I'm actually looking forward to the newborn sleep deprivation phase--and getting to sleep on my back again!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#6 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Yeah, I'm like heather, I'll have a good night like that and then several when I'm up from 1-4. What's with the drenched in sweat thing? Annoying. Plus as soon as I lie down the baby takes the opportunity to try to kick her way out right below my ribcage. I don't remember DS ever kicking quite this hard--more often yes, but not as hard. I think she's already bigger than DS was at birth!!

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014.
#7 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 04:53 PM

Yeah, I'm not sleeping great either. I go to bed about 10-11pm, then wake up about 3hrs later to pee, then 2-3hrs after that. On my second waking, it seems like I am so uncomfortable or hungry or my mind is awake, that I can't go back to sleep. So, I lay there for a while, then trudge out to the couch, and turn on some really boring show. I usually drift off to sleep, and get some more hours in. Last night was good though, I got up twice to pee, but slept until 6am when dh got up. Then, I went back to sleep from 8-10:30! I never sleep that late, but I guess my body just needed to catch up! DH came home for lunch early at 10:30, and I was zonked out on the bed with the tv on! He thought it was funny.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#8 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 05:05 PM

The hips!!! That's what keeps me up, too. I wake up feeling like they're touching each other. Then there are the leg cramps, which seem to have gotten worse the last few nights. I guess we can't really expect sleep to get much better after our babies are here, huh!

Mama to dd 2/06 and ds 12/09
#9 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 05:33 PM

What is it with the sweating? I've been waking up drenched too. And, then I get up to go to the bathroom and the sweat starts to evaporate and I get freezing again. So, I go back to bed with all the blankets on and the entire cycle starts over again.

I swear what has helped my sleep has been a memory foam topper for our mattress. I know I don't toss and turn as much this pregnancy as I did with my others.

I think I'm feeling so much more tired now because of the weather here in MI. It's been cloudy for a while now and it's still dark at 7:30 am!! So, my entire day starts out like I'm in a fog. Then, it's cloudy all day and just plain depressing!! I can't help but want to sleep all day!
#10 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer, I am feeling the same way today DH came home for lunch and said 'you really shouldn't be feeling drepressed today' Umm, why not? I'm 9 months pregnant, I don't think we will ever see the sun again, I'm not sleeping. Frankly, I just wanted to stay in bed all day, if it wasn't for Carter I would!! He made up for it later when I was explaning that I did NOTHING today and he said that it was about time I took 'maternity leave' from life
#11 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 08:05 PM

How old is Carter again? At this point there's nothing wrong with a little electronic babysitting while you get some rest!! I've been trying to nap between 3:30 and 5:30 because that's when there are some good shows on PBS.

The snow today was pretty, but it's turning to ice, which scares the heck out of me!! And STILL NO SUN!!!! Blah.
#12 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 08:23 PM

Like many of you, I have good nights and bad nights. Last night was ok. I, too, get night sweats which suck! It's making me dread the whole sweating/hair loss period I'll have to go through after the baby gets here. *sigh*

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#13 of 17 Old 01-18-2006, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Three Boys
How old is Carter again? At this point there's nothing wrong with a little electronic babysitting while you get some rest!! I've been trying to nap between 3:30 and 5:30 because that's when there are some good shows on PBS.

The snow today was pretty, but it's turning to ice, which scares the heck out of me!! And STILL NO SUN!!!! Blah.

He's 2 1/2, and trust me, he gets lots of electronic babysitting

At least we'll get out of the house tomorrow for m/w appointment. The highlight of my day
#14 of 17 Old 01-19-2006, 12:09 AM

I have to get up & about at 630ish to make sure DS gets a good breakfast and off for school. DH is sympathetic to my tossing & turning to get comfy at night, but doesn't understand why I drink more water when I wake up and waddle to the potty. I get absolutely parched every few hours.
#15 of 17 Old 01-19-2006, 12:21 AM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the night sweats - they'd been freaking me out a little b/c I don't recall them last time. Last night my DH forgot to turn the heat down and I was totally soaking. :

As I posted on my insomnia thread, I'm actually sleeping better, so maybe here soon many of you will, too (I'm 38 weeks today). I tried everything, including herbal sleep aids, then finally tried drinking 1/2 a beer before bedtime and amazingly, it helped! Or coincidentally things changed at that same time, but I really think the beer was key. Within a couple of days my body seemed to "reboot" and I got back to a more normal schedule. Now when I wake up to pee I usually go back to sleep fairly quickly and (knock on wood!!) only occasionally lay there a max of an hour before being able to sleep again.

I have a very thick (~2 inches) mattress pad made out of the Tempurpedic memory foam stuff and I swear it's wonderful. I can't say there's no hip pain at all, but it's night and day from without it. Conforms really well to support my belly, too. I slept in the guest room a while when DH painted our bedroom and even with 2 nice eggcrate foam pads, it was so totally uncomfortable. My memory foam pad came from Costco and wasn't cheap, but wow is it great. Wish I had a whole Tempurpedic bed!

Carol
#16 of 17 Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 AM

Carol - We're getting a Tempurpedic bed next time we need a new mattress. We bought the topper to see if we liked sleeping on that type of bed and we both LOVE it!! I slept terribly at my parent's house on my sister's bed at New Year's this year.
#17 of 17 Old 01-19-2006, 01:01 PM

I can not go on like this. I am in a miserable fog and I need a good night's rest SO BAD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page