Babymoon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ran across this today and thought I would share. It's a beautifully written explanation of babymoon.

Enjoy

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/babymoon.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 06:41 PM

LOL! I love the babymoon idea, but I do not recommend leaving a message on your answering machine like the one they suggest!

It comes across as, "We don't want to see YOU, but here's our shopping list...."

That aside, has anyone gone the full 2 wks w/o seeing anyone? We've moved out of state so we have no one nearby who will be banging on our door, except for DH's mom & stepdad (who we are NOT on good terms with - MIL has, umm... issues...). I know they will make a big ruckus if we told them they could not see the baby.

Maybe I'll allow them to stop by the birthcenter/hospital and thereby keep the visit short?

Blessed Mama to 4 and expecting one more!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM

I am so glad we moved away from obnoxious family..... And I dont have any friends either, so no one will be bothering us.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbean
LOL! I love the babymoon idea, but I do not recommend leaving a message on your answering machine like the one they suggest!

It comes across as, "We don't want to see YOU, but here's our shopping list...."
Yup! That's the point!!!

Along the same line, this is wording for a sign you can post on your front door that I found online a while ago from a midwife's practice...

"This home has a new baby!
_______________(name) was born on ______________ at ___________ am/pm weighing ________ and was ___________ long.

***Please limit your stay to 10 minutes unless you are helping with house chores. If you are asked to stay longer, please help with _____________________ (mom tells us what she wants help with and we fill it out).

Greet [name/s of older children] first! (big bold letters, probably in a different color)

If you or your children are sick, DO NOT COME IN!

Signed: midwife

Thank You for Visiting
In case Mommy or Daddy forgot to tell you: Thank you for visiting and for any thing you brought / any thing you helped with around the house. We are very tired and will properly thank you later."
Old 01-18-2006, 07:52 PM

I LOVE the signs (especially the thank you one) I'm going to put those up.
thank you.
We are not capable of the two week thing, this is our third child, two attend preschool and kindy... no way we're going to just all five be home for two weeks.
a nice idea for a first baby though.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:05 AM

I've been putting up a Quiet please-Nap time sign on the door lately as DS has some neighborhood friends who always come by when DD & I are settling in for a nap.

I think the door signs are a great idea!

User Tag List