Mothering Forum banner

Week of Jan. 23 Check In

1K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  maya's mommy 
#1 ·
So..........

For those still pregnant, how are we holding up? What is going great for us? What is not so great? For those of us with children on the outside already, how is that going? Are you doing any final things to prepare your dc(s) for new siblings/birth? How are the final preparations coming? Sleep? Prodromal labor?

And for those with new babes, tell us all about it! Sleep? Sibling adjustment? Recovery? How is it going?

Let's check in!

Abby

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I am definitely still pregnant.
Of course, I knew I would be. I'm not officially due for another month. Which I can't quite imagine at this point, but am trying to prepare myself for. Things that are going great.....well, I had my home visit on Sat. I
my midwives! I can have a hb any time now. Although I would kind of like to wait until after Feb 11, since my friends are throwing me a Blessingway! Also, I finally got in to see my chiropractor after a bad fall on the ice, and I'm feeling semi-okay again. YAY!!! Also, I think we may have settled on a boy name! This is honestly a miracle. As far as not so great, I've been doing a lot more puking, and my urine test on Sat showed Ketones, so I really need to work on eating more. Which is hard, because my stomach is the size of a walnut, and most food is just a turn-off these days. Baby is currently LOA again (good baby) and still kicking/moving around a lot.

And can I just say how exhausting it is to be a parent to a high-energy 2.5 yr old right now? ugh. I try to resort to putting on dvds, but she can't even sit still for that. This is probably the only time I will long for a kid who will zone out to the tube.
We have been reading lots of books about new babies and expanding families and (my favorite) Welcome With Love . Dd is really into talking about how she will help change the baby's bum and sit on the couch with lots of pillows to hold the baby.

Sleep is a joke, I was up from midnight to five am last night
:

Final preparations are coming along, I finally hauled all the baby clothes out of the attic and I'm washing, and trying to get out old stains. I find it so weird that stains appear over time while sitting in boxes....

Anyway, I've probably blabbed enough
, it is snowing right now, and I should take advantage of this nap to work on things, but I'm lacking in proper motivation.

So.....that's my update! Looking forward to hearing everyone else's.
Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Abby

#3 ·
I'm still pregnant. I'm 35w today and my doc moved up my section to the 8th of Feb. I've been on bedrest for 3 weeks now( I think, I have no idea it seems like years)and am trying to keep these babies in for another 2. they are both big already- as of Thursday baby A(girl) is 5lbs 5oz and baby B(boy) is 6lbs 15oz
Needless to say I am sooooo huge and uncomfortable.

I can't get around very well so I guess it is good that I'm on bedrest. taking a shower, drying my hair and getting dressed totally wears me out. My 2yo is really adjusting well tohaving DH take over most of my duties, and to having all sorts of people take care of him since I cannot.

I'm happy to have made it this far- noone thought that I would- but damn I'm ready for this to be over. My blood pressure is still good, but the little girl's head and the weight ofboth babies is causing me to leak urine.
Everytime I stand up or move around in the bed- and I have been kegeling like crazy this whole pregnancy. Luckily it isn't too horrible- but humiliating nevertheless.

eating- HA. I try to eat mini meals every 2 hours. this is the ONLY way that I can eat without getting horrid reflux or wanting to vomit. I have to keep up the eating so the babies will gain properly, but it is hard when nothing sounds good to eat.

Okay- I think I have whined and been depressing enough.
Mom did help me wash all DS' diapers and sort them for the twins. Now I just have to wash all his baby clothes( which are mostly gender neutral). I have the car seats so now I'm ready.

I keep having dreams that I have Catherine at home, and David on the way to the hospital. that would be an interesting way to have a VBA2C and a UC at that

#4 ·
Still pg here too!
No surprise, I'm only just 35 weeks (due Feb 27th)
I expect I'll likely be one of the last ones to go on this board... both of my two children were late.

BUT surprisingly, the baby moved down yesterday rather signficantly. Suddenly to top of my belly is really soft and squishy. Movement isn't really changed, still pretty active but suddenly I can take a nice deep breath. I haven't been able to for weeks and weeks, so I'm really rather liking that.
Actually, I'm almost wondering if the baby might have turned into the correct anterior position? (both of the other two were posterior at onset of labour, one delivered that way, one didn't) because I'm rather comfy all of a sudden, and I don't remember feeling this comfy this far along before.

so that's all to report....

#5 ·
Still pg here also. My EDD isn't until the 21st, so I might have a way to go. I have been pretty comfortable, besides some usual aches and pains ect. I have been pretty busy around the house, but have to be careful, because I wear myself out. I have been stressed about a car, because we sold our family sized truck in December, and wanted to wait a few months to look. Now that doesn't seem like it was such a good idea, because our small truck isn't big enough for us and the babe(plus not safe imo). I do think we found a car, but we have to wait till the end of the week to see. That will take a lot of stress off my shoulders.
I have been somewhat uncomfortable, but after weeks of bad sleep, I have had three nights of pretty good sleep, which does a lot for the body and mind. I started having pains way "down there", not sure if they are stretching, or the babe's head against my bones.
My 36w home visit is on Thursday, so that's exciting! It just makes it seem more like it is really going to happen soon. I told dh how many days it was till I was due, and how many days it was till one week early, and two weeks early or late. He got really excited-and kinda freaked out!
I am just starting to dread pushy in-law visits more and more each day. They all live within 5 minutes from us. I made a sign on bright neon green paper for our door that says to call first, and that our home is flu/cold free, so if you even think you might be getting sick, stay away. I hope the sign works, and I hope dh will feel free NOT to answer the door.
Other than worrying about our babymoon being invaded upon, I'm doing ok. I am ready to meet this little one, but I am also enjoying my time alone.

#6 ·
Just making it through another day here.... 37w4d here. My pubic bone is killing me. I hurt when I get in bed, I cant sleep, I toss and turn all night and get up to pee at least 5 times.. uggh. I can barely move in the morning I am so sore.
Every morning I say please not 17 more days... LOL But then every night I tell myself its only 17 more days and I will make it.

Been having more and more contrax. I told myself this weekend would be a good time to have a baby, dont you think? LOL
I need to finish packing my bag.
So far I have packed a diaper bag for jack(2), a bag for the other 2 kids with change of clothes and their big brother/sister shirts.
My bag has:
4 pairs of undies, 2 pairs of slipper soaker, my night gown to wear during labor, a sportsbra in case I want to wear it in the tub, an outfit for baby, a gown, a onesie, socks, 2 blankies and a hat. Extra batteries for the camera, a toothbrush, shampoo and a bar of soap.

What else do I need?

#7 ·
I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and definitely feeling ready. I had my home visit with my MW on Friday and got everything sorted out, and I think we're going to put the pool upstairs instead of in the living room as I had planned. I finished my last bradley class this past weekend and DH is getting things settled at work this week so we're ready! Yesterday I had tons of ctx in the evening, plus I just felt really crampy and weird and restless the whole day, nesty but also dead tired. I had this weird feeling I'd wake up in labor, but nope. Probably good, since I'd really like to go another week I think. But even though my cervix feels bruised from head-butting, I'm starting to swell in my ankles, my hips and pubic bone ache, and I can't breathe, I still think I probably feel too good to deliver anytime soon. I still think the first week of Feb. at the earliest. But my MW has another mom due 2/4 so if I go early she had better be late!

I have made & dyed so many freakishly cute girly things that I can't decide what to put her in first!! Good thing babies need their clothes changed often so I can try out all the adorable outfits.

I am finally getting comments from strangers, like when are you due etc. It only took 9 months for people to comment on my belly.
: And I'm really worried about DS, since he had a major meltdown the whole time our MW was here. He was buzzing around and getting really upset about ridiculous things. I know he is worried (he is very, very "spirited", has SID (sensory integration disorder) and attachment issues) and I don't know what else to do for him except what we've been doing. He has been going through an extra sensitive phase lately, freaking about clothes and the carseat again. And he had a cardiologist checkup this morning which always ruins a whole week. It's going to be really rough the first couple of months at least.

#8 ·
Still pregnant here. 35w3d. As much as I am ready for this baby to be out, I don't want her to come too early. Feb. 15th would be good.

I don't feel great at all, but I don't feel bad much. Friday night I got such a bad cramp in my back that I had to lean on DH's back as we went downstairs together because I really needed to pee. I almost had him bring me a bucket to pee in, I was in that much pain. Fortunately it didn't last long. DD is fighting a cold, so she has been nursing like crazy, which is driving me crazy! But, that's okay.

DD is very excited. She is 3 1/2, and last night she told me that she is going to catch her baby sister. I don't think my mw will go for that, but we'll talk with the mw Friday about something that DD can do. Maybe help cut the cord - DH will not do that - he's grossed out at the idea. I think she is ready, we'll work on making more labor noise, but other then that, I don't think she'll be worried about anything. And my support people are are lined up.

I am having real contrations, but they are not routine or close at all. No more BH, though. And I get a few good hours of sleep a night, topped off with a few restless doze/wake hours.

For final preparations, I have quite a list still - make more wipes, order diapers (then wash them), wash clothes, pack hospital bag, get carseat bases in both cars, take belly picks, prepare list of who to call, and make a cake. (At the hospital we will have a mini b-day party). Of all the things on my list, today I decided that making the cake and getting it in the freezer was the most important, so that is done. I'm a goof. There is more to my list, but those are the most important ones, I think.

#9 ·
I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and will be induced for PIH on Wednesday. I picked up a few last things at Target today so now I have no excuse not to pack my hospital bag, lol! My MIL is flying in tomorrow night and I'm so happy to have someone here to take care of me and my 4 yr old dd. She really makes herself useful when she visits which I appreciate.
I'm feeling pretty good these days. I think my body knows I really wanted to wait until my MIL was here so I haven't had the nighttime contractions in over a week. I did lose more plug today but it wasn't bloody so I'm not concerned. My blood pressure has remained high but it isn't anything too crazy for which I'm greatful. My dd is so looking forward to seeing the baby and I think the adjustment to being a big sister will go well.

#11 ·
Also at 35 weeks and still baking. I've hit a point where I'm just tired ALL the time, I feel like I could just curl up and go to sleep - well except when I'm SUPPOSED to go to sleep, then I'm wide awake
: I toss and turn all night, I'm only able to sleep in hour and a half to two hour increments and then I have to get up to pee. I'm having BH constantly and tons of pressure on my hips, some pain in my cervical area but no real contrax. I'm cranky and short tempered, my house is a mess no matter how hard I try to keep it clean so I'm frustrated. I need to make dh and the girls understand that I need help, I can't do it alone.

I did manage to get all of the baby's clothes and diapers washed, now I need to get the blankets out and wash them so I can pack baby's hospital bag, and I should probably start packing mine as well - I'm totally unmotivated though

#12 ·
I'm still here too!! I am just over 37 weeks, and I don't have many contractions...all my others were born at about 39 weeks or 40 weeks, but since I have Gestational Diabetes this time, who knows???

I'm getting very uncomfortable too; my pubic bone feels like it's broken sometimes, YIKES!!

#13 ·
CajunMama, whenever I am about to complain about my heavy stomach, I am going to think of you first! That's wonderful that they are both gaining so well.

Good luck on Wednesday, savannah smiles!! I'll be thinking of you.

I'm at 36 weeks tomorrow. I'm enjoying having some time to myself before baby arrives, but am having trouble getting myself motivated to get stuff done! The days seem to just go by, and I've still got lots to do! At least the time doesn't seem to be dragging (yet!).

I've just started getting comments from strangers in public, and they are mostly "oh my goodness, you are so SMALL" when they find out how soon I'm due. It's getting on my nerves - I know they don't mean harm, but they all get this concerned look on their face, like there is something wrong with my baby. Even last night, my MIL said "did you hear about so-and-so's baby? She went full term, and was only 4 pounds 5 ounces!" Luckily my partner said right away, "if you're worried about the size of our baby, please don't. Baby is doing very well!". Turns out she is worried, and hadn't expressed it until now. I haven't gained as much as many people do, but my doctor is totally pleased with both my size and the baby's. Surprisingly, no one has "blamed" this on my vegetarian diet...not yet, anyways!

I'm feeling pretty good, aside from not being able to sleep and a LOT of pain when I try to roll from one side to the other. Contractions are still pretty mild, and I get a few each hour, unless I do more physically (like today!), and then they seem almost constant for a while.

I would be really happy if I knew I only had about 3 weeks to go...but I should likely count on 5 or 6.

winn

#14 ·
Well, I am 38 weeks and 4 days here. Due the 2nd. Just today I am feeling really tired. I am not sleeping well at all at night and it is a major effort to go from one side to the other. I really just don't want the baby to come early! I would appreciate it if it would wait until my due date or past, but not too far past, lol. I have a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old and they are tiring me out. At least dh is doing the grocery shopping on his way home from work tonight! What a relief! Other than that I am having some contx every hour or so. Some of them make me sit down, so I feel that my body is preparing for birth. Oh and quite a bit of baby bouncing on my cervix, ouch. My last one went really fast, we were only at the hospital 17 minutes before she was born and now we live farther away from the hospital so I am wondering if this one will go quicker or the same? I have decided not to tell my mom about the waiting room issue (for those of you who read my thread) and am not worrying about it. I am not having her come and am not stressing about it. She will just have to deal with me "ruining her life" as she has told my sister, lol. Well, I guess that is about it. I am getting anxious to find out the gender and name, we have not decided on anything at all! We are just waiting. I go to the OB on Thursday when I will be 39 weeks and am looking forward to going for some reason...maybe it is because my girls will be with our wonderful friend and playing happily with her kids, so I will be alone! Ahh, peace and quiet! Boy am I tired, sorry this is so choppy sounding!

#15 ·
I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday, due February 8th. Starting to think that I will make it to the 8th or later, although I wouldn't object to having the baby sooner. We are having 15 windows replaced tomorrow though, so the baby needs to wait until that is finished and the house is at least semi-clean again!! I've been doing pretty well keeping up with the house, except for the laundry, but we've had a bunch of visitors and stuff so that helps motivate me.

We're doing pretty well on baby prep. I need to finish the gift for our doula, but the clothes and diapers are washed, baby gear is out of the basement and clean, and the carseat is installed. Now we are trying to focus on getting dd ready for the labor and birth, since it is actually close. She's obsessed with anything for the baby, like putting her dolls in the swing and stuff, so we are working on the idea of sharing things with the new baby. She talks about baby Caleb all the time and seems excited, I just hope it lasts after he comes home. She is getting more clingy with me now. Until last week she was such a daddy's girl - he had to do bedtime, he had to play dolls, etc. Now she is all about mommy, asking me to do bedtime, wanting to lay in my lap or have me carry her. It changed so suddenly I wondered if she sensed I was going into labor or something, but no labor signs yet.

I agreed to a cervical check when we were trying to figure out baby's position on Friday, still high and closed. Baby is finally head down, but seems to be posterior now. A week ago he was transverse so we are making progress. He's still moving around a ton, which makes me nervous. DD was wrapped up in her cord, twice around the neck and then around her chest, and was having big decels during labor. They kept threatening a section and it was stressful, I'd rather not go through it again. It seems the closer I get the more labor fears I have surfacing, I'm working on relaxing so that I don't end up holding up the labor mentally.

As for the physical stuff - I'm having tons of pressure and it's really annoying, I always feel like I need to poop but it's just baby. And I'm constantly leaking urine, despite the kegels and trying every bladder emptying technique I've read. My biggest complaint is that sleep is awful now. I remember this point with dd and not sleeping. I have trouble going to sleep and staying asleep for any period of time. DD doesn't nap, so no breaks during the day for me either. But I'm not swelling like with dd and my blood pressure is good, so I guess things are going pretty well overall. I'd love to just sit around all day but am forcing myself to go out each day for dd's sake.

#16 ·
how are we holding up? I have reached a point where I am ready to to firmly order my unborn babe to get out Other than that pretty good.

What is going great for us? Well my ds is sleeping all the way through the night, the baby is healthy and has a strong heart beat
What is not so great? Leaking urine, swelling feet, hands, face, unable to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.
For those of us with children on the outside already, how is that going? Are you doing any final things to prepare your dc(s) for new siblings/birth? I don't think my ds understands that there is a baby in mommies tummy, he doesn't seem to understand that at any time we are going to have a baby and he is going to have a sister Everytime we see a small baby I tell him we are going to have one of those soon, he doesn't seem to understand it I feel bad for the little guy, I'm hoping I can tandem so it will ease the transition.
How are the final preparations coming? Well I have most the baby clothes and blankets washed an put away. We packed all our hosptial bags for the hospital. Prodromal labor? It goes
and then they leave and then come back... i wish I could be sure they were real contractions. But I will know when I know.

#17 ·
Still pregnant and very uncomfortable. I will be 37 weeks on wednesday. Last Thursday i was measuring at 39 weeks. I am so miserable and ready for this little guy to come on home.

I have contractions that i feel all the way up my back. I have had them everyday since Saturday before last. So i have given up hope that they will ever get any stronger.
I have a spot at the top of my stomach that feels raw like a burn and itches constantly. My right side is constantly in pain and feels bruised.

I have been having lots of discharge but on Friday i had a huge glob in my underwear. It looked just like when i lost my mucous plug with my first. No blood yet, but i didn't with the others until i was in active labor.

My prescription for Ambien has run out and i decided not to fill it again. I figure i could have the baby and then be out of pocket all the money it cost to fill the prescription. I had trouble sleeping the first couple of nights, but since then i have managed to fall asleep at night and sleep hard. I also nap during the day whenever i can.

I am dilated to 3cm and the pressure/pain on my cervix is very painful. I walk so much like a very very slow penguin that even i have to laugh at myself. I am so anxious to have this baby but i'm sure now I will be waiting for a few more weeks.........driving my family insane with my grumpiness.

#18 ·
Definitely still pregnant here!
Will be 39 weeks on Wednesday. DD was born at 39 wks 1 day so I was convinced this one would be earlier, like last Friday or Saturday. Not!!

What's going well is that I'm VERY prepared. I'm usually a terrible procrastinator but for some odd reason worked my butt (and my DH's butt) off getting everything set early for this baby, who of course I thought might be here by now. But now I'm getting irritated, looking at all the diapers neatly folded, the birth tub taking up half the living room, and thinking, "when? when?" So that's the downside of advance preparation, though I'm *trying* very hard to see it positively and appreciate and enjoy these last days of pregnancy. Today was pretty good, I'm feeling more open and at peace to whatever happens...as long as I don't go past my due date, LOL, which is as far as I'm able to see myself coping right now (though I'm sure I will manage if...).

I'm very healthy - blood pressure, urine, etc. have been checking out great. How I'm *feeling* is like my ankles and lower legs are swollen and throbbing, like my baby's going to practically fall out while I'm peeing or waddling around, like my lower back is compressed between layers of concrete, and like I can barely move. My mood is alternating between quite good and really dismal, depending on the moment.

Baby is very low and my belly is large, so I can no longer be in public without EVERYbody staring at me. People have also been telling me how "great" I look for being due anytime - which is probably just to make me feel better - but hey, I'll take it. If I'm going to feel crappy, then I'm happy to have everyone lie and pretend like I don't look that way, LOL!

DD is ready to be a big sister, or ready as she'll ever be. She's 9 days shy of her 5th birthday and being quite patient about the whole baby-will-be-here-soon thing. We talk a lot about what it'll be like when the baby comes, and what her "jobs" will be. She's got a disposable Hello Kitty camera to take pics at the birth and gets to check/announce the gender, so she's very excited. When I'm not irritable (which is frequently!) I've been feeling so loving toward DD, unable to believe how big she is and that our time as a family of 3 is almost over. Hard to believe such a big change is coming soon and that she anticipates it in such a big-girl way.

Carol

#19 ·
I'm 35w tomorrow. It's great to read everyone's posts...to see how everyone is doing and to hear similar complaints/concerns from others.
I am doing okay. I wasn't sleeping well last week but realized it was because I was going to bed too late (after midnight) and waking up early.

I had a second meeting with my birth doula yesterday and am so glad I chose her. I think she will be a great advocate at the birth. Tonight I interviewed a postpartum doula and she also seemed like she too could be a positive presence after the birth. I know I will need some postpartum help (we already have a little boy, two doggies, and a big house, and really no relatives around to help after this baby is born) but it was hard to ask for help! To say, I am going to get help for this exciting yet demanding time in my life. Dh has been really encouraging me to find some help. I wish he could take a month of family leave off from work but he can't. I know someone whose husband is taking 3 months off--wow!

I got a ton of the baby's clothes, blankets, burp cloths, bibs, etc. washed and put away and the bassinet is clean. I'd like to do a few more little household organization projects before this baby gets here.

About other children on the outside already: I have had mixed feelings about having another baby, only because I was worried about how my son would deal with not being "the only" (he's 32 months). But my birth doula said something very comforting--how, for most of my son's future life, his memory will be of having a sibling, and that kids are resilient. I found it reassuring. My son and I have talked about this baby all along and I have to admit ds seems pretty positive about a new baby. He had come with me to all of my prenatal OB visits and enjoys them. But we will see.

I had terrible pelvic/pubic bone pain yesterday morning but it went away.
Tons of contractions, some painful, some not, but no regular rhythm.

Winnie mentioned frustration at hearing comments about the baby being so small. Isn't that frustrating? It just is not affirming. Ds was big (over 9 lbs) and my sister was mentioning if this baby is much bigger than that then I might need a c-section. Um, I don't think that's true. Conversely, for the first 2 trimesters I got anxious questions from my mil about whether I and the baby were gaining enough weight. I just want people to butt out of our business.
On that note, I'll end this post.

#20 ·
Still 36 weeks here this week. It is getting really, really hard to work 32 hrs. a week w/a toddler at home, but I am determined to do this.

I am this weird combination of feeling incredibly driven to get stuff ready for this new baby (note - I have done virtually nothing. Just washed a few outfits and got the changing table ready) but also I am incredibly lazy. What this means is that I lay around feeling stressed out about all of the things I should be doing!! No bag packed for the hospital, no diapers ready for the new one, house is a mess, etc., etc. It makes me cry here just thinking about it.

#21 ·
About 36 weeks here, definatly still pregnant. I told myself all along that this time I was not going to get hung up on the due date (2/19) that instead I would see it as the end of Feb. and that would in theory make going past due easier. I had such a hard time going over 9 days with dd. But here I am at the end thinking a little less than 4 weeks left! I try and catch myself and say it could still be 5 or 6 weeks but that just seems so long.

I am really struggling with work. We need the money, as neither of us gets any paid leave, but it is getting so hard! I just don't know where the balance is in taking care of myslef physically and emotionally and financially. Unfortunatly I don't think there is a clearly right answer.

As for being prepared, I feel ok about my lack of preparedness
. I think because I still have at least a few weeks left, I feel ok about it. And I know that really if baby came tommorow it would be ok. We do have our home visit this Thursday and I am really excited about that. It feels good to be in the clear for being at home!

I think that Sonja is as prepared as she can be. I am undecided about her being at the birth. I know that she would do great, I am more worried about how her being there will affect me and labor. We have been talking more and more about how things will be different when the baby is here and she seems ok with that. I just hope that she is still ok with the reality.

I am having some contractions every day, some days more than others. My biggest issue right now is my lack of sleep! I am so tired all the time, but I can't seem to sleep when I actually go to bed!
:

Cajunmama-Hang in there! It is awsome that you have made it this far! What a great start for those little ones to have so much time to grow inside of you! That is an amazing amount of baby to be carrying! Wow!

Savannah Smiles-I will be thinking of you on Weds. Good Luck!

#22 ·
Yup I'm 37 weeks today. I hear you on not knowing how to balance the work, toddler, taking care of yourself thing. I also do not get any paid leave so I really need to work until I can't work. But I just don't care about it anymore!
This week we are interviewing some candidates for temping for me (all of whom I had to find, hey I'm leaving I don't care who you get in here!) I still don't have stuff to fill my pool with. I can't sleep until it's like 5am and then I have to get up and get ready for work. Annika has STOPPED sleeping through the night and wants to nurse all the time but she's changed her latch and her teeth are killing me! Whenever I take a step with my right leg I get terrible pain in my lower back, sometimes it almost makes me sit right back down. But I'm so not ready! I too am undecided about Annika at the birth. All along, I've thought she should be there but she has turned into such a momma's girl I'm a little worried about if she really should be there..... That then turns into do I want my mom there (She would be the absolute best person to take care of Annika but I don't know how that would be).......

I don't really feel that bad other than not being able to bend over, do anything, etc.

I haven't gotten the bassinet out, washed any baby clothes, good greif I really should get going.

Hang in there ladies.

Nikki

#23 ·
I also told myself in the very beginning I wouldnt get hung up on the due date and obsess about the weeks. Yet here I am doing it again. I guess thats just one of those things you cant stop yourself from doing...
and I think this is seeming so much longer because my last 2 babies were induced at 38 weeks(which is on Thursay) and the one before that came on his own at 37w5d. So waiting out these last 2 weeks is really gonna kill me!

#24 ·
37 weeks on Thursday. My biggest complaint has to be Dh not being sensitive enough to my needs or me just needing to stop for a moment before getting something done around the house. Men are so insensitive and have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Clue what hard work it is to carry a baby to term. My second biggest complaint is how stinking hard it is to put my socks and shoes on for work every morning. Talk about a workout

I opted out of the MW apt. this week. Just didn't see the need since baby and I have been so great as far as pregnancy stuff go's. Baby still moves so much, all across the belly. Quite entertaining.

Prepared: Well kinda. I felt much more prepared with my other two but also felt more anxious at this point. I have my nessasary home/water birth supplies now and had the home visit last Wed. but havn't done much of anything else to prepare and it is helping me not feel in such a hurry to have this little baby. Anything after 38 weeks is welcomed by me, but looking forward to just watching God's handywork as I don't do anything to bring on the big event.

What do I look forward to most each week: 2 things! DH's day off on Wednesdays when I get to take a shower or bath BY MYSELF. No kids allowed. So relaxing and rejuvenating. And Tuesday's when I see my chiropractor.

Lot's of pressure and contrax and mucus, but I have learned that every labor is different so the signs don't mean much to me. Just excited.

#25 ·
My hubby finds it quite funny to watch me get dressed... We went out last weekend and I wanted to wear my "cute" shoes... I went to put them on and my feet were too swollen... Then I went to put my "cute" coat on... Of course I couldnt get that zipped either... I guess it's to be expected... I just can't wait to be able to wear my cute clothes. argh!!! Has anyone else been silly like me and tried to wear stuff that obviously doesnt fit? I had put most of the clothes in the back of the closet so I wouldnt have to look at them... but soon enough we'll be back into our "cute" clothes

#26 ·
Well, I'm obviously not still pg, but am anxiously awaiting Joey's discharge. The doc had said maybe tomorrow, but then she had a breathing "spell" the other night so we may have to wait another week (she has to be 7 days without one). I feel totally unprepared, even though I've had so much time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.