Pins and needles?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-30-2006, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, please tell me I'm not the only one with TERRIBLE pins and needles in my hands??? A midwife told me this was normal and yet another symptom related to the surplus of blood circulating in our veins. Every night, I can't find a comfy position that doesn't put both arms and hands asleep to the point of being painful sometimes! And one hand doesn't even get back to normal in the day, its been partially "asleep" for about 3 weeks :
Voila! That's my GRIPE of the day!!!!
#2 of 6 Old 01-30-2006, 11:57 AM

I had this same thing really bad with my 2nd DD. Driving the car became very difficult as my hands would fall asleep withing min. and then get the painful pins and needles feeling you are describing. I wore my moms carpel tunnel hand braces at night and that helped some but basically I just had to wait to have the baby for it to resolve.
So yes, it's very common and normal, but no theres not a whole lot you can do. So sorry mamma.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#3 of 6 Old 01-30-2006, 12:41 PM

Oh YES!!! For almost 6 weeks now I have NOOO feeling ever in my right fingers, plus I can't use my hand properly because I can't close it without major pain. 2 weeks ago it started in my left. My mw said it is normal also, I tried hydrotherapy, 3 min water as hot as you can stand, 1 min, as cold as posiible, repeat 3 times, immerse your hand. It didn't do anything to me, but maybe it helps you
It is the most annoying thing, typing sucks, that is why I leaving now. Good luck, and it will be over soon. (I hope this goes away very soon after birth because I have no idea how to hold my babe safely).
Liane

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#4 of 6 Old 01-30-2006, 01:02 PM

yep here is another crowd I will join in on. I wake up with pins and needles in both hands, if I type to long or hold them in certain positions they go all tingly too. Annoying!
#5 of 6 Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

How nice to know that I'm not a mutant of nature
So, we wait!!!
Thanks ladies!!
#6 of 6 Old 01-30-2006, 02:32 PM

Yes, I've had this for a couple fo months. It's worse at night when my whole arms are affected.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page