Garrr! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-30-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Font colour: Default Dark Red Red Orange Brown Yellow Green Olive Cyan Blue Dark Blue Indigo Violet White Black Font size: Tiny Small Normal Large Huge Close Tags

DH's command has told him that they won't even give him vacation time to be with me before the baby is born.They keep saying we'll fly you home when she calls, but with my last being 2 hrs. that does me no good( he'll be way out of state and Red Cross isn't reliable when it comes to getting messages through from my experience).Why doesn't anyone understand?I need someone here before I go into labor, there are oodles of people lined up to help after the baby is here thats the easy part.Grrr! Yet again I am faced with no one believing that this baby is coming soon, last time everyone focused on the danged due date and I was left to have the baby alone because of course no one got there in time, this sucks!
Now my only choice is to be dramatic and come up with some fake problem that will get me admitted to L&D so that they would be complete jerks if they told him he had to leave but not so bad that I actually get induced earlier than is good for Little Bit unless I actually do go into labor.So far my fluid levels have been going down every appt.( which ups the chances of being induced by next week) and my contractions are getting worse and Little Bit is so low I feel like I am carrying a balloon between my legs.I also have sicatic pains so bad that I fell down the stairs in front of my house when it came during a contraction, lovely.
well off to come up with somethingt hat will keep DH home at an inconvenient time for the Navy. :
Thanks for reading my vent, if you have any convincing ideas let me know.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#2 of 3 Old 01-30-2006, 10:20 PM

No convincing ideas. Just wanted to offer (((hugs))). I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all this just to try and get dh to be there with you for the birth. It should not have to be so hard!
#3 of 3 Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 AM

Nothing but *hugs* to you mama. I'm getting so frustrated reading how well the military treats familes. : Best of luck on tricking them!!

Mama to our nose-in-a-book Autumn (6) & our old soul Molly (4)
Imaginative, fun jewelry & photography Shenandoah Sunshine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page