How much movement are you feeling? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just at the doctor yesterday, and everything is fine with baby, so I'm not super concerned - but I hate how little movement I'm feeling now. For the past week or more, there is a real change. I used to feel movement at all different times of the day, and they were great big kicks in the ribs, big rollovers, etc. Now I occassionally get a little squirm here or there. I do realize there is less room in there, but I wish I felt more! It was always reassuring that baby was doing well.

How have baby's movements changed for you?

winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#2 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 PM

Same here - no much except those #@$@ hiccups!! Worst when I'm trying to sleep. This kid has some serious hiccup issues.
#3 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 07:53 PM

LOL mine is totally hiccupy too! And really it mostly happens when I'm trying to go to sleep. She is lined up kinda crooked in my belly so I feel her feet over on my right side a lot and she pushes her butt over to the left, but those are the only 2 motions. Don't worry mama, there's just less room for squirming!
#4 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 08:54 PM

Well, I'm still feeling a lot of movement -- big kicks and a fair amount of rolling around. Maybe it's because I've been going to the chiropractor regularly, or maybe because I have a stretchier uterus this time around, or maybe I just have a smaller baby this time. Who knows?

Nealy

Mama to Thales, 12/9/02
Baby Lydia, EDD 2/28/06
#5 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 10:05 PM

I am a lot bigger with this pregnancy than my first. Movements have definitely declined over the past few weeks...but baby is doing great each week at my midwife appt. Usually if I get worried (I remember feeling this way at the end of my 1st pregnancy too) I either poke her until she moves or drink or eat something & try to stay still enough until she moves.
#6 of 10 Old 02-03-2006, 10:16 PM

Hiccups here too, right before sleep.She doesnt' move that much at times I get worried and drink some apple juice or something just to get a reaction so I can ease my mind.
#7 of 10 Old 02-04-2006, 12:26 AM

During the day I barely feel her, but at night when I lay down for bed she sticks her feet up under my ribs and bounces from side to side

With my daughter I barely felt anything from 34 weeks on. She was born at 36 weeks and was perfectly healthy. Try drinking some juice and laying on your side for a bit and see if it doesn't wake the wee one up. Or you can always be mean and poke around until they poke back

Mama to our nose-in-a-book Autumn (6) & our old soul Molly (4)
Imaginative, fun jewelry & photography Shenandoah Sunshine
#8 of 10 Old 02-04-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm still feeling a lot of movement -- big kicks and a fair amount of rolling around. Maybe it's because I've been going to the chiropractor regularly, or maybe because I have a stretchier uterus this time around, or maybe I just have a smaller bab
Me too! Still lots of movement, and even big movement. I have not been seeing a chiropraractor though. I am wondering if this means maybe a smaller baby. The movement that is there is more uncomfortable for me than it was several weeks ago, that is for sure.
#9 of 10 Old 02-04-2006, 05:16 PM

I definitely have had a movement slow down. The other day I was forced to eat two (small) bowls of chocolate ice cream in order to convince the baby to move around. Before that though, the baby was moving from LOA to ROA and back again every day or so. And now the baby seems to be settled LOA, and the movement I am feeling is feet under rib cage, and either hands or head is up against my cervix. Hopefully it is just a grinding head, but dd was a little stuck when she was born with her hand above her head, so I am kind of worried about that happening again.
#10 of 10 Old 02-04-2006, 05:47 PM

I'm at 36 weeks and measuring 40 - I was feeling tons of movements until yesterday, now suddenly yesterday and today there has been hardly anything at all and I"m starting to worry about it. I'm going to call the doctor on call in a little bit and see if they can help alleviate my worries. I never had much of a decrease in activity with my previous pregnancies, they all moved like crazy until they were born

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page