Natural Labor Inducer Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-05-2006, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay I am desperate to find something to put me in labor before tomorrow night when I am scheduled for a c-section.

What can I get?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#2 of 14 Old 02-05-2006, 03:26 PM

What worked for me was castor oil. I put 1.5 ounces in a glass with some orange juice and vanilla icecream and blended it up (to make it easier to get down). Baby was born 5 hours later.

My sister drank hers straight (YUCK!!) and her babe was born 12 hours later.

I did try it with my son and it didn't do squat so it isn't 100% or anything but if I was facing another c-section I would do it in a heartbeat (DD was my VBAC).

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#3 of 14 Old 02-05-2006, 04:59 PM

I treid blue and balck cohash with no luck. I would try the casto oil. If you type natural labor induction or something to that effect in on the search engine youll get a ton of info. HTH and good luck mama!
#4 of 14 Old 02-05-2006, 05:27 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I have a c-section in a week and a half and would love to start labor before hand.
#5 of 14 Old 02-05-2006, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
besides those already mentioned--walking, sex (prostaglandins in semen ripen the cervix), nipple stimulation (even hook yourself up to a pump), acupressure points (on inner ankle), evening primrose oil taken vaginally (also ripens the cervix).

Good luck!!!

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014.
#6 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 AM

My midwife said that eating a lot of protein will often get labor moving and eating omega 3 fatty acids will help ripen the cervix (she suggested a protein shake with 2-3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil). I also read that eating basil and oregano can do the trick.
#7 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 12:43 AM

I did the castor oil thing to. Vanilla ice cream, a little milk, and two kinds of berries (that's what I got...not required raspberry and blueberry are divine) mixed in the blender. THEN add the castor oil. I barely ever noticed it and when I did it's cause I sat there and didn't swallow right away. I took it at 10:30 and by 2 I was in labour.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#8 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 12:56 AM

Why do you have to show up for c/sec and can't wait to go into labor? Am I missing something?
#9 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

This was going to be a VBAC. My OB won't induce me and doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks. So, if we waited and took a chance to 41 weeks, and I didn't go in labor I would be getting a c-section next Monday. Thing of it is my inlaws are here right now and will leave on the 15th. I wouldn't have any help coming home from the hospital (taking care of our son) if I did that.

I have thought lots about this. This is a different hospital than I had my son in. Baby stays with Mom the whole time...from birth to recovery to the PP room. In fact they don't have a nursery. They will also get her latched in Recovery within the hour of giving birth. With the hospital I had my son at I didn't get him for almost 3 hours! Then we had problems and BF failed.

I don't want that to happen. I have LC's at the hospital all ready lined up to help me make this work.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#10 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 PM

As well as taking Castor oil internally you can make a warm castor oil pack and put it on you lower abdomen- spread oil onto lower belly, place warm damp rag over it for about 20 min. Then again, I did all the previously mentioned things in this thread and DS still came 18 days late .
Oh- another thing you can do is sit on an exersize ball and bounce with legs apart to help open up your hips. I feel for you- Come on li'l baby get labor going!!!! :

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#11 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 PM

Everyone has great ideas for this. What I did? I walked a mile or two...with another person of course (and a cell phone!)......and S*X .........and I did some quiet meditation to be good to my body and let my precious one know we were waiting with warm, loving arms!

Good luck! Peace & Blessings!
Kelly
#12 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 01:32 PM

Anne--

You've already gotten lots of great suggestions and I'm sending all kinds of labor vibes your way. One thing that really helped me while I was in labor (induced) with dd w/ a c-section looming was to really focus on the cervix opening/dilating --from a passage I had read in Ina May's guide to childbirth. I think that really helped me relax into the last part of labor.

Best of luck to you, mama!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#13 of 14 Old 02-07-2006, 02:04 AM

Black Cohash/Red Raspberry capsules is working for me tonight I'll keep you posted!!
#14 of 14 Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page