My birth Story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-13-2006, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Went in to be induced Monday, 8am. After putting the dr off for almost 2 weeks, I was ready to just do it. My blood pressure was still up and I felt so crappy, it was worrying me.

I had my water broken at about 9am, about 4 cm dilated. This was at a freestanding birth center. I had 1 nurse to take care of just me, no one else was there, we had the whole place to ourselves. Eric(7yo) went to school, so we had Jack(2 ) and Camille(4) with us. I hung out on the birth ball in the family room, kids played. Had lunch, had a few piddly contractions, but nothing really.

By 3pm, no real contrax, but some cervical changes. Took one 25mcg oral dose of cytotec. more piddly contrax, a bit of change. No pain, just hanging out. My hubby took the kids home for awhile, picked up Eric from school. I took a second 25 dose around 6pm I think. Finally, around 7pm, I was checked and was almost 7cm. So I piddled around all day, with pretty much no contrax, but made it to 7cm! LOL

Contrax started to get painful around 7:20, although stillmild. Thats when Jack started to get restless, so Scott took Jack and Camille to walmart to buy Camille a birthday present, since her b-day was the next day. Thats when my contrax picked up, when they were gone. Eric was there with me, reading from a bird book, and I was starting to not be able to pay attention to him at all. He was asking what a word was in the book, and he spelled it to me, and I had no clue.. LOL

Scott and kids come back, and I immedietly go back to my room as things were getting harder to deal with, this was about 7:45, almost 8, I think.

My nurse tells me to get in the tub, but i dont want to, as I am afraid I will be in there too long and get uncomfortable. I figure I have awhile to go. I have a few contrax sitting on the bed, then I go to the toilet to pee, and the pressure is awful! I cant pee. Nurse finally convinces me to get in the tub. I am almost complete, except for some cervix on one side, so she has me lay on my side in the tub. Camille and jack take turns pouring water on me with a cup. Every time I have a contrax, I start yelling :"more water, more water". LOL

My nurse tells me it sounds like its time to push, so go ahead if I feel like it. The dr comes at that point, and just kneels there by the tub, waiting on me. I push a bit, but not really trying, and before I know it, my body is pushing and I cant stop. God, the pressure on my butt was AWFUL. I felt like I couldnt catch my breath, and the nurse got in my face and told me yes, I could breath, even when I felt like I couldnt.
The head comes out and my body is still pushing and the pressure on my butt is so bad, that hurt more than anything, my butt! Then the dr says to push, seriously, to hold my breath and push. At that point, I figure he means it and push like hell and scream at the top of my lungs and out she pops!

I was just so emotionally relieved, I started shaking and crying and just couldnt believe I had a baby on me! I stayed in the tub awhile holding her, she looked tiny to me, but everyone said she looked big.

When Scott cut the cord, he splattered blood everywhere. LOL His shirt, his face, and the picture on the wall behind him! He took the baby while I got out of the tub and onto the bed to deliver the placenta. Dr said it was a big placenta and a long cord. A superficial tear that needed no stitches. I feel pretty good, it doesnt hurt down there at all except for my butt still! LOL

Eric told me Camille wasnt there when the baby was born, but she was. all the kids were standing around. Scott did his job and got some great pics(in my gallery). Jack looked totally confused. It was so cute.

It was a great birth. Exactly how all my other births went, sit around doing nothing, then get it over with! My nurse kept saying what a beautiful birth it was, she loved watching us as a family, and she was so impressed with the dr for being so patient(something you dont see from an ob much).

So Ruby Claire was born at 8:33 pm, She was 7 lb 11 oz, 20 inches long.
I cant believe she's here. This pregnancy went pretty fast for me. I already forgot what it felt like to be pregnant. Silly me, already feeling sad about that, since this will be our last baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 01:28 AM

Congrats on the wonderful birth and new baby girl!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:37 AM

Congrats! this will be my last too.What a wonderful birth story.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Old 02-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Glad it turned out so well and you didn't have any mishaps with the cytotec. That is scary stuff--had a bad experience with it myself

Welcome Ruby! How great your kids got to be there too

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 5 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014, ectopic loss @ 6 weeks 11/2014
Old 03-09-2006, 05:05 PM

A very belated congratulations! I love her name. I'm glad the labor went so well, and how beautiful to have your whole family around you. Awesome!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:32 PM

What a wonderful birth story! I'm so glad it went so well for you!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 PM

Amazing stroy. Very neat that your whole family could be there and participate!

User Tag List