So what the heck? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, so most Dr's and information says that BH increase in frequency in late pg. but still usually won't occur more than 4-6/hour or more than 10-15 min. apart. Also, that BH willl subside with change in activity or rest or something. Okay, right, anyway...

So why the heck can't I have a darn LABOR contraction? > My BH are CONSTANTLY coming hours throughout the day, and more during activity than rest. They aren't labor contractions as even though I can have like 15 an hour, they still aren't constant throughout the day (like I'll go a couple hours without noticing any and then get them again for an hour or two). Also, I notice them less when I'm sitting or resting (but I still catch a few here and there, enough to track about one every 10-15 min). They also don't increase in intensity (some are "tighter" than others, but not painful) and only seem to last for about 15 sec. for the most part. Oh yeah, and last but not least, I know they aren't doing anything to my cervix- I'm not more effaced or dilated than I was last Thur. Not to mention this pattern has kinda been going on since Sat.

Here's my log from the last hour- it's ridiculous!
7:33
7:45
7:50
7:53
7:56
7:57
8:00
8:05
8:07
8:16
8:18
8:22
8:25
8:41

How annoying is that? I mean, at this point, just GIVE ME THE DANG PAINFUL CONTRACTIONS THAT WILL TAKE ME SOMEWHERE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 02:32 AM

Mine were 1.5-2 minutes apart for a few days before I had her. I tried to time them, but I couldnt tell when one started and stopped.. I thought it was hard to tell.... you probably are having them more than you think, but they are just hard to identify if that makes sense?
#3 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Well that's encouraging to hear, seeing how this is my 3rd day of this pattern!! Do you think it may mean something positive? I sure as heck hope so.
#4 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 11:36 AM

I've been having them for weeks, and, like kritzy, can't tell where one starts and another stops. Sometimes I go for hours with what seems like one constant contraction. They seem to be brought on by movement. I can only do about 5 pelvic rocks before one comes on. Mine aren't painful either, but if I'm walking they can almost make me double over from the tightening. I mostly feel them towards the top of my uterus. Maybe that means they're helping to squeeze the baby out (like you do with the toothpaste ). I havent' kept track of how often I get them. I mostly focus on relaxing and releasing my abdomen when one comes on, practicing for the real thing.

Mama to dd 2/06 and ds 12/09
#5 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 11:36 AM

I've been having so many BH contractions for weeks, but they're always pretty regular - at some points will be 5 mins apart for hours, or 8 mins apart for hours etc.

This morning I think I woke up with something different though. I'm actually in pain!! I've sent hubby off to work but he'll be calling in an hour to get an update. Contrax seem to be about 6 mins apart now, and I actually have to concentrate through them. Who knows, could be a valentine's baby???

winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#6 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 11:38 AM

ohohohoho!!! Winn, I hope it's the real thing for you. You've been having the slow build-up for so long. I'll be thinking of you today!!!!

Mama to dd 2/06 and ds 12/09
#7 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 01:18 PM

Thanks Heather. Hmm...I'm not sure what's going on really. Still having much more painful contractions, but they are getting less regular. Then again I just had a bath, maybe that slowed things down. Gotta get moving!

Boy I hope this is it, but I can also just see it fading away again.... :

winn

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#8 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 03:13 PM

They ARE doing something. I had an almost identical pattern of BH during my last pregnancy, and your frustration is understandable. However--once I did go into labor, my cervix was SO ready to efface and dilate!! My OB said it was probably because of all the BH.

Wishing you a smooth labor!! The BH are helping, trust me!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#9 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma

They ARE doing something. I had an almost identical pattern of BH during my last pregnancy, and your frustration is understandable. However--once I did go into labor, my cervix was SO ready to efface and dilate!! My OB said it was probably because of all the BH.

Wishing you a smooth labor!! The BH are helping, trust me!
What if I'm already 80% effaced and 2 cm? (been stuck there for weeks) I feel like there's not much more that can happen unless I'm really in labor. Guess I'm just getting tired of waiting.

I'm glad to hear they were a good sign for you, though!!! I hope I can soon say the same.
#10 of 11 Old 02-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Sorry you've been experiencing this. I have to wonder if that baby isn't going to just come out lickety split after all that prep work your body's doing?! Continue to drink lots of water and get lots of rest and it won't be long now....

Carol
#11 of 11 Old 03-01-2006, 06:44 PM

I'm just curious if you are okay and if you've had your baby yet. I was lurking and read a few posts from you,but haven't seen you around for a while...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page