I'm in labor~Updated - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2006, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night at about 5:30, my mw came over for a visit. While I was sitting on the couch with her, I thought I started peeing, so I went to the bathroom. I found that my plug came out, and I was leaking a lot of af. I managed to sleep most of the night, waking up every 1/2 hr or so to contractions. Now I have been having them about 25 min. apart, lasting for over a minute. Every now and then, I have a bunch close together. Things seem to be moving slowly at this point. I am taking my temp. every four hours, just to be on the lookout for infection. I'll let you all know when something more progressive starts happening!

It's been a long day! I am now having pretty hard contrax about 6 1/2min. apart, lasting over a minute. I will fill the tub at 5 min., and call the mw at 4min.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 09:22 PM

Yeah!!!! How are you doing now? Any updates? I sure hope you're holding your sweet little bundle soon!!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:48 PM

I hope everything is going well. My first labor progressed slowly and so I know how draining it can be. I hope you are holding your baby soon!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:00 PM

Yaaahhh! You will have your little one in no time!! Cant wait to hear the birth story!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:57 PM

Hopefully by now you are holding your little one in your arms! I am glad that you were able to at least sleep most of Sat. night, sounds like you needed that rest for a long Sunday.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:35 PM

Good luck, fellow homebirther!

Mama to dd 2/06 and ds 12/09
Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ugggg....still in labor. I was doing pretty good, but I think my body got worn down, and it stalled. I managed to sleep for a good hour and a half early this am, and now contractions seem stronger and more regular. My mw will be here soon to check on me, and hopefully give me a pep talk. I knew labor would be hard work, but I didn't think mine would last this long! Thanks for all the warm wishes.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
Old 02-20-2006, 04:37 PM

Warm wishes...hang in there! Rest all you can and get plenty of fluid and some food; a tired body will "unstall" best if you stop and refuel. Soon you'll be holding your sweet baby!

Carol

User Tag List