#1 of 18 Old 02-23-2006, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is your body recovering?

Is baby fussy or relatively content?

How are you feeling emotionally?

Is your life starting to feel "normal"?

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition?

Mama to dd 2/06 and ds 12/09
#2 of 18 Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

I was feeling better the first few days than I am now. I guess the addrenline wore off. Yesterday I could hardly walk, and I was engorged and feverish. I'm feeling much better today, but my private parts are sore and itchy.

We keep Sylvia swaddled most of the time. It helps SO MUCH! When ger arms bust out of her blanket she cries, but as soon as we re-swaddle her with her arms tight to her body she's a happy camper.

Like I said, the addrenline has worn off. I'm doing much better today, but yesterday and the day before I couldnt look at little Sylvia without crying.

Dh and I are both starting to get the hang of this baby thing. We'll see what happens when he goes back to work next week though.

My cat seems to be handling this quite well. She even slept in bed with us for a while the other night.

#3 of 18 Old 02-23-2006, 08:02 PM

My body is doing great. There is still slight soreness down there, but not too bad.

DD is great! She gets a bit fussy when she passes gas, but other than that she's a sweetheart! She already loves her bath. If she wants to stay awake, she gets fussy if she's swaddled. If she wants to sleep she gets fussy when she's not swaddled... go figure!

We am still in love! Definately not ready to do it all over again, but we are enjoying the little feet and little hands.

I can't believe how great it is to be able to do the things I couldnt do while I was pregnant. The only thing that isn't "normal" is the food I eat. I'm having a hard time picking which food is making her gassy! I've been having to cut even more out of my diet than I did when I was preg. Mamas will do anything for their babes so, it makes it all better when she doesnt cry!!

Our dog is doing much better. At first he was confused... Now he likes to come over and sniff her. He isnt allowed to touch her though.

I have to admit, he had one run in with a diaper!! ewwwwww!! Who would have thought he would get one out of the trash and find something edible in there??
#4 of 18 Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 PM

My body feels pretty good. I was so happy that I didn't even have one little tear.

She has been really good. We are having some nipple trouble, but we are working on that.

I feel good, happy with being a new mom!

It feels different still. I stay near the bed most of the day, and getting used to doing things with a baby is challenging.

Our pets seem good-they are just kinda tripped out.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#5 of 18 Old 02-23-2006, 11:02 PM

~ I'd say I'm fully recovered at this point. I'm 4 weeks out from delivering but it was a quick and easy birth that I bounced back from pretty fast. My pp bleeding ended right at 3 weeks so I'm happy about that!

~ Relatively content. At 4 weeks, she's spending more time being alert and it's fun to see more glimpses of her personality. She does have reflux issues so she can be a real grump sometimes. I realized today that I should do all nursing sessions lying down since that eases my overactive letdown (and her reflux) so she's been much more mellow today.
~ Pretty good. The adjusment has been easy overall.

~ It's getting there. Having 2 kiddos means I have to learn new ways to do old things. For example, my dd1 wanted to go to McDonaldsn (I know, I know!) for lunch yesterday to go to the play area and I realized I had no idea how I would managed to carry a baby *and* a tray of food back to the play area.

~ Savannah is doing great as an older sister. It's me she's being difficult with, lol! Nothing major, just taking a looooooooong time to do the simplest tasks because she knows it drives me nuts.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#6 of 18 Old 02-23-2006, 11:39 PM

How is your body recovering? Really, really well! The first few days my muscles were really sore and I was dizzy from losing a lot of blood. But, once that went away, I felt a lot better!

Is baby fussy or relatively content? If I walk around with her, she's fine. She needs to be held constantly or she'll cry. She doesn't like a swing or a bouncy seat, unfortunately. So, getting a shower is difficult!!

How are you feeling emotionally?I'm still all over the place. I cry at the smallest things!!

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? Nope!! It's so hard to get out of the house!! I had gotten used to kids who got themselves into their shoes/jackets and into their car seats by themselves. It'll get easier as it warms up, I think!

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? Other kids are fine - they all want to hold her a lot. They also told me they want another baby!! The dog is great too.
#7 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 01:59 AM

How is your body recovering? Really well, so much better than with my first! I definitely need to start up with the kegels again, though - I can tell every time I sneeze or cough, I just feel like something's gonna fall out. I do have to make a concerted effort to take it easy at times, though, because I so don't feel like I had a baby just 8 days ago!

Is baby fussy or relatively content? Lauren is relatively content. She has really taken to my Maya Wrap, which is making it much easier for me to take care of Aubrey.

How are you feeling emotionally? Emotionally I am fine until Aubrey throws a horrid tantrum, then I get upset.

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? Sort of, we are trying to resume our routine of playing with friends and going to storytime, etc.

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? The cats mostly ignore her, and they know well enough to keep some distance if I've got her in the playpen or on the couch. Aubrey is a wonderful big sister, but is showing aggression towards me, dh and the cats more then before. Also, her tantrums have gotten worse. Nothing we can't deal with, but quite frustrating at times.

Rachel, married to Andy, mama to Aubrey, Lauren, Sasha, and *surprise* Baby #4, due November, 2011
#8 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 04:19 AM

How is your body recovering? This time is a lot slower then the past recoveries!! I am much more sore. I wonder if it is because this was my 3rd c-section...My back is killing me most days and I have some sore tummy from time to time but overall I think it is going okay for having my stomach cut open 3 weeks ago.

Is baby fussy or relatively content? Isabelle was fairly content for the first 2 1/2 weeks but now has a cry time every evening. Nothing we can't handle though!! She does pretty well in her bouncy seat.

How are you feeling emotionally? When I am over tired or my pain is up a little I am more touchy. I freaked out on the neighbor kids a few days ago and have been a little more weepy this week then I have been since she was born. But I am not near as touchy as I was after the other kids where I would cry at nothing!!!

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? I suppose as normal as it can be with a new person living in the house!! But ya I suppose so.

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? The boys LOVE their little sister and have to kiss or hug her every 45 seconds!!! They can't leave her alone and I think my 3 year old may be starting to realize if he wants me to do something for him in a timely manner he better not wake up the baby while I am doing it or he is likely never to get what he asked for!!
#9 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 05:42 PM

Great! I feel totally amazing considering I just pushed out a baby early Tues. morning. In fact, I almost wish I didn't feel so great because it is really hard to keep remembering to take it easy. I'm not sure how much of it is second baby stuff, or the fact that Nora weighed a pound and a half less than Zoe did, or the fact that she did not come out with her arm above her head, but my yoni isn't even sore.

So far she is pretty content, although she does have her days and nights pretty mixed up. At night she turns into a grunty little piglet and nurses and poops and grunts and fusses and wiggles all night long. It is sooo sweet.

How are you feeling emotionally? I feel great. I think I am one of those people who has such awful pregnancies that I just feel like a cloud has lifted now that I'm not pregnant. I feel human again.

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? Kind of. My mom is here to help out for two weeks, and I don't think that things will really feel normal until it is just us again.

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? Zoe is 2.5 and is doing great with Nora, and not so great with us. Lots of tantrums, tears, and general two year old behaviors. She is sooo sweet to her sister though, is super concerned when she cries, and tells her to open her mouth WIDE when she nurses. I think she has a great future as a lactation consultant. Our dogs are totally ignoring Nora, which is kind of funny. They were really interested in Zoe when she was a newborn, but maybe they realize now that babies are much more interesting when they start eating solids and throw food on the floor.
#10 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss
Great! I feel totally amazing considering I just pushed out a baby early Tues. morning. In fact, I almost wish I didn't feel so great because it is really hard to keep remembering to take it easy.
this is how i felt the first 4 days, then i crashed. i got afever when my milk came in, and felt like total crap for a day and a half. just a warning to anyone still pregnant. SLEEP, REST!!!!!!

#11 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmama
this is how i felt the first 4 days, then i crashed. i got afever when my milk came in, and felt like total crap for a day and a half. just a warning to anyone still pregnant. SLEEP, REST!!!!!!
I know! I keep telling myself this! My midwife gave me a long lecture about it yesterday, and made my mom promise to make sure I was resting. And just as I was typing this, my mom said, "Aren't you supposed to be taking a nap?" So, I'm off to bed.
#12 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 09:25 PM

How is your body recovering? OK, the section recovery is better than last time. Maybe because I know what to expect or maybe because a better dr performed the surgery. Either way, better for sure.

Is baby fussy or relatively content? She's a sleepy baby.

How are you feeling emotionally? This is the hardest part for me. The loss of my HBAC. I worked so damn hard for it too

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? No, not at all. DH and I were taking bets on how long it'll take for that to happen.

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? DS is not taking it well at all. I thought he'd adjust easily, as he had everything else in life, but no he's really struggling.
#13 of 18 Old 02-24-2006, 09:51 PM

I feel great! My stiches feel fine, and the only pain now is my poor butt because I got constipated! My rightnipple feels like it is going to fall off, but all is good!

He sleeps about 20 hours a day, and nurses the other 4. He only cries when we change his diaper. What a cutie.

I feel.. fine. I think. My MIL is leaving today, so ask me again tomorrow!

Yes. I can't even recall life before Elijah.

The cat is pissed, but I am convinced it is because she is about to go into labor. We will see after the kits are here.
#14 of 18 Old 03-01-2006, 08:15 PM

I feel really good. Ben is 2 weeks old today, and I feel back to "normal". I LOVE having my body back, I forgot how nice it is to be able to move around, sleep on my back, etc! I can't wait until it's nice enough to go for a bike ride.

He's been pretty good. We had a couple really fussy nights, but I think he was just having stomach issues. He is normally pretty happy.

Good! I was fully expecting to at least have a day or two of weepiness, but nothing so far! I guess I managed to sneak by the baby blues.

Well, no. Since this is our first this is definitely not normal! To have someone hanging off my boob half the day, and my partner and I having daily conversations about poop and puke ... it's different. It's been too cold to get outside, so I'm feeling pretty housebound as well.

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? Our two cats were completely freaked out at first, and now they will come up very slowly and sniff Ben's head. They're still not too sure about him.

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#15 of 18 Old 03-02-2006, 01:01 AM

How is your body recovering? Really well. This time has been so much easier than after dd's birth. At a little over 2 weeks I feel pretty normal, except for my stitches every now and again. And I can't wait until the bleeding ends.

Is baby fussy or relatively content? Relatively content. Everything has been easier the second time around - labor, birth, recovery, nursing. He sleeps a fair amount and nurses well when he is awake. Starting to have more aware time which is fun.

How are you feeling emotionally? Pretty good. A little weepy every now and then. I feel bad about how hard this has been for dd, that's the worst part.

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? Remarkably yes. We are doing playgroup, the grocery store, etc. The only thing that we are really working on is helping dd adjust.

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? DD's having a really hard time, that's been the hardest thing of all.

April
Mama to and
#16 of 18 Old 03-06-2006, 01:15 PM

How is your body recovering? I've already lost most of my pregnancy weight, my boobs have exploded which makes my back hurt a bit, otherwise I'm feeling great

Is baby fussy or relatively content? Content for the most part. She's got a touch of colic I think and has a very difficult time burping so sometimes after she eats she has some periods of fussiness until we can get those bubbles out of her belly. She loves to sit and watch her big sisters though

How are you feeling emotionally? a bit overwhelmed at times. I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be having 3 little ones home all day long. I have been dealing with a slight bit of depression, but not too bad really

Is your life starting to feel "normal"? My life has never been "normal" I'm starting to get into a routine....sort of.... and that helps a little. Dh went back to work today after being home for almost 4 weeks so things are starting to get more "normal"

How are your other dc's (or your pets) handling the new addition? My 11 yo is infatuated with the baby, she's a little mommy to her. My 4 yo likes to hold the baby occasionally and sometimes will talk to her but doesn't pay too much attention to her. My 2 yo basically ignores her except for the very occasional kiss on the forehead.
#17 of 18 Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 PM

Oops, double post...
#18 of 18 Old 03-06-2006, 03:18 PM

After having to have a C-section since Elaina decided to be breech, I am surpirised with how easy it was to recover. I was up out of bed the next day and walking around with no problem after a week. It's now been 2 1/ 2 weeks and I feel completely back to normal!

Other than wanting to nurse all the time and me struggling with that, she seems pretty chill and happy.

The first 10 days I was hit with a pretty bad case of the baby blues. I did not expect that to happen. I guess it was a combination of hormones, having inital trouble breastfeeding and feeling very disappointed in not being able to give birth naturally

No way. This is our first and life is completely upside down and inside out. BUT all in all, loving this new, sleep deprived lifestyle .

One of my cats couldn't care less and the other one who has always been the "baby" of the house, is defianely going through a rough time. He is not the same whatsoever but hopefully he'll get it over it!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page