Hello? Anyone still left out there (except me?) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-26-2006, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, now I'm 6 days past due...second baby too after a first one that was right on time. This bites.

I am feeling so alone, and frustrated and angry and impatient!! My maternity leave is already a week and a half gone already because I came down with bronchitis, so now my baby will only have 10 or so weeks with me - and that's if he comes now!! Which he's not!!

Tired of coming up with constant contingency plans for care of my 2 yo when I go into labor (if that ever frickin' happens), tired of feeling sporadic contractions, tired of everyone asking me what my instincts are telling me as to when this baby is coming. I don't know, people!

This is awful.
#2 of 19 Old 02-26-2006, 08:05 PM

I am not as late as you, but I understand. Today is my due date, and if one more person calls and asks me if i "feel" like it will happen today I will cry! Hopefully you will go soon! It is so very hard being late, but wouldnt be so bad if everyone would just quit asking!!
#3 of 19 Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM

Hey there, not in your ddc, but I noticed this when it came up as most current. I was due Oct 11th. A week went by, no baby, 2 weeks the same, by 43 weeks I lost it. I tried every natural way known to man to get a baby out. I took all the herbs at maximum doses all at once, I had chiropractor work, I had accupuncture, you name it, I tried it. None of it produced a single contraction. Then I don't know if my mind just completely broke and I resigned myself to the fact that I would be pregnant forever, or if I finally realized that I had no choice in the matter (short of cutting her out) and all I could do was wait, but the last 2 weeks that I was pregnant I was just peaceful. It was something I couldn't explain but I was just so blissfully pregnant at that point. When I finally went into labor at 45 weeks I was shocked, and a little sad that I wouldn't be pregnant anymore. I was glad that my baby gave me a few extra weeks to find peace before she came. My point of my story is that this is the last few days (or weeks) you have while having your baby all to yourself. She/he is still your little secret. I know the frusteration, but try to relax and be at peace with your baby and your body.
#4 of 19 Old 02-27-2006, 01:10 AM

I am due on Tuesday. So technically I am not late. I think the due date is accurate, based on when this baby was conceived.
So I know I'm not late and my due date, based on ultrasound and my own thoughts, was determined to be 2/28. But I still feel late. I thought I might go a little early; everyone said how big I looked, that I would go early because I was nesting.
Now I am getting antsy, I hope I know when I am in labor, hoping that labor progresses. Ugh. I guess it's anticipatory anxiety.
And yet I know I should enjoy these last days of quiet and get as much rest as I can for the busy days ahead.
#5 of 19 Old 02-28-2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsmom
I am due on Tuesday. So technically I am not late. I think the due date is accurate, based on when this baby was conceived.
So I know I'm not late and my due date, based on ultrasound and my own thoughts, was determined to be 2/28. But I still feel late. I thought I might go a little early; everyone said how big I looked, that I would go early because I was nesting.
Now I am getting antsy, I hope I know when I am in labor, hoping that labor progresses. Ugh. I guess it's anticipatory anxiety.
And yet I know I should enjoy these last days of quiet and get as much rest as I can for the busy days ahead.
Ditto Ditto Ditto on all accounts!

And to add to that, somehow DH got the DD mixed up and told everyone I was due last Friday, so I feel like I'm already 4 days late.

I had some contractions Sat night, but it was late so I had a glass of wine and went to bed. Nothing has happened since then and I feel like I missed my window of opportunity. Is that possible??

Looks like I may have a March baby!

Blessed Mama to 4 and expecting one more!
#6 of 19 Old 02-28-2006, 05:52 PM

me!!! i'm still here 5 days late so far... I'm trying to not think about it at all! Until Jacks pregnancy i never even had made it past about 36.5 weeks with my earliest at 33.5 then he was 2 days shy of 40 (and induced) so here i am waiting .... i'm all alone my dh is out to sea so i am really stir crazy and afraid to leave the house for the most art. I'm afraid that if i go out to go shopping to walk around get out of the house my water will break and I'll have to figure out how to explain it all and get everyone safely home ...
#7 of 19 Old 02-28-2006, 06:13 PM

I am still here too! Was due on 2/25 with an ironclad conception date. Both of my boys were born at 38.5 weeks so I guess this was completely unexpected.

In a way, I am glad the baby is holding off. Everyone here is sick with colds, pink eye, ear infections (only the second time DSs have had ear infections, go figure) ... we're expecting a plague of frogs or locusts next! OTOH, I have finally rounded into feeling miserable, sleepless, and needing a break from the discomfort. None of the natural stuff seems to be working, including acupuncture yesterday, so I guess I have lessons to learn about patience from this child.

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#8 of 19 Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 PM

We may all have to move on over to the March board! (well, unless I somehow have this baby in the next 5 hrs).

#9 of 19 Old 02-28-2006, 11:53 PM

I thought I was in labor today...had several hours of contractions, then took a nap, then they stopped. Now tonight they have started up again but are not very close together.
I did have some bloody show this afternoon.
Baby labor dust to the rest of you.
I guess we will be having March babies.
#10 of 19 Old 03-01-2006, 12:02 AM

Yep, looks like March babies!!! 3 days late. Seen the dear ole doc today, and 2 cm dialated, 70% efaced, he said baby is right there, well must be not there enuff, Im not pushing yet!!! lol. I feel alot of cx tonight but when they are 20 minutes apart they probably will just end up going away again. Today he asked me if i wanted him to break my waters tonight, I told him no. I dont mind being a little late, but everyone and there dog calls asking if we had the baby, like we have forgotten to call them and tell them or something!!!
#11 of 19 Old 03-01-2006, 01:10 AM

Overdue - day 8 here! I'm just resigning myself to an April baby at this point

Just sitting around, eating insane amounts of fresh pineapple and having lots of sex!

Mama to our nose-in-a-book Autumn (6) & our old soul Molly (4)
Imaginative, fun jewelry & photography Shenandoah Sunshine
#12 of 19 Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOfTheWorld
Just sitting around, eating insane amounts of fresh pineapple and having lots of sex!
mmm, those sounds like the components of a lovely vacation!!

I'll have to pick up some pineapple this afternoon, and make sure DH doesn't work late tonight!

#13 of 19 Old 03-01-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbean
mmm, those sounds like the components of a lovely vacation!!

I'll have to pick up some pineapple this afternoon, and make sure DH doesn't work late tonight!
Yes, I can think of worse ways to induce labor! I just wish I had more energy, you know?! And being in Hawaii or somewhere tropcial might help

Good luck mamas! I'm thinking about y'all!

#14 of 19 Old 03-01-2006, 06:23 PM

We are completely sexed out here ... it's become complete drudgery. DH actually said; "Oh no, not AGAIN!" this morning. All it does is stir about half an hour of contractions that dwindle away ...

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#15 of 19 Old 03-02-2006, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap
We are completely sexed out here ... it's become complete drudgery. DH actually said; "Oh no, not AGAIN!" this morning.

At least it's something pleasant in theory!

#16 of 19 Old 03-02-2006, 12:09 PM

My dh wont come near me for sex because I am dialated. I asked him if he thought he was gonna get stuck or something,lol. He said if he breaks my water in the process he couldnt handle it!!!
#17 of 19 Old 03-03-2006, 10:01 AM

at least your hubbys are home so you have the option of sex. I KNOW that if I could have sex right now I would be done ... Last check I was 5-6 cm dilated and 50-60% effaced... I mean really the baby should be about ready to fall out now! and Ive been like this for oh a week or so now! I have contractions all the time nothign regular but then with Jack I didn't have regular contractions either so that doesn't mean all that much to me either.

My hope is one day I'll wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and either my water will break so I know something is happening or I'll wake up and say oh I feel like pushing lol! Guess its a good thing we planned for a home birth!

Heres to hoping it will be soon 8 days 'overdue' though Lexi told me last night that the baby is not late she jsut needs more time getting ready because its a big adventure for her. (we think the baby is a girl)
#18 of 19 Old 03-11-2006, 12:01 AM

So... anyone else STILL out there?

We think our dates may have been a little off, so as opposed to a Feb. 19 EDD, it may be closer to Feb. 28 or so. Wednesday night I had tons of contractions and then they stopped Thursday morning - ahhh! I'm starting to get uncomfortable here

#19 of 19 Old 03-11-2006, 03:45 PM

Hang in there mama! It will be soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page