Knittin' In The Shade
mimi! (Jessica)
Tummy
LisaG (Lisa)
Erin_82
cali's-hippymama (Margarita)
goepark
MereOnceMoore (Meredith)

Please send me a private message (PM) with your due date in the heading if you need to added or changed! Also--if you would like a stork, please post or PM me....and tell me what color , , or :

...I know other people have introduced themselves on the March board, but I don't want to post anyone's private info (due date, name, etc.) unless you ask me to do it.... I'd hate to post private stuff if you didn't want it posted! So let me know!
-------------------------------------------------
Hi!

Thought it might be nice to share our names, backgrounds, and due dates in a thread. I have such a poor memory for names and dates, I'm definitely going to need a thread to look back on!

I'm Elisabeth, 29 and SAHM to identical twin boys, Ian and James. Dh is a high school math teacher, and we live in a cute little Milwaukee neighborhood here in Wisconsin. My background is in (believe it or not) tropical ecology, and pre (surprise) pregnancy I had been PhD bound....Ian and James were born with special needs, so we decided change plans to be _very_ family focused for these first several years. Part of that is me staying home, and I love being here for them. They're the sweetest little guys, and being home just means I get two or three times the toddler hugs in any given day. (Ian and James are three )

This new baby is such a blessing. We've been trying for 11 months, and Dh was just days away from going in to get his swimmers tested. We suspected the problem was me, anyway, so for a few months I've been getting acupuncture treatments. I don't know if that's the reason I'm here, but whatever! I'll take it! I'm going to keep up with the acupuncture through at least the first trimester, but I've stopped taking the Chinese Herbs.

In the future we're planning to adopt a girl from China, so if this baby is a boy I'll be just fine. If it is a girl, though, she already has a huge stash of cute clothes (I've been buying a few girl outfits here and there for years now...goofy, I know. )

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

ShellBelle76's Avatar ShellBelle76 05:55 PM 06-27-2005
Hi Elisabeth! Congrats on your pregnancy! My due date is 3/1 - and I'm finishing up my phd in business administration. Keeps me very busy, and I'm determined to finish before the baby is born. On that note, I'd best get back to work.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with y'all!
Mrs Dimples's Avatar Mrs Dimples 10:36 PM 06-27-2005
How old are your boys, Elisabeth?

Hi Shelley! Lots of smart mamas here so far.

I'm Rachel, I am a mostly-SAHM to Devlin, 21 months. I am absolutely thrilled to be pg, "due" March 4-5. We are planning a homebirth. I teach classes a few times a month at a brick and mortar AP/NFL store in my area. I teach classes on BFing, babywearing, and cloth diapering.
sarahkjack's Avatar sarahkjack 05:06 PM 06-28-2005
Hi all! I haven't introduced myself yet, so thought this was a good thread to start :-) I'm Sarah, SAHM to 3 kiddos...my oldest, Nathaniel, will be 8 in July. My middle, Ethan, just turned 5. And my youngest, Emily, turned 3 a few weeks ago....she's my nursling, still going strong :-) I tested positive 3 days ago...VERY quickly I might add, lol. AF was due that day. I'm guessing I'll be due around 3/6 or so, but my 3 kids were all early so I'm thinking late February this one will make his/her appearance! DH & I are very excited!

Sarah (who needs to learn how to do cool siggys...I've only ever posted on AOL boards before!)
amyrobynne's Avatar amyrobynne 03:05 AM 06-29-2005
Hi everybody! I'm Amy, mom to Peter (15 months). I started a little WAHM business last fall that I work on after he goes to bed, but I've loved the transition to being at home with him. We cloth diaper, cosleep, and breastfeed on demand. Peter was born at home with two midwives in attendance at 42w2d (after 24 hours active and 4 days prodromal labor) but ended up getting transferred to the NICU because of breathing problems. I'm looking forward to a calmer homebirth this time around! I'm due March 7th--the day before my son's 2nd birthday. Hopefully this kid won't make me go so far overdue.
JillChristina's Avatar JillChristina 03:11 AM 06-29-2005
I'm excited to be joining you all!

I'm Jill, SAHM to Miss Kylie, who will be three in August. My dh is Philip and he works at Philips Electronics as a technical manager. We live in Snohomish, WA, with our two cats and four fish.

I just had my IUD removed last month and am a little surprised to be pg already. Thrilled, of course, but surprised. Everyone we've told so far is excited. I just can't keep this pg secret.

I look forward to getting to know you mommas better over the course of our pregnancy.

Jill
kindergirl77's Avatar kindergirl77 01:42 AM 06-30-2005
Hi ladies! Congrats to you all!

I am newly pregnant w/ blessing #2 due March 2. I also have a 19 month old girl and I do home daycare (for now) until this baby comes, in which I will be looking forward to being a f/t SAHM!
I had a terrible birth experience last time and want to take control of this birth as much as I can to have a natural experience. :
zoe11's Avatar zoe11 02:39 AM 07-01-2005
This is my first post on Mothering, so I hope I'm doing it right, but I'm due March 4. My name is Aly, aged 22 years, mother to 3 1/2 year old Colin, who is still nursing. I'm hopefully having a homebirth this time, planning to interview midwives next week. I live in Michigan. I'm glad to "meet" all of you and Congratulations!
RedOakMomma's Avatar RedOakMomma 01:19 PM 07-01-2005
Welcome, Aly! Congratulations to you, too!
mimi!'s Avatar mimi! 03:08 AM 07-03-2005
Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to be here too! You rock RedOakMomma with starting an ongoing thread for us to chat on, as well as the website links -very cool

I'm due with #2 around March 4th. I have a ds who is 25mo., so they will be 2yr. 10mo apart, which I am hoping is a good space. Ds is nursing, with no signs of giving up! I slowly cut him back quite a bit to get pregnant, which was a 9 mo. process of night weaning, herbs, and homeopathy. Glad to be overwith thinking about all the things I need to take in one day Just drinking nettles and raspberry leaf now which is nice.

So this is week 5, and thanks again RedOak for the site with the pics! love it! - and the cramping I've had is sorta getting less. Anyone else had cramping and worrying?

Oh yeah, about me. I used to work in health promotion and epidemology, and loving being a sahm. Well, I just too exhausted even to think about going out to work everyday anyway! dh is a grade 2 teacher and we are just starting to enjoy our summer break and 5th wedding anniversary.

Looking forward to the next 35 weeks with everyone and those to come. Hey, march is a great month to be born; dh was born on the 6th and me the 31st of march. Here's to another march baby in our family!

Take care and rest well!
Gosh, I'm off to eat some more green olives; I've alread had 3 containers :
zoe11's Avatar zoe11 01:40 PM 07-03-2005
So this is week 5, and thanks again RedOak for the site with the pics! love it! - and the cramping I've had is sorta getting less. Anyone else had cramping and worrying?

I'm glad you mentioned this! I feel a lot of cramping, like period cramps, only constant and not as sharp. I don't remember this from my last pg. And I just don't feel miserable like I did with my last pg, very little nausea, bf my son doesn't hurt, I'm not tired all the time. Plus, I played soccer the day before I found out I was pg and got some really hard balls to the stomach. So the worrying starts once again!

Aly
Mom2Abaigeal's Avatar Mom2Abaigeal 03:44 PM 07-03-2005
Hi add me to the list too! I am so excited to be here, I just found out yesterday when I got sick at work and had to come home. I had started back to work (three mornings a week) a week ago...so that will not be lasting long lol.
I have one dd who will be 3 in September. When I was preg with her we were living in Va near our family, this time we will be going it alone so I am so nervous about not having all that support.

Talk to you soon,
Erin

Oops, I am due around March 5th!!
Cedarmom's Avatar Cedarmom 05:47 PM 07-03-2005
Hi! I'm Paula, SAHM to Sage, who is 25 months old. I found mothering thru the cloth diapering forums and discovered that a lot of the things that I did naturally are considered 'AP'. heh. Who knew responding to your babe's needs wasn't what everyone did??? :LOL

Anyway, I had an angel in April (due in November) and I'm now due again March 1st. I was nursing until Feb when Ds suddenly self-weaned. His weaning coincided exactly with implantation with my last pregnancy. I tried to get him to go back but he'd have none of it.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies.
a-sorta-fairytale's Avatar a-sorta-fairytale 06:56 PM 07-03-2005
HI! I am "due" on march 10th. I will be planning a home vbac. I was 10 days "over due" (its not like they have a calendar in there!) with my dd Cali and ended up with a cs for craniosyntosis.
She was 12 pouns at birth so i am wondering if this little sprout will be bigger?

We were going to start ttc next month but were blessed early.

I am so excited to go on this journey again.

Anyone else still nursing?
Cali is 14 months and not planning on quitting anytime soon

MArgarita
momto3g3b's Avatar momto3g3b 09:51 PM 07-04-2005
Hi! Guess I'm the "old lady" of the bunch thus far. :LOL

I'm Kate, a homeschooling SAHM to 6 kiddos ranging from 13.5 to 19 months. I'm due March 14th (or thereabouts) and, assuming I am having just one baby (I've conceived 3 sets of multiples out of 5 pregnancies, but only delivered 1 set, so it's possible I could have multiples again), I would like to try to have a VBAC. My first 3 kids were vaginal births, then my twins were c-section due to being in a footling breech position (both of them) and my last child was also a c-section because I couldn't convince any doctor to let me have a VBAC. My plan, if I have one baby (or if I have vertex twins), is to labor at home until I hit transition (with the assistance of a midwife or doula to watch for any possible problems) and then go to the hospital, which is 10 minutes away. I figure that it the baby is pretty much crowning or almost there, they really can't make me have a c-section again. And I'll do pretty much anything I can to avoid another one!

Anyhow, I'm thrilled to be here and look forward to sharing the pg experience with the rest of you ladies.

Quote:
Anyone else still nursing?
Yep! Isaac is still going strong. I've never nursed during a pregnancy, so I have no idea whether he'll continue to the end or if he'll wean. I guess time will tell, eh?
a-sorta-fairytale's Avatar a-sorta-fairytale 01:24 AM 07-05-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3g3b
Hi! Guess I'm the "old lady" of the bunch thus far. :LOL

I'm Kate, a homeschooling SAHM to 6 kiddos ranging from 13.5 to 19 months. I'm due March 14th (or thereabouts) and, assuming I am having just one baby (I've conceived 3 sets of multiples out of 5 pregnancies, but only delivered 1 set, so it's possible I could have multiples again), I would like to try to have a VBAC. My first 3 kids were vaginal births, then my twins were c-section due to being in a footling breech position (both of them) and my last child was also a c-section because I couldn't convince any doctor to let me have a VBAC. My plan, if I have one baby (or if I have vertex twins), is to labor at home until I hit transition (with the assistance of a midwife or doula to watch for any possible problems) and then go to the hospital, which is 10 minutes away. I figure that it the baby is pretty much crowning or almost there, they really can't make me have a c-section again. And I'll do pretty much anything I can to avoid another one!

Anyhow, I'm thrilled to be here and look forward to sharing the pg experience with the rest of you ladies.

Yep! Isaac is still going strong. I've never nursed during a pregnancy, so I have no idea whether he'll continue to the end or if he'll wean. I guess time will tell, eh?

are you a part of ican? it is ican-online.org the ladies there ahve a ton of great vbac info
amyrobynne's Avatar amyrobynne 04:04 AM 07-05-2005
Kate, if I was in your situation, that's exactly how I would choose to deliver, too. Well, maybe I'd just plan a homebirth, but after a couple c-sections, I can understand the desire to consider a hospital birth.

Glad to have you join us! My 15 month old still nurses constantly, so that's a concern for me, too.
lytemami718's Avatar lytemami718 02:05 PM 07-05-2005
Im 5 wks preg due on march 4th and this will be my 2nd. Im 23 yrs old and feel like a disappointment to some ppl, but learning how to please me. Im happy about this and scared. So is my Bf who is my 3 and half yr old son father. Just need reassurance that I can too do this!!
LisaG's Avatar LisaG 02:53 PM 07-05-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali's-hippymama
are you a part of ican? it is ican-online.org the ladies there ahve a ton of great vbac info
ICAN is an AWESOME resource . They have a fabulous email list - I learned more from being on that list than any book I've read. There are also women in your situation Kate who've found "creative" ways to avoid unnecessary c/s.

Lisa
LisaG's Avatar LisaG 02:56 PM 07-05-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lytemami718
Im 5 wks preg due on march 4th and this will be my 2nd. Im 23 yrs old and feel like a disappointment to some ppl, but learning how to please me. Im happy about this and scared. So is my Bf who is my 3 and half yr old son father. Just need reassurance that I can too do this!!
and Welcome!! Glad you introduced yourself. Look at it this way, you're way ahead of me, you've already done this once .

As for avoiding the people pleasing - they'll get over it, or not, and you'll then have the opportunity to surround yourself with people who can offer you REAL support.

Lisa
RedOakMomma's Avatar RedOakMomma 05:39 PM 07-05-2005
My Goodness! What was the moon doing on June 11th? That's FIVE mamas due on March 4th, and I bet there's more to come!

zoe11 and mimi!~ I'm glad to mentioned the cramping, too. I've been feeling it since AF was due, and I don't know quite what to think of it. It's more of a tugging feeling than a menstrual feeling, though. It's starting to go away now, so I'm hoping it was just the baby getting settled in.

Stay, babies, stay!

LisaG~ when are you due? Would you like me to put you on the list of March mamas, or do you think you're in February? Lemme know....
LisaG's Avatar LisaG 10:46 PM 07-05-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
LisaG~ when are you due? Would you like me to put you on the list of March mamas, or do you think you're in February? Lemme know....
According to my calculations I'm officially 40 weeks on March 8th, so I guess use that for now and I'll update it when I see my doc. I'm hoping he'll agree to push it to the first part of March - the later the better as far as I'm concerned

Thanks!
honeybee's Avatar honeybee 09:03 AM 07-06-2005
Hi! I'm Melissa. I have a 20-month nursling ds. He had been sleeping through the night, so I thought we would go ahead and ttc; but, now that I am pg, he is suddenly waking up to nurse a few times a night again. Well, I'm planning on just taking one day at a time as far as the nursing goes.

I am 31, and have been married to Tom for 6 years. I was a high school math teacher for 5 years. Then I quit due to a political situation and spent a year editing math activity books. That worked out great because I ended up working for the same publisher writing math activity books from home after ds was born.

Since January, however, I haven't had any work (publisher hasn't gotten its act together to allocate money for a new publishing cycle yet), so I've been enjoying being a f/t SAHM.

Anyone have one breast that is a lot more sore than the other one? My left breast has really been hurting, while the right is only occasionally a little tender.

According to TCOYF, I'm due March 2nd. But, when I first calculated it, I got March 1st. That's dh's birthday, so I'm sticking with the first as my date! My birthday is March 6th, and my brother's is March 8th. So, this baby will be in good company! I'm starting to wonder if ds is going to feel a little left out being the only one with a birthday in November!

Melissa
momto3g3b's Avatar momto3g3b 01:56 PM 07-06-2005
Quote:
Yes ~ I joined a few days ago. I'm looking forward to getting LOTS of good information. Here's to hoping for a VBA2C for me!
nubianamy's Avatar nubianamy 03:34 PM 07-06-2005
This is my first post on the Mothering discussion boards. I'm very glad to be here. We *haven't* been TTC, but have been talking about TTC in August or September. I'm a teacher and the ideal situation would be to have the baby in June, so I could finish out the year. Well, my body decided that NOW would be a good time...! Estimated due date is March 7, 2006.

I teach elementary school in Ann Arbor, MI. My partner owns his own computer networking company. We will be moving in to Touchstone Cohousing this fall -- very excited to be moving in finally after a 3 year process of designing/building! -- and three other neighbors are also TTC right now, so that will be so much fun.

We are eating very well, organics & whole foods, and I am cooking much more... taking heavy-duty prenatals w/raspberry leaf and B6 (short luteal phase, guess I don't have to worry about that now!)...

I am a former doula and am fairly knowledgeable about birth, but don't know so much about babies. =) Looking forward to learning from all of you. I am a strong proponent of home birth and plan to find a midwife soon.

I live an "alternative" lifestyle in just about every way possible, but we are both down-to-earth folks and are very much looking forward to this baby.
honeybee's Avatar honeybee 10:45 PM 07-06-2005
nubianamy,

Look at it this way. If you can work it to take the rest of the school year off after the baby's born, you'll have nearly 5 months with your baby before (if) you return to work. If the baby was born in June, you'd barely get 3 months!

I understand not wanting to give up "your" students to someone else for the rest of the year, though. I ended up quitting teaching before I got pregnant, but I was ttc while teaching, and worried about how it would all work out. We had such a hard time finding qualified teachers (hs math, with a progressive curriculum), let alone qualified subs. My last year was a nightmare of trying to supervise underqualified long-term subs and a student teacher... okay, sorry for the tangent!

Melissa
juicypakwan's Avatar juicypakwan 12:59 AM 07-07-2005
Hi,
I'm due March 8 and am looking forward to getting to know you guys. I have 3 kids and am planning a UC homebirth. We had a miscarriage last fall so am crossing my fingers as cramps heat up.
a-sorta-fairytale's Avatar a-sorta-fairytale 01:38 AM 07-07-2005
Is it normal for a us at the first apt?
I was on a mainstream board (i know i know - i think i like to torture myself!) and all the march moms were talknig about hearing a heartbeat and all that jazz. I am planning a hbac (home vbac) and will only get one ultrasoudn to check for placenta placement (unless it is iffy and another is needed of course). Is it really the norn to do this? I hear of people getting 3-6 us per preg on average now. It blows my mind.
MArgarita
cali 4/30/04
edd 3/10/06
kindergirl77's Avatar kindergirl77 02:20 AM 07-07-2005
Hi Margarita! I just wanted to say hi to you, since I recognized you from the AP board on babycenter. Glad to be due around the same time as you!
amyrobynne's Avatar amyrobynne 05:29 AM 07-07-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali's-hippymama
Is it normal for a us at the first apt?
I was on a mainstream board (i know i know - i think i like to torture myself!) and all the march moms were talknig about hearing a heartbeat and all that jazz. I am planning a hbac (home vbac) and will only get one ultrasoudn to check for placenta placement (unless it is iffy and another is needed of course). Is it really the norn to do this? I hear of people getting 3-6 us per preg on average now. It blows my mind.
MArgarita
cali 4/30/04
edd 3/10/06
I don't think having multiple u/s's is normal for low-risk women. I started my care last time with a CNM connected to a hospital and I would have had one 18-20 week u/s if I'd stayed with them. The fact that they really pushed us to have that one when I didn't feel it was necessary was the final push to choosing homebirth for me.
1 2  3  ... Last

Up