Week of July 4-10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 07-05-2005, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought it might be easier to keep track of everyone if we had a general topic thread. I figure if we do it week by week it's easier to keep up with. What do you think?

Anyone else's boobs feel like they're going to torpedo right off their chest? :LOL

Lisa

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 12:12 AM

Not much boob soreness here..a little tenderness, esp. when dd latches on for nursing. No morning sickness yet either! My main symptoms are constant hunger & tiredness!

Sarah, SAHM to Nathaniel, Ethan & Emily
Expecting a new bundle of joy 3/6/06!
#3 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 01:43 AM

5 weeks, 0 days

Breast tenderness was my first preg. symptom last pregnancy, but I haven't noticed that this time around. I had to buy larger bras at 4 weeks preg last time!

I'm sleeping more than usual and always napping with my son, but otherwise, feel pretty normal. If I don't eat for longer than usual, my stomach starts twisting, but that's the worst it gets. With my first, the nausea kicked in at 5 weeks, so I'll be happy every day I avoid it now.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#4 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 05:15 AM

Absolutely no symptoms. I didn't have any with DS, except for the occaisional bout of nausea. I am still delirious from actually being pregnant.

Olivia
#5 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 AM

Yeah, my stomach starts twisting if I go too long without eating, but other than that no sickness. And my breasts are sore, the left much more so than my right. And ds is nowhere near ready to be weaned; he has actually picked up the nursing a LOT since I got pg! I was all prepared to nurse through pg and tandem nurse, but dang! It's already hurting! But, I know I can hang in there. I endured 4 months of torture when ds first got his teeth, and that was worth it to experience the wonderful toddler nursing. And, really, I just don't know how to mother without it. How would he get to sleep? How would I comfort him after a fall, or a tantrum, or when he's tired and cranky?

But I have to admit, I'm rather hoping he will wean himself once the milk dries up.

Melissa

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#6 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee
And, really, I just don't know how to mother without it. How would he get to sleep? How would I comfort him after a fall, or a tantrum, or when he's tired and cranky?

But I have to admit, I'm rather hoping he will wean himself once the milk dries up.

Melissa
I'm there with you, Melissa. Nursing is such a mothering fix-all that it's going to be challenging to learn to live without it!

I don't have a strong preference for or against tandem nursing, but I hope my son doesn't insist to nurse constantly if it hurts.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#7 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 02:02 PM

4w,1d.

I'm nauseated, my breasts are sore (left much more than right) and I'm very sleepy most of the time.

I have an u/s tomorrow morning to see if I'm carrying more than one baby. I've conceived multiples in 3 of my 5 pregnancies, so my doctor wants to see how many gestational sacs are in there. My dh and I are praying for twins again.

I'll definitely update when I get home and post an u/s picture.
#8 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 02:04 PM

Lisa~Great idea! Now that I'm starting to "feel" pregnant, it's nice to have a place to get chatty.

I'm 5w5d today, and yesterday the tiredness/ick feelings really started. Last time (with twins) it was a VERY intense first trimester, so I'm hoping this time it's easier. So far it's not so bad. I don't feel great, but if I get up and get moving I can distract myself from it. Smells are starting to get to me, though (our fridge needs to be cleaned according to my preg. nose, but last week it smelled fine). I'm also very grossed out by the sight or idea of things....an old bottle of kitten ear mite preventative flipped my stomach last night, and this morning my dSIL thought it'd be funny to tell me a story about my nephew drinking out of a yellow mustard container. BLECK!

All of you that are nursing while pregnant--way to go! It must be tough, but at the same time, it gives you a sure-fire way to comfort and calm your little ones. You're such good mamas!

This is our first time being pregnant while having children. Anyone have any advice?? I'm a little worried about what it's going to be like week 8-week 13...last time I could barely crawl out of bed, but this time I'm going to have two 3 year olds to take care of! At least Dh is working half days this summer...that's something to be VERY thankful for.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#9 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM

Some nausea, my milk has completely disappeared as of yesterday. It didn't hurt to nurse a few days ago, suprisingly, but my breasts feel full and tingly. Last time I had bad nausea and nipple pain, but this time I feel a lot better than last time. I'm hoping that the 7 months of throwing up doesn't repeat itself this time.

It's nice to see I'm normal!
Aly
#10 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 03:53 PM

I have no nausea (yet). I'm hungry, but can't tell if it's other than usual hungry. My left breast is swollen, but not my right, but this often happens before my period. I almost want to have more pregnancy signs, even if they're negative, just so I can actually *feel* pregnant!
#11 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM

Only really tired here. But I'm only 4 weeks today. Fingers crossed that morning sickness will pass me by this time.
#12 of 27 Old 07-06-2005, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies,
Nice to hear about other's adventures. Boobs still tender but not as explosive feeling. I've got nausea off and on, nothing major & it seems to be triggered if I go too long without eating. It's weird - for me it's more about texture of foods than taste. I'm all about juicy foods right now. Fruit & yogurt is on the top of my list, but I'm trying to limit myself to a couple times a week because my guts don't do dairy all that well although yogurt isn't too bad.

Eggs & meat, I'm eating them but there's not enough juice in them .

My attitude today - ugh, motivation is way low, people are getting on my last nerves, and the fun's just begun :LOL

Happy gestating!

Lisa

#13 of 27 Old 07-07-2005, 08:00 AM

Suddenly today I've had lots of tiny "symptoms!" Sore nipples, moodiness, nausea (very light), hungry hungry hungry, dizziness, cramping (that was scary), wakefulness. Is it usual to have gassiness? I have that too.

I think I need sleep.

-Maggi
#14 of 27 Old 07-07-2005, 09:49 AM

HI ladies! I have no pregnancy symptoms at all, maybe slightly sore, enlarged boobs. A little tired, but I think that's the weather here.

Can anyone tell me how far along I am? I ovulated on June 20th and my period was due yesterday (July 7th). I have a 27 day cycle. I was thinking 4 weeks along, but a calender has me down as 5 weeks along. Confusing.

Please keep England in your thoughts. We're waiting to hear from friends in London and I am definitely on edge... I am pretty sure they're OK, but I am just worried. Terrible 7 explosions.

Olivia
#15 of 27 Old 07-07-2005, 01:50 PM

etoilech~ my future BIL lives near London, so I've been watching the news all morning. It looks better now that it did early this morning--only four explosions total. Londoners did a great job with helping all the injured.

nubianamy~ I'm glad you mentioned gassiness! Last night my dh kept looking at me because I was tooting up a storm! I'm never like that normally, so it must be some weird pregnancy/hormonal reaction. Bizarro!

LisaG~ last time fruit juice was about the only thing that looked appetizing! Did you know pineapple juice is a really good anti-nausea agent? My mom, when she was sick from chemo, was told by her doctors to drink pineapple juice. It works wonders!!

hck73~ : for you, too

#16 of 27 Old 07-07-2005, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

That's interesting on the pineapple juice. I do like it.

Well ladies, I've had some spotting this evening. I'm trying to stay calm and not jump to conclusions, but it was a whole lot easier when there wasn't any. This is so freaking not the least bit amusing. No cramping, which I think is a good sign. Temp was fine this morning. Well, I'm off for an early bed. Here's hoping all is well :

#17 of 27 Old 07-08-2005, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Spotting stopped before bed last night, and none since. Temp was still up this morning. I'm a bit rattled, but hopeful. One day at a time.

Lisa

#18 of 27 Old 07-08-2005, 01:10 PM

, Lisa. I had spotting with Ian and James at 5 weeks or so, and after two days it stopped. Everything turned out fine.

Wishing you well,

#19 of 27 Old 07-08-2005, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Elisabeth, I take hope from that!

#20 of 27 Old 07-09-2005, 01:24 PM

I'm tired and nauseated all the time now. Other than that I have no real symptoms. Both my boys are still nursing so I'm hungrier than usual too. I nursed all through my last pregnancy and tandemed starting at birth so this time around should be interesting. My milk never dried up last time, I wonder if it will this time?
#21 of 27 Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Etoilech- you're probably due right around me: March 15/16. I have a 28 day cycle and was due for AF on the 6th

The news from London is terrible. I hope these people are not exploited by those w/ agendas while they deal w/ their grief.
#22 of 27 Old 07-09-2005, 04:15 PM

Thank you, Elisabeth
#23 of 27 Old 07-09-2005, 04:16 PM

Hi Lisa-
I hope that no news is good news!
#24 of 27 Old 07-09-2005, 10:40 PM

Just saw my ND for the nausea and she gave me some homeopathy for it. She said it treats the liver which is the main cause of nausea when it can not process the new flux of hormones properly. So if anyone is looking for some liver help with their nausea, I've recently read that dandylion tincture 3X a day before meals should help and is gentle during pregnancy.

Anyone making herbal tea infusions yet? What's in your brew? anything in addition to raspberry leaf?

Gosh, am I tired! I can't get out of bed in the morning and when ds wakes from his nap. He patiently waited for me to wake up this afternoon for over 1/2 and hour! poor boo, probably afraid I'd be a grump if he woke me - which I've been a lot these days :

Lisa: I think progesterone cream can be helpful in your case but you'd have to find more info. I think it can prevent miscarrages if its hormonally related.

On to week 6!

Take care everyone!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#25 of 27 Old 07-09-2005, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi!
Anyone making herbal tea infusions yet? What's in your brew? anything in addition to raspberry leaf?
I am still on vacation, so haven't started yet, but plan to include nettle and peppermint in mine. The nettle is good for my bf who is fighting allergies, too, so we'll probably both drink it! =)

-Maggi (I need to make a .sig)
#26 of 27 Old 07-10-2005, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hck73
Hi Lisa-
I hope that no news is good news!
It is Had another bit of spotting Friday night - interesting that it was around the same time as Thursday evenings - but it was less and shorter in duration. Since then nothing - knock on wood, knock on wood! Temps are still good and high, so I'm taking comfort from that and my sore boobs. I have acupuncture tomorrow morning which will be helpful.

Mimi - I'm taking non-synthetic progesterone suppositories. When I was tested pre-pregnancy my levels weren't low, but it can't hurt and could help, so I was glad my ob/gyn was supportive of that.

Question on red raspberry leaf tea - I've heard that you shouldn't take it during the first trimester, but I can't remember why. Anyone else heard that?

Smooth gestating out there ladies!

Lisa

#27 of 27 Old 07-10-2005, 11:16 PM

I`m about 5wks a a few days, i dont remember.

My breast feel fine but my milk supply has already decreased. I can see the dif with dd2 and she is drinking more out of her sippy cups. I feel nauseous a bit sometimes but not much more than that. I hope that the nursing with help with that because last pg it was baddddd.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page