Happy early birthday to me! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-07-2005, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tomorrow is my 26th birthday and yesterday I got a very faint, very surprise . I'm still in shock, even though I've suspected it for the past week. We have 3 kiddos already, Eli (6), Jack (4.5), and Claudia (13months). I'm a little nervous to be posting here, we had two losses before getting pg with Claudia and I've had some faint spotting (which is actually normal for me, I had regular periods until 6 months with E, and 3 months with J and C, but it still wigs me out-especially after the losses).

I would love to have a VBAC and am going to start looking into it here (we moved to a different state last year, I'm not sure on the "rules" at this hospital). Eli was an emergency c/s at 31 weeks (pre-e and hellp), Jack was a "planned" c/s at 40 weeks (breech-and I was didn't educate myself like I should have), and Claudia was another emergency c/s at 28 weeks (low fetal blood pressure/IUGR/mild pre-e). Hopefully we'll get to term again, it was wonderful being able to hold and nurse Jack right away.

Anyone else still nursing? Claudia still nurses a lot, I'm really hoping this pregnancy doesn't cause her to wean but I must admit I have no experience with nursing while pregnant (I weaned Eli at 6 months ).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Welcome and congrats!!!!! I am also still nursing - my dd is 3 yo. I am actually sorta hoping she WILL wean, lol. I had to wean my second ds while pg with dd because I just couldn't stand the pain. We'll see what happens this time around!

Sarah, mommy to Nathaniel, Ethan & Emily
Expecting a new bundle of joy 3/6/06!
#3 of 4 Old 07-08-2005, 12:20 PM

Jilian~
Congratulations!
What pregnancy adventures you've had! I hope you get your wish for a VBAC--there are so many women here (on the chat boards) who have had repeated C/S and then had successful VBACs. You might even want to check out some of the VBAC birth stories--some of them are so inspirational!! Plus, I'm sure a few of the VBAC moms could point you toward some great resources.

It seems you're in good company as far as the nursing/pregnant status goes--it seems like so many people here in March are nursing!

Congratulations, and happy belated birthday!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#4 of 4 Old 07-08-2005, 01:25 PM

Hi, and congratulations!

I'm still nursing my 20-month-old ds, and just kind of waiting to see what happens.

Melissa

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page