Definite TMI question (about CM...) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else having a lot of creamy/eggwhite CM? I don't remember if this happened with my last pregnancy, I can't find anything about it in the Dr. Sears book, and it really freaks me out sometimes...I'll be in the middle of doing something, feel a trickle :, and worry "is it blood? am I miscarrying?" Somebody please tell me this is happening to you, too!

The only thing I can imagine is happening is that this is how the mucous plug (bloody show) is formed?? It's not urine, and it's not some sort of infection...everything looks healthy, but it's every day! If I had made this much EWCM when we were TTC, it would have taken a lot less time to conceive!

Does anyone else remember how long this goes on?

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#2 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 02:23 PM

well, i'm not sure what CM is but it sounds like your talking about 'vaginal discharge' as the doctors call it. lol. But I've read that during pregnancy it's normal for a increase in discharge and as long as its clear/whitish then you're fine. Apparently it's from an increase in mucus that your body needs to form a protective layer around your placenta, or uterus or something. LOL, i'm no doctror, obviously.
But I think you're fine. I was reading some of Jenny McArthy's book, Belly Laughs and she said she had so much that she had to wear a pad!
#3 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been having that same worry. I lost a big chunk yesterday that was very similar to mucus plug but I'm not sure it is formed this early. It probably is normal though.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#4 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 10:04 PM

Elisabeth, I totally, totally relate. I too go through the whole was that mucous or blood until I can get to the bathroom and check. Day by day it's getting to be less of a concern.

I think as long as it's creamy/clear and no odor you're totally normal

Now, let us exhale

Lisa

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#5 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
Is anyone else having a lot of creamy/eggwhite CM? I don't remember if this happened with my last pregnancy, I can't find anything about it in the Dr. Sears book, and it really freaks me out sometimes...I'll be in the middle of doing something, feel a trickle :, and worry "is it blood? am I miscarrying?" Somebody please tell me this is happening to you, too!
You are not alone! I too have noticed increased CM....and like you when I feel the trickle I immediately think it's blood and run to the bathroom to check! Thank god it's always the CM.

Sarah, mommy to Nathaniel, Ethan & Emily
Expecting a New Bundle of Joy 3/6/06!!
#6 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 10:29 PM

Hi ROM,
Just wanted to pop in from the February group to say "congrats" on getting pg! It's nice to see another grad from the One Thread over in the due date boards.
Also, with this pg and my last one, I have/had loads of discharge. Because of my previous m/c, any trickle still sends me running to the bathroom but my doctor said it's very normal. It may get worse as you enter your 3rd trimester because I remember wearing pads when I was pg with my dd.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#7 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 11:30 PM

#8 of 9 Old 07-19-2005, 11:44 PM

I'm "me, too"-ing on this one. I always have a lot of CM, though, so it doesn't seem so different from usual! But I did read that it is typical to have an increase in discharge, along with sore breasts, nausea, etc. in the first trimester.
#9 of 9 Old 07-21-2005, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone

It's amazing how quickly something can go from scary to routine once you find out other people are experiencing it, too.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page